New Fleet DB

SC, does this mean that I just handed you a silver bullet? Hope not anyway. BTW, there's no selection available for Insurgent Fleet, but you knew that. (ducks and covers)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Rattler:

SC, does this mean that I just handed you a silver bullet? Hope not anyway. BTW, there's no selection available for Insurgent Fleet, but you knew that. (ducks and covers)

uhm, wot?

Anyway, I've added the known Insurgent fleets

Also note that fleets can now be part of other fleets, in the same way wings are parts of fleets. e.g. the 15th Space Marine Battalion fleet is part of Prime Fleet. So, in this manner, several fleet smaller fleet divisions (e.g. one consisting of purely pilots or marines etc) can be part of a much larger fleet.

And speaking of which, if we can't locate the fleet leaders of the previous fleets, volunteers are welcome to have leadership of those fleets. e.g. I have no idea what happened to the 15th Space Marine Battalion leaders.

[ 08-04-2003, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

uhm, wot?

Is this questioning my message or questioning the report of no Insurgent Fleet elections during registration. If this is the case, you may elect Terran Insurgent, but must elect a Galcom Fleet. That's what I was trying to say "Boss".

Yes Sir! I had to register with Baylor Fleet though. Gallion must have been a little slow with Spectre Fleet. He'll get it sorted out soon enough though. He always does, with your help!

Good to be back!

quote:

Yes Sir! I had to register with Baylor Fleet though. Gallion must have been a little slow with Spectre Fleet. He'll get it sorted out soon enough though. He always does, with your help!

Good to be back!

I have approved you with level 3 access. You should be able to create that fleet yourself now - and then manually move yourself to it. If not, let me know.

Thanks Again SC. Tried creating new fleet in Insurgent Alliance and got the old "Access Denied" screen. Does it take level 4 to get this?

With All Due Respect {Salute}

I'm trying to register, however it it giving me the following error.

"Error registering: Duplicate entry 'Eclipse' for key 3"

amd if I try to login I get this message:

"user 'Eclipse' not found!"

Hello Eclipse. Good to hear from you again. I believe that you were a Station Commander, correct? The SC has opened it up for Fleet Leaders at this time if I read the thread correctly. That could be the problem. Maybe not, I have been wrong before. Let's give him some time to sort this out and then we can charge him in mass.

quote:

Hello Eclipse. Good to hear from you again. I believe that you were a Station Commander, correct? The SC has opened it up for Fleet Leaders at this time if I read the thread correctly. That could be the problem. Maybe not, I have been wrong before. Let's give him some time to sort this out and then we can charge him in mass.

I just reread wht SC wrote, Acknowledged.

quote:

That could be the problem. Maybe not, I have been wrong before. Let's give him some time to sort this out and then we can charge him in mass.

Thats not what the problem is. The old DB was flushed (I asked Voltaic, who took over from the now AWOL Justin, to do that) and there are no records in it - except for the recent FL ones. So, this could be a problem in the DB as I see no user with the name Eclipse in it. I've sent him email and asked him to look into it.

And yes, the VERY NEXT twit who is not a fleet leader and hits that button, is never, ever, going to be in any fleet. Period. I've just had to go in and deny a whole bunch of gits-who-can't-read who keep registering.

quote:

Thanks Again SC. Tried creating new fleet in Insurgent Alliance and got the old "Access Denied" screen. Does it take level 4 to get this?

Depending on what you are trying to do, you might need level 4 access in order to manipulate the alliances. At this time, only Voltaic and I have level 4 access.

With this new DB, all new fleet/corp etc creations which are propagated from the top level alliance tree, are to be done by myself or someone else with level 4 access. I'm not giving out level 4 access to FL at this time. So, all petitions for new fleets should be posted here.

Security Levels

quote:

- Level 0 (normal user): can only edit own profile

- Level 1 (wing leader): can commission commanders/ships in his wing

- Level 2 (fleet leader): can commission commanders/ships in his fleet and

create/edit/remove wings

- Level 3 (alliance leader): has the priviledges of security level 2, and

can create/edit/remove fleets within his alliance

- Level 4 (superuser): has all the priviledges of the other security levels

combined, plus can edit any individual profiles

Rattler, Voltaic tells me that the level 3 problem is now fixed and you should be able to manipulate wings etc.

Eclipse your reg was in the DB and needed to be approved before you can access the DB. I have now deleted it (because you are not an FL and should not have registered). There seems to be some caching issue going on with Opera7 because when I checked earlier, your name wasn't even in the new recruits list.

[ 08-05-2003, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Rattler, Voltaic tells me that the level 3 problem is now fixed and you should be able to manipulate wings etc.

Eclipse your reg was in the DB and needed to be approved before you can access the DB. I have now deleted it (because you are not an FL and should not have registered). There seems to be some caching issue going on with Opera7 because when I checked earlier, your name wasn't even in the new recruits list.

ok, Thanks.

Derek, since I don't have permission, would you mind changing my alliance from Terran [Military] to Gammulan [Military]? Its quite odd and uncomfortable being a Gammulan Fleet Leader with the Alliance of Terran Millitary!

Roger Boss, I have created Spectre Fleet (Gallion's Gang) however, I can not edit my own profile to move me to Spectre Fleet. Need Admin help for that. Additionally, I do not have access to all the Insurgent Fleets to check for and approve the Fleet Commanders attempting to Register. Shohashi is trying to register in Bishamon Fleet however, it's not showing up. I had him try it again with the same results. If there's someone to take the flack over this, make it Rattler, Boss! I'll shoulder the blame. He is the Fleet Commander of Bishamon Fleet.

