Ready for Duty! Please Read...

Reporting for Duty Sirs!!!

Hello...

I would like to get in on some fleet action! My Commander skills are already impressive and continue to grow with each day I play. Because of this, I would ideally like to play as commander with an asset. My prefered ship of choice is a super carrier... the Aestrom or the Firestorm... my current ships name is the Trafalgar. However, as a former U.S. Marine, the role of Marine also appeals to me... just give me some men to command into battle!

If there are any fleets that are currently in need of personel, please contact me!

Semper Fi!

Ok... just registered with the Fleet DB. I selected Prime Fleet only because I'm not sure what else to do. As I learn more and get more info. I will be able to make a more informed decision. Although ISS sounds cool, I'm not sure if I wanted to play a defensive role... after all, I was a Marine!

Thanks!

Urza, you do not know what resources will be allotted to each fleet in MP. Dont misinform the newbloods please

Welcome to the game Scipio. Check the fleet description and visit their websites, read their charters and organizational structures. Many fleets (if not all by now) have ground forces already set up.. and awaiting members.

Above all : Worship the Game

Greetings All,

I too am in search of a home in the Fleets. I had about 39 hours into the game when RC5 ended my run. I felt as if I was sending my crew to the headsman in the name of progress..lol..Don't think a game has ever evoked that type of emotion in me before. Starting anew, my trepidition eased as I entered tactical to find them still there(especially that FINE A$$ Nightwing).Not quite as bright but there nonetheless..lol...I'm commanding the GCV-STORMDRAGON a Firestorm class Ship and while I can't say I've mastered everything yet, I have aquired some proficiency. I Also am Ex-Military. U.S. Army,Infantry...The Queen of Battle !!

If anyone can offer some guidance or Advice for Picking a Fleet it would be greatly appreciated.

Other opportunities out there??? Yes sir there are. EarthCom is looking for a few good men. When you think of EarthCom most people think "EarthCom, Protect Earth". Yes that is our job but we do more then that. We Protect commercial and domestic shipping routes. Pursue and apprehend all U.F.N. declared criminals (GalCom Commanders gone bad for example). We also have the Omega Battle Group (SCID). This Wing leaves Sol on special missions . With the status of our Ranks right now, there are some prime spots open. I can't make any promises but it would be worth the time to take a look at what we have to offer.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Scipio:

Ok... just registered with the Fleet DB. I selected Prime Fleet only because I'm not sure what else to do. As I learn more and get more info. I will be able to make a more informed decision. Although ISS sounds cool, I'm not sure if I wanted to play a defensive role... after all, I was a Marine!

Thanks!

Wise choice we need personnel in the 1st Orbital Marine Battalion if your interested. If not and you would like a career as a Commander Epsilon Wing could use another good man. Epsilon is stationed at Velari one of our front line Star stations. Its located near the Terran/Credian border so their sure to see alot of action.

quote:

Greetings All,

I too am in search of a home in the Fleets.

Prime has plenty of positions availible. If your interested in doing a little of everything there is to do in BCM then Primes the ticket.

[ 12-07-2001: Message edited by: Remo Williams ]

quote:

However, as a former U.S. Marine, the role of Marine also appeals to me... just give me some men to command into battle!

Whoops!! Should've known that. I think I just made the wrong remark ending my reply to his email. I hope he saw that . Ahh well, he'll notice BCM marine intellect soon enough.

quote:

Originally posted by Scipio:

Please register again with the Fleet DB. Cannot find you in there.

quote:

Originally posted by Stormshadow:

I'm commanding the GCV-STORMDRAGON a Firestorm class Ship and while I can't say I've mastered everything yet, I have aquired some proficiency. I Also am Ex-Military. U.S. Army,Infantry...The Queen of Battle !!

If anyone can offer some guidance or Advice for Picking a Fleet it would be greatly appreciated.

Check the Fleets FAQ, and look into some of the sites, usually linked in the signatures. After that, choose wisely!

Best regards.

[ 12-07-2001: Message edited by: Thomas Siemens ]

Stormshadow, welcome aboard.

I think that Firestorm you're so used to playing with won't be following you in Multiplayer. If you join a Fleet, you can only have a Super Carrier if you're high ranking.... If you don't join a fleet, and choose a non-military caste, then you won't get a Super Carrier as an option.

But I do tell you. If you want action, head to Orion. On the edge of humanity (much like Wraith Fleet), we defend Sol from our location at Alpha Centauri. The Insurgent super-station, New America is also nearby, and we just might plan on taking action on it one of these days. It may be something to remember.

Anyway, like Thomas said. Each fleet has a specialty. So if you like the heavy-combat, join Orion. We're going to have the last laugh in multiplayer. Just remember that the we (and all fleets) do more than just our specialty. We've got lots of opportunities to make yourself known in the BC Online world. I'd like you to just imagine yourself being at your full potential.

Even though I can't choose for you, I'd just like you to consider Orion. We take only the best of the best. So if you have what it takes, then by all means do it.

Be seeing you.

quote:

Originally posted by Charles Lindsey:

Why?

LMAO!

quote:

Originally posted by Thomas Siemens:

Check the
, and look into some of the sites, usually linked in the signatures. After that, choose wisely!

Why not try something new? That old document (Fleets FAQ) is over a year old.... I've created one of my own, that appears to give the newblood a better view of the fleets as a whole. I speak in regular everyday terms, to get the n00bs to understand what a fleet does, to help them choose. I've even included the newer indie groups, Intercorp Unlimited and the (not yet confirmed) Terran Core Systems Police, and also updated information on the various wings and battle groups of the fleets (including the new ISS ones). It's great overall... It's just WIP.

Orion Fleet RP Source | New Recruit Info Page

(Yes, it's the same link that goes under "Newbie Welcome Wagon", in my sig.)

Hm... WIP... Speaking of which, I just might get around to finishing the Orion Fleet Handbook, sprucing around the RP Source site, and finishing up that New Recruit page this weekend.....

[ 12-08-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]