Fleet Forum Privacy

I have only just arrived and joined the insurgency, but have noticed an incredible number of posts by people outside of that particualr fleet. Perhaps the forums should be password protected, or if everyone could be kind enough to remain in their respective rooms, then this issue need not be brought up in the first place. Then what really bugs me is they defend themselves by saying that if we wanted it secret we shouldn'tpost it here, but isn't that the entire purpose of the fleet forums, or do I just have the entire concept wrong?

Just a thought...

The topics say "Reserved for use by" whichever fleet. Doesn't mean others can't read it. We decided long ago not to post tactics and stuff. It's good for morale to answer roll calls and other things though.

However, we do have our own board. Aramike set it up. I thinks it's up to about twenty tumbleweeds now becasue it doesn't get used much. It's not really secret either.

I really don't mind the occasional pop in. But then everyone starts popping in and that disrupts threads. So now we are back to square one so it's better not to do it.

quote:

Originally posted by Charles Lindsey:

The topics say "Reserved for use by" whichever fleet. Doesn't mean others can't read it. We decided long ago not to post tactics and stuff. It's good for morale to answer roll calls and other things though.

However, we do have our own board. Aramike set it up. I thinks it's up to about twenty tumbleweeds now becasue it doesn't get used much. It's not really secret either.

I really don't mind the occasional pop in. But then everyone starts popping in and that disrupts threads. So now we are back to square one so it's better not to do it.

Yep! You can find that board using Gum's page on the main fleets page of this site. There's a private forum in there that's password-protected (oh man, I just realized that I've forgotten the password). In any case, I assume that once MP gets rolling, that place will be getting an awful lot of use (once I get those passwords, hehehe).

And dont forget, there is a special forum at the Orion site just for you Insurgent reprobates and you're evil doer ilk, moderated by Captain Blowhorn himself and not subject to modification by any of the Orion Fleet staff. We encourage everyone to register to the forum to look in wonder at our activities or blow smoke up our asses when you're feeling a little inadequate.

You can do that at http://www.orion.i8i.co.uk/forum/ - day or night, you're more than welcome.