Getting into a fleet

Yes, yes. Go see Blades and tell him he sent y--wait, that isn't right....--ah screw it.

If you want action, you should join the Elites of Orion Fleet. (it rhymes! ) We are the most active Fleet, on the forums, and have our own separate forums (here). We're currently employed as the Heavy Strike Force in GalCom, and would like a few good commanders. Also, we're in dire need of Pilots and Marines.

We take only the best of the best, and our Academy trains you and tests you to be exactly that. (And we want active people. In forum and in game.) So if, in multiplayer, you want to have an interesting life in space, try Orion. If you're up to the challenge.

Go contact Fleet Commander Blades like he said , or contact $ilk, the Recruitment officer. ( [email protected] )

Finally, being the Welcome Wagon, I'm here to assist you if you have any questions. Feel free to ask any time. ( [email protected] ) I'm best suited at answering questions on the Fleet system, and multiplayer, and Role Play, and stuff like that. If you need tech support, you know where to go.

So, if you're interested, come our way. If you're not, then go do whatever you want. And if I see you listen to Rattler and go Insurgent, then (as Gallion so puts it) Welcome to our Nightmare......

Nova, over and out.

quote:

We are the most active Fleet, on the forums

I beg to differ! Sadistic, if you are looking for a great fleet then come to the ISS. http://issfleet.iwarp.com/index.ie.html check out our site there. If Intelligence, espionage and covert ops are your bag, then ISS is the fleet for you. Plus we have wing logos! something other fleets can't boast, *cough*orion*cough*

Whichever fleet you choose, welcome to BCM!

-RVS-

quote:

Plus we have wing logos! something other fleets can't boast, *cough*orion*cough*

Thats true, ISS has wing logos. Just a pity they dont have any commanders to proudly wear those logos. And just FYI, Orion has had a selection of wing logos for over a year now - we just havent finalised on ones to stick in our signatures. Remember always, the Orion Fleet is light years ahead of any others in way of preperation, readiness and discipline.

Put that in your pipe n smoke it.

Seriously people, Galcomer's shouldn't fight amongst each other... We should be fighting bunnies *EVIL GRIN* MWUAH HAH HAH HAH HAH!

Alright, Sadistic... lets see. We have:

1. Prime fleet, the allrounders, no specialty but they are most numerous, good if you want alot of people backing you up!

2. Orion, the heavy hitters. The elite of the elite, they come, they take a look around, THEY BLAST THE $%#@ out of everything. Then they leave it up to us to clean up *sigh*.

3. Wraith fleet, covert ops people like myself *grin*. They attack under cover of darkness and slit your throat before you know what the hell happened... hehehe.

4. ISS fleet, the protectors. We guard the home systems Sol, Alpha Centauri, Omicron Eridani etc. And keep the peace whilst everyone else goes and has a trigger happy time blowing the socks off each other... We also have a Intelligence and Espionage division of which I am incharge of, I KNOW ALL YOUR SECRETS, AND YOU CANNOT HIDE FROM ME... MWUAH HAH HAH HAH.

Or you could always choose to join up with the bunnies (insurgents) or the goat-faced gammulans. I'm sure Galcom would be dissapointed if it lost you to one of them. *grin*.

If you really want to know more, check out the newbies section on nova's site www.rp.orionfleet.com it's really good!

"NOW WHERE IS MY BBQ SAUCE!"

-Ben Stephenson, 2001, "The Funny Farm" Mental Institution, Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Hello...just got forum aproval...I have a question..I signed up in the fleet data base..several months ago as an explorer.(before I realized the limitations on assests ( mainly ships and fire power)....any way game should be here any day now...and I was wondering...is there any way to change your caste once your already in the dats base...I want to go military...either Insurgent..or ISS.

Send an e-mail to [email protected] asking for whatever changes (like joining the ISS ) you need.

EDIT: err, just checked my profile in the DB and saw that I was able to change my caste and pretty much everything else (sides my login name). So you may not need to mail at all. login and see what you can change. (I am a wing leader so that makes a slight difference to the fields that I can alter so your mileage may vary)

[ 11-26-2001: Message edited by: buckthesystem ]

Despite rumours to the contrary, Prime is not the most numerous fleet, by any stretch. That honour goes to Orion.

What Prime fleet does have, though, is variety. If you're not sure what you'd like, consider Prime Fleet. We've got 4 stations to choose from as starting locations, plus opportunities in the 1st Orbital Marine Battalion, the 1st Space Marine Battalion, and a fledgling Logistics Wing, which would be responsible for cargo operations within Prime.

