Getting into a fleet

Prime's spread out from Europe to BC, so I wouldn't worry about time zones.

As for participation, as long as you post from time to time, and are interested in contributing to Multiplayer when you do have time, you're welcome in Prime. I know other fleets have more stringent rules for participation, but I'll let them comment on their own rules.

[ 11-27-2001: Message edited by: Badgerius ]

Barron - if Aramike's too busy, just drop me a line at [email protected]. I can change you over. To the ISS fleet, if you'd like...*grin*. Check out http://issfleet.iwarp.com for more infor about the fleet, if you like the sound of it - let me know.

And Oban - the Intelligence Command section of the ISS fleet requires no more time than to write a few lines of fiction each month for our ISS Log Files. See the above site for more info.

-GD

Oban... I can't really say about your commitment, as I don't know how often you could play... but if you are interested, Orion has divided it's BG commanders depending on their timezones so more people can be online and kicking ass together. Currently, the Sark Battlegroup covers the east coast, and even if orion if the biggest fleet, we are in dire need of commanders, since our ships are spreaded to many, many sectors. The SBG itself has the 3 sectors of Tau Ceti to protect with the help of the ISS Destrier battle group.

Of course, we also need marines and fighter pilots, if you are not heading for the commander career.

quote:

Originally posted by Oban:

Cheers all,

I am new as well and would like to consider joining a fleet, however, can some of you vets give me an idea on how much time I will be required to commit to a fleet In the run of a week. I run my own business, have a young daughter and don't want to commit to any one fleet if I cant be an effective contributing member. In the alternative I will of course have to be an independant.

Also I am located in the East Coast of Canada and was wondering if this would conflict greatly with fleet meeting times.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Wraith Wing (in the Wraith Fleet) is specifically for Wraith Fleet members who just don't have enough time on their hands to jump into a full time position as it were. Contact myself (see my sig) or Tac for more information about Wraith if you're interested.

Not quite sure where to post this...hope this is fine...Ive been reading the forum all day every day for a while now...here are a few questions maybe someone can clear up

Are the Gammulans an official fleet?

Are there ships that go with races that follow the role play and game story line...like what kind of ship would a Valkerie be flying?

Also...it says in the fleet section

that anyone may form a caste or race squadron that is non fleet related...so I could form up a squadron with a carier a few crusier and a transport or two with with no special permision?

I just put in my order yesterday for the game...orderd 1 day air...hope it gets here soon..cant wait to see that map and read that manual...hope it gets here before this weekend

As long as it isn't the Military Case, then you can put any group you want together. Several such groups already exist. You can read up on them in the Misc Race/Caste Affiliations sections of the board.

However, it takes special permission to become an official "Fleet" Talk to the Gammulans, since they just became one, for more details on that. That's also why they don't have a section on the board, since they're brand new.

So what your saying is not anyone can form a squadron....im undesignated millitary...so that meens I can not form an independent squadron of my race?...no biggie...just curious..im sure the Gammulans would allow the me to join them..just thought it would be fun to get my local friends together convince them to buy BCM then make our on page and group and stuff...even if it was just squadron of another fleet...or an independent space based squadron with no allocated structures or assests in multiplayer of course

[ 11-28-2001: Message edited by: Barron Morris ]

[ 11-28-2001: Message edited by: Barron Morris ]

"Wraith Wing (in the Wraith Fleet) is specifically for Wraith Fleet members who just don't have enough time on their hands to jump into a full time position as it were. Contact myself (see my sig) or Tac for more information about Wraith if you're interested"

Bah, just have them read the Fleet Charter, they will know what they need to know from there.