GALCOM's Marine Battalions

Guest Remo Williams

Guest Remo Williams

Just to refresh my memory how many marine battalions are there within GALCOM? Also what are their names and HQ locations?

I know Prime has two marine battalions. The 1st Orbital Marines stationed primarily at Starbase Earth and the 1st Space Marine Battalion station at GHQ.

Since Prime is the general operations fleet and the backbone of GALCOM's forces. Its a little confusing as to how 1 orbital battalion is to man the hundreds and hundreds of Terran military bases spread out through the Terran quadrant in game. My question is are all these Terran military bases manned by Prime Fleet marines or EARTHCOM marines?

quote:

Originally posted by Commander Elio Jason:

don't forget about Genesis which is on the Moon.

i think Iss, Orion, and Wraith all have marine battalions as well. i'm not sure how active they are though.

Player wise I think we have one active marine. not sure about marine dispersement though

I would think if SC can sell BCM Gold in all kinds of stores this time then the marine base would increase a lot. The entire player base would increase a lot I just hope they are smart enough to come join the forum.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Serondal:

I would think if SC can sell BCM Gold in all kinds of stores this time then the marine base would increase a lot. The entire player base would increase a lot I just hope they are smart enough to come join the forum.

I'm sure it will with MP. I'm not really interested in who is active in the different marine battalions though. I was just wondering which marine battalion was attached to which fleet? How many there are and their names? I guess I'll have to dig through old threads and research it a bit. I'll post the result of my search when I'm done.

Just out of curiousity how many Insurgent marine battalions are out there for people to join?

Don't want to forget the Gammulans. Do you guys have any marine battalions yet for people to join?

Guest Remo Williams

Well after doing a search here on the forum I came up with one post by our very own SC concerning marine battalions. Here is a quote from his post.

quote:

1st SMB / 1st OMB - Prime Fleet

9th SMB / 4th OMB - EarthCOM Fleet

15th SMB / 7th OMB - Orion Fleet

14th SMB / 9th OMB - ISS Fleet

You can read the entire post here.

One thing I noticed in the post though that's changed is that the OMB are the ground pounders now and the SMB are the ones that suit up into a space suit and exit Star Stations. Thats what I was told anyway by SC when I sent him a PM a few months back.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

The Orion fleet had only 1 marine bataillion so far, the 22nd Interplanetary marine bataillion (IMB), grayfox and JJ are the active members of that group, JJ being the leader. They are ground based.

Thanks for the info. All I had was SC post to go by and it is a bit dated.

I thought all the space marine/orbital marine denominations had been dropped at the time SC turned the marine units into Mobile Infantry, Elite Marines and the such.

As far as Wraith is concerned anyway, we have 4 batallions "planned", though only the AI ones are "active", the player batallions wont be activated until we actually get players to man them...BC MMPOG where art thou?

For roleplaying sakes ill give them a denomination, if the SC dissaproves he can throw Emmet outta the airlock *g*.

41st MI (AI) / 08th MI (player)

10th EM (AI) / 82nd EM (player)

The (AI) batallions are basically those marines/inf found in ships and starbases that each ship/base commander has at his disposal. 41st MI is based on starbases for defense, 10th EM is based on player ships and Wraith HQ. 08th MI (player) and 82nd EM (player) are SpecOps forces based on Mars, where they train and launch from (in transports).

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

I thought all the space marine/orbital marine denominations had been dropped at the time SC turned the marine units into Mobile Infantry, Elite Marines and the such.

Hmmm, Thats news to me. Since he approved our marine battalion logos as 1st OMB and 1st SMB I don't think its changed.

Prime's battalions are broken down into companies then squads. The 1st OMB has five companies three EF companies and two MI. Each company has five squads of ten marines.

The 1st SMB has five companies also. Consisting of three Space marine companies, one EF company, and one MI. The 1st SMB are the ones that occupy our ships and Star Stations. The 1st OMB are the ground pounders.

quote:

As far as Wraith is concerned anyway, we have 4 batallions "planned", though only the AI ones are "active", the player batallions wont be activated until we actually get players to man them...BC MMPOG where art thou?

Looks like I should activate a few AI Battalions then for RP to cover some of the many Terran military bases in our quadrant.

"Hmmm, Thats news to me. Since he approved our marine battalion logos as 1st OMB and 1st SMB I don't think its changed."

Well.. refresh me memory..that happened before or after the MI and EM's were introduced into the game?

I dont know, i have a terrible memory and an even worse sense of time. I was born stoned or something.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Tac:

"Hmmm, Thats news to me. Since he approved our marine battalion logos as 1st OMB and 1st SMB I don't think its changed."

Well.. refresh me memory..that happened before or after the MI and EM's were introduced into the game?

The logos were approved last month.

quote:

I dont know, i have a terrible memory and an even worse sense of time. I was born stoned or something.

Heh, your not alone my memory is terrible lately.

quote:

Originally posted by Emmett.hendrick:

quote:

u rather he throw me?

sheesh, the nerve!

Yes of course you are right

For the good of the fleet I'll be in the airlock!

*Salutes and heads towards the airlock

no need to send Emmit.

jsut send Resnig. he is bound to that thing anyway

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

ah, just 1 month? heh no wonder. I cant remember what i did last week. Im sure it involved breathing or something. oh well

Heh, Well I'm not that bad yet!

There are new marine classes coming soon also with the release of BCG. I'll probably integrate them into our existing structure at the squad level. That way each squad will have a medic. Then we'll create new squads of Recon, Assault, and engineer marines. Not really sure how it will work yet.