Multiple AE's

Since the Gammulan recruitment thread turned into a whining thread, I have moved all the posts to here.

Please whine here, stay out of the Gammulan recruitment thread unless you have questions about the Gammulans or wish to join up.

Thank you

[ 03-21-2002, 23:49: Message edited by: Jaguar ]

quote:

The nice thing about the Gammulans is the fact that you can have a 2nd AE that is a gammulan. So play defense with one AE, as in play it safe and be a galcommie, earthcommie or one of those other weaker races and castes, and then when you feel like being just plain evil, play your other AE, the gammulan one, with the stormcarrier or whatever ship you wish to use, and attack, attack, attack, and then attack and conquer some more.

Note : don't expect your "lower race/caste" friends to show too much respect with you, share secrets and give you promotions.

Excuse me, but this is a Gammulan recruitment thread, not an Orion recruitment thread or any other fleet recruitment thread. If you want a recruitment thread, START YOUR OWN!!

Thank you

quote:

Originally posted by EP-5

Note : don't expect your "lower race/caste" friends to show too much respect with you, share secrets and give you promotions.

Indeed, and expect to be given some patrol sector, or some DEFENSE perimeter to guard, as a Bunnie, you CANNOT attack and take over worlds or ships unless they attack you first. You Must follow thier directions at ALL times, expect to be told where to patrol, what to patrol for, and be on defense at ALL times.

With the Gammulans, you can attack pretty much whatever you want, take over pretty much whatever you want, and go out and play, trade, take over areas, whatever, but, if we need you, then you will be expected to come and take orders. Otherwise, go out and have fun. If you are part of the patrol fleet, we will give you a huge area, that you will be responsible for, lots of opportunity to trade, attack etc. If you part of the Diplomacy fleet, go WHEREVER you want, but be able to get where we need you in a reasonable amount of time, if we decide to take over a target with a massed attack.

That's all, which sounds freer? which sounds like you can do what you want, when you want, where you want with the least amount of interference from the chain of command? Do you really think that promotion means something, or is it just more responsibility and boring deskwork?

You decide, do what you want, or take orders from some far off commander that tells you when,where, and how, ALL THE TIME....

I know what I have chosen, and I gave up my Bunny AE because I would have been doing exactly that, there's a WHOLE galaxy out there, not just ONE little sector.

We don't just see the Universe, we CONQUER it!!

[ 03-21-2002, 13:41: Message edited by: Jaguar ]

Thanks Grayfox, but have never been a military recruiter!!

Now, for instance of a Gammulan, let's take Outlaw. He is a Gammulan, he is a mercenary, he does whatever he wants, whenever he wants. He is NOT in the Gammulan Chain of Command.

BUT, if he gets into trouble, the entire Gammulan empire will back him. If that happens though, we expect a discount on his services, a LARGE discount. Those ships aren't free, but the fact is, he is a Gammulan, and therefore we will back him. So, say that Outlaw is in a Terran sector and gets some Galcommie PO'd, he screams for help and runs for the nearest neutral sector. We will meet him there with reinforcements, and if his pursuer doesn't break off like a smart commander, then we will destroy him if necessary.

Point is that Outlaw is free to have a ball, but will have backup if necessary, he's his own man, after all he chose to be a mercenary, but he is Gammulan, therefore we will back him up, militarily if that is what is called for.

One for all and all for one.

We don't just see the universe, we CONQUER it!!

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

This is a game, not real life. Of course in real life you could not fight for both the Taliban and the US army, but in this game you can by have multiple AEs. Everquest, Ultima Online, etc allow people to have multiple characters. Bacically, same idea here.

[ 03-21-2002, 20:22: Message edited by: LordDavid ]

quote:

Originally posted by LordDavid:

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

This is a game, not real life. Of course in real life you could not fight for both the Taliban and the US army, but in this game you can by have multiple AEs. Everquest, Ultima Online, etc allow people to have multiple characters. Bacically, same idea here.

Alright, I forgot the rp tags, but personally I don't like the idea of having 2 AE's fighting on each side of the battle front. I have nothing against being Gammulan, I have something about Being a Gammulan AND a Terran/Empirian

quote:

Originally posted by EP5

Alright, I forgot the rp tags, but personally I don't like the idea of having 2 AE's fighting on each side of the battle front. I have nothing against being Gammulan, I have something about Being a Gammulan AND a Terran/Empirian

WAH!! Sorry, but cry me a river. If a person is a lowly commander in a little side wing somewhere, locked into a defensive position, like Mars or something, then why shouldn't they have a 2nd AE to actually have fun with, instead of being stuck in some sector somewhere on patrol duty?

They should be able to do both, it keeps the Galcom wings at full strength because there is no reason for them to resign in order to find a wing where they can have fun. Stay in the wing and help defend some sector somewhere for Galcom, and have the 2nd AE as a Gammulan to go out and raise some hell and have fun with. I think it is advantageous to both Galocom, the Gammulans and of course the commander that chooses to have 2 AE's.

Sure, he may not get a lot of secret info, but he probably wouldn't anyway, he's a cog in the machine, with the 2nd Gammulan AE he has both and can do both. Galcom keeps a commander for that great defense duty, and the Gammulans gets a commander who wants to really have fun. Best of both worlds, sounds like a plan to me.

quote:

WAH!! Sorry, but cry me a river. If a person is a lowly commander in a little side wing somewhere, locked into a defensive position, like Mars or something, then why shouldn't they have a 2nd AE to actually have fun with, instead of being stuck in some sector somewhere on patrol duty?

Oh right. I'm sure all Galcom fleet have nothing in mind but patrolling sectors. I joined Orion because they're ways of patrolling were far superior. Come on....