(Salute)

[ 08-05-2003, 08:22 PM: Message edited by: Rattler ]

There seems to be a problem with the permissions associated with Level 3 Admin SC.

Rattler should be able to edit all records associated with Insurgent Fleets but can only edit records of the Fleet he his assigned to.

I moved him from Balor Fleet to Spectre Fleet and he could edit Spectre Fleet db but no longer had write access to Balor Fleet db records.

TTFN

quote:

Originally posted by LordDavid:

Derek, since I don't have permission, would you mind changing my alliance from Terran [Military] to Gammulan [Military]? Its quite odd and uncomfortable being a Gammulan Fleet Leader with the Alliance of Terran Millitary!

Ask Gallion. He has Level 4 access

quote:

Originally posted by Gallion:

There seems to be a problem with the permissions associated with Level 3 Admin SC.

Rattler should be able to edit all records associated with Insurgent Fleets but can only edit records of the Fleet he his assigned to.

I moved him from Balor Fleet to Spectre Fleet and he could edit Spectre Fleet db but no longer had write access to Balor Fleet db records.

TTFN

OK, will let Voltaic know right now

quote:

Originally posted by LordDavid:

Send me a Fleet structure for the Gammulan Military and I'll make the appropiate changes in the Fleet DB LD

Diplomacy and ?????

Once the Fleets have been added, you can be changed from Ter/Mil Prime Fleet to Gam/Mil ?????? fleet.

TTFN

quote:

Also note that fleets can now be part of other fleets, in the same way wings are parts of fleets. e.g. the 15th Space Marine Battalion fleet is part of Prime Fleet. So, in this manner, several fleet smaller fleet divisions (e.g. one consisting of purely pilots or marines etc) can be part of a much larger fleet.

Derek, I went for a search on the origins of those Marine Battalions, and found this:

quote:

we are integrating
15th Space Marine Battalion
and
7th Orbital Marine Battalion
into the Orion Fleet structure.

Don't forget that SMB are the guys running around on the planet surface, driving ATVs etc. The OMB are the guys stationed in cruisers and carriers and who, sometimes get to go out in space in jetpaks.

We therefore need to create the following new battalions and re-assignments

quote:

1st SMB / 1st OMB - Prime Fleet

9th SMB / 4th OMB - EarthCOM Fleet

15th SMB / 7th OMB - Orion Fleet

14th SMB / 9th OMB - ISS Fleet

Thus, I have created two wings called 1st OMB, and 1st SMB within Prime Fleet. IIRC, Rattler was the only other "Alliance Leader" beside you. Well, LordDavid as chief of the Gammulans would be one, too. But is there some need for those Marine Battalions to be Fleets?

Best regards

Guest Remo Williams

Indeed though it is a bit dated that's the same post I went by when I restructured Prime's wings and battalions recently. As I was discussing here though it seemed prime was missing a few marine battalions or divisions to accommodate all the different careers and Starbases. Unless all the terran military bases that are not occupied by one of the specialized fleets thru out the universe belong to Earth Command. In which case prime wouldn't need the extra battalions.

[ 08-10-2003, 07:55 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Originally posted by Gudihl:

But is there some need for those Marine Battalions to be Fleets?

I'm not sure I understand the question.

And the reason they should be within a fleet structure (like a wing) is because they should be part of a fleet command structure i.e. they are not on their own. Don't go assuming that the use of the word fleet just implies ships. It does not - and never did. In modern day warfare, how do, e.g. SEALS get to a strike zone? They don't have their own specific transports so they are usually deployed using any available military transport i.e. eigther by the marines, army, navy (e.g. via subs), even the CIA. Thats the idea.

I have now removed the 7th and 15th from the top-level structure. If they are not obsolete, you folks can add them directly to the fleets to which they belong (in the same way you added those to the Prime fleet command structure).

quote:

Originally posted by Remo Williams:

Indeed though it is a bit dated that's the same post I went by when I restructured Prime's wings and battalions recently. As I was discussing
here though
it seemed prime was missing a few marine battalions or divisions to accommodate all the different careers and Starbases. Unless all the terran military bases that are not occupied by one of the specialized fleets thru out the universe belong to Earth Command. In which case prime wouldn't need the extra battalions.

I didn't add anything to the new fleet DB that wasn't listed on the fleets page as active or even present. Heck, half the entries on that page are dead links and I'm going to remove them from there AND from the fleet DB if I don't get the corrected information (posted in this thread) by the end of next week.

I simply populated the new fleet DB with what I knew about. I have no idea about anything else outside of that and thats why I made a post that its the responsiblity of the FLs to populate the DB as they see fit.

The corporations and other non-military fleets etc - as I've posted before in this thread - need to post their proposal, members, web page etc in order for a level 4 person (e.g. Gallion) to create a structure for them on the main alliance page.

And I'm not going to allow people to just create fleets/corps willy nilly. Unless there are at least eight members in the proposal, its not getting added. And if a person is not in that fleet DB, they're never going to gain access to any official fleet server either run by 3000AD or anyone else for that matter. I didn't spend money building a DB nor on bandwidth so gits can misuse those resources.

[ 08-10-2003, 08:14 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]