Functions of Fleets

Right....

I've been seing this Fleet forum for a while now and I've finally decided to ask.

What exactly is the Function of a fleet?

Is it an internet gaming community like quake clans where people meet in-game on clan servers?

Or is it strictly Roleplaying based on the honor system?

I would be interested in the latter, since I have no internet access at home and therefore cannot join MP games.

--walks into recruitment office--

"Hi.. I'm interested in travel, learning a skill, and killing Gammulans. Got any openings?"

well Prime fleet always has an opn spot!!

well anyway. fleets are basically groups of people who meet online to play the game.

you could say that RP is somewhat like mulitiplayer snce your character is involved with other people and etc.

you could say that fleets are basically both of your questions in one(sorta.)

and one question: if you don't have internet access how do you get to these forums?

i'm sure some of the older vets can shed more light if i didn't shed enough. Remo help me!

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

i'm sure some of the older vets can shed more light if i didn't shed enough. Remo help me!

The Fleets IMO were setup for both RP and MP simple as that. Now that MP is out when you join a fleet you get the best of both worlds. If all you want to do is RP thats cool, but you can also join in the MP duels to the death if you like also.

Fleets were originally RP only and if you do a search of the RP forum you should find some stuff dating back to GW1 to get a better idea of the whole thing.

now, the fleets are finally looking to mix it up in MP and put all the RP threats to good use.

Each fleet has different doctrine and idal it stands for, so be sure to ask what it is your joining up to before you actually join. If your idea of a good time is blasting Gam's in a Firestorm and you join a supply fleet your going to have fin taking out that stormcarrier with a canlon.

For my part the insurgency feels that earth is in a stranglehold by galcom and are fighting to free earth from that and to make sure that no gam's drop by to end it for everyone.

quote:

Originally posted by Commander Elio Jason:

and one question: if you don't have internet access how do you get to these forums?

I never said I didn't have internet access.

I said I don't have internet access at home

Where I am not at right now. Whenever I post you can bet that I'm at work.... where I have internet access. But this does me no good in a MP scenario since I cannot play BC at work, nor even install it on the work computer.

Sure you could! You just can't get caught, thats all.

By day, I am an IS Professional who walks around the office stealing peoples computers and breaking them.

By lunch time I am a battlecruiser commander who doesn't give a damn about anything else but whether or not I'll be able to complete my mission by end of lunch hour. :-)

That's the prob. I can't. Just about every computer here is less than 500mhz. Those that are capable of running BC are "owned" by snobby twits who don't let peons like me on their systems... Hey, I may be working a blue collar job, but its a hard time for PC techs here in Oklahoma. I know more about the systems here than the people using them... But I can't touch them....... AAARRRRGGGG..

So when it's slow I sneak onto a little 233 and "do email" and message boards. It passes time. I do get to sneak onto a computer that has a cd-rw, that's how I get patches. But they've recently changed its password, so I'm going to have to do some more covert work to get the next patch.

I hate not having internet at home... But you know, with an addict to --ahem--less than savory websites living in the house, the only sure way to keep the computer clean is to have no internet. Oh well.