How do I join a Fleet?

Guest JuanFermin

Ahh... Finally.

*takes deep breath*

Well, search around for the fleet you want. I made a HUGE file for newbies a LONG time ago (like a year and a half) that should suit your information needs right now. (Not much has changed recently.)

See here.

Download links may be invalid in there, but hey, that's what you get for not updating a file since November 2001. And yes, FleetDB is off-line.

The fleet organisation information shouldn't be too far off from current data.

-----

And yes, Orion Fleet is still looking for a few good commanders.

If you're looking to join a strong fleet and be a part of GalCOM's heavy strike force, look no further than Orion Fleet, based in the Centris starsystem.

Post on the Orion Forum here, or the Official Orion Forum (sometimes down) if interested.

Fleet Executive Officer Greg "GMAN" Miller, I think, is keeping tabs on the fleet roster right now. So if you do decide to join up, give him a ring.

-----

All you basically have to do, for the time being, is get the green light from the Fleet Leader to join the fleet, let them handle the administrative processes, assign you to academy or a certain wing/battle group, modify your sig to that fleet's standard, and then you're more or less in.

And if you're looking for the prime of the prime then Prime fleet's for you!

Here's a link to the Prime forum and here you can get acquainted with the fleet and JOIN in the FUN

Sheesh it's like putting a hunk of meat in a pirhana filled river.

Get ready for laurels and dead chickens sacrificed at your feet.

Consider Insurgents. Fighting to free the Earth from the grip of the UFN.

Why join those savages the Gammulens and those Traitors/civiy killers the Insurgents when you can get high pay, more fun, and excitement by joining Prime Fleet

Eh, Freedom Fighter, traitor. Depends on who's talking and who ya beleive. However Civilian targets are off limits. At least to the human players. I have no idea how the AI Insurgents act if you are playing as Galcom.

Guest MIKE113

Feel free to stop in at the Alpha Wing bar over at Prime Fleet and sip some Beers, eat some Chili Nuts, and warm your feet by the Gammy fire and we'll talk about your future!

Guest JuanFermin

MAN!!!!

You guys have given me a lot to think about. Is anyone considering putting up a server for multiplayer? ... If so how would we split the costs?

Fleets would run on the invitation-only Official Fleet server, that Derek runs. Unless he's changed the Fleet server plan. (I've been inactive for a few months, but I've been reading up. I might've missed something.)

Orion Fleet had our orionfleet.com domain first, and we had our own site set up nicely, until recently. (Domain went expired.)

Prime's got a pretty nice place, as well.

The propaganda's a waste of space. Find what you want to do. Find some people that you'd like to fight alongside. It'd be better if you found yourself with a good team, rather than being the "ugly stepchild" of a group. I find that I fit in more as an indie or outskirt GalCOM person, than in other groups; so I picked my path.

Activity isn't very important until MP comes out. (I've been asked this a couple times.) Just report in as normally as your fleet wants.

Be what you want to be.

And yeah, Orion's always got open arms. And we've got some nice stuff coming up right around when MP comes out.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Fleets would run on the invitation-only Official Fleet server, that Derek runs. Unless he's changed the Fleet server plan. (I've been inactive for a few months, but I've been reading up. I might've missed something.)

Derek spoke a little here about fleets setting up their own servers.

I'm planning on renting one for Prime Fleet down the road. Prime Fleet members can help pay for it if they like by donation. There is not going to be any manditory payment.

i thnk you have more than a fleet choice, but an allegiance choice.

i guess u know who the insurgents are...join us...then we'll you can go from there.

in Balor fleet i am at Sygan, i am close to earth so i can eliminate the evil galcommies.

single handedly if i have to in my lone wee lil cruiser.

• 3 weeks later...