Because we've got so much ground to cover, we're always in need of commanders to fill our ranks. Squadron members can pilot the cruiser of their choice, while squadron leaders and above can pilot carriers, if they so choose.

So, if you're interested in doing everything that BCM is capable of, consider Prime Fleet. Interested individuals can contact Prime's Personnel Officer, Remo Williams, at [email protected] or myself at [email protected]

[ 11-26-2001: Message edited by: Badgerius ]

To heck with the lemmings and the Bunnies, come join the BIG dogs!!

We are looking for a few good commanders, that

A: want to have fun

B: be a part of the MOST technically advanced race in the galaxy

and C: Like to be REAL, REAL bad!! Don't like to be nice and sweet, worried about your Rep, well forget about it. Come join the Gammulan Military and kick anyones behind, anytime you feel like it, and take over whatever you wish,(witin Reason )

Come and be BAD!! Join the Gammulans!!

Yes, join the Gammulan military! They let you do what you want, when you want. They dont believe in order and discipline, heck, they may even let you attack fellow Gammulans because - shucks - they are so laid back and easy going nobody is going to care whatsoever what goes on.

On the other hand, if you take you're BC playing seriously, then you need to be a part of a serious fleet.

Orion is serious. You wont find us galavanting accross the galaxy doing what we want, when we want it. You wont get a pat on the back for every innocent you burn under your IOD. Hell, you wont even be w00ting and cheering for every n00b you dis with your bad ass MK3's n Megaron Carriers.

Why?

Because in the Orion fleet, you behave a certain way. You conduct yourselves to the highest standard. You train to become the very best in the game. Whether you like it or not. And yes, you will like it.

Orion doesnt take casual gamers. We dont like hot doggers and show offs. We like well disciplined, ordered and commited players. If you like the sound of that, then you are welcome to prove to us that you are worthy of this fleet. If you're not, well, there are other fleets out there that will take you regardless.

You want a challenge? You want to be part of somthing special? You want to be respected by your peers and feared by your foes? Step up to Orion. Make a difference ... if you're up to it.

And no, not everyone is ...

Oh yes, the elite Orion fleet, a cog in the machine. Do what you're told, when you're told, no questions. Be a good little robot.

Gammulans: We will give you general instructions, "go play in the syrion sector", or "go take over that sector of space" if you need help, give a yell. Have a suggestion, let us have it and we'll see if we can fit it into the general plan of approach.

If the War Council decides that we are indeed going for a major offensive, then you will be expected to join in, otherwise, go out, have fun, enjoy the game. Get rich, trade, take over starstations, do ground ops, shoot up whatever red ships come into your zone. Add up those EP's, get those credits, upgrade your CC, increase the AI of your crew. BUT......

MOST OF ALL!!

HAVE FUN!!!!

You don't want to have fun, well, then don't join the Gammulans!!

Okay, I think everyone's now tried to recruit him. The games gold and everyone is still picking the flesh of the newbies *grin*.

Oh well, I don't care which fleet you join as long as its galcom... if not, PREPARE FOR OBLIVIONS EMBRACE!!!

[RP]

Hey Jaguar, do we still have that appointment in the Syrion quadrant... *chuckles* or have you got cold feet? I'm looking forward to reducing you to a wimpering heap. I KNOW HOW TO HAVE FUN! *Laughs meniacally*

[/RP]

quote:

Originally posted by Barron Morris:

Hello...just got forum aproval...I have a question..I signed up in the fleet data base..several months ago as an explorer.(before I realized the limitations on assests ( mainly ships and fire power)....any way game should be here any day now...and I was wondering...is there any way to change your caste once your already in the dats base...I want to go military...either Insurgent..or ISS.

Actually, don't send email to CAT (there's too much in that box already). Just tell me what race/caste you want to be and I'll go and change it.

Forget these guys....don't you want to be your own boss? Don't you want to rule the galaxy instead of serving the military? Join Intercorp and you will be the 1337. If you have any questions just PM me.

p.s. I can't let all you military folks have all the fun.

Cheers all,

I am new as well and would like to consider joining a fleet, however, can some of you vets give me an idea on how much time I will be required to commit to a fleet In the run of a week. I run my own business, have a young daughter and don't want to commit to any one fleet if I cant be an effective contributing member. In the alternative I will of course have to be an independant.

Also I am located in the East Coast of Canada and was wondering if this would conflict greatly with fleet meeting times.

Thanks in advance for your replies.