Fleets.... what are they for and how to join....

I've look a bit at those fleet and I guess what is the aim of that kind of organization.....

Are they for roleplay only or there is the possibility of play online with BCMG and having benefits and duties to perform as a member of a fleet???

And what are the differencies between a fleet and the other..... is there a place where to find the aim and rules of the fleets......

I'm sorry if I have upset you Kalshion, but I've searched a while in the forum and in the various fleet sites, I already read the topic you are referring to..... but I can't have a clear idea....

I have alwais be a LAWFUL/GOOD in all my RPGs and I think that the PRIME FLEET or the EARTHCOM FLEET would be the more appropriate..... but they're some sort of official military/police structure........ I'll like better something concerning special/covert operations or spearhead units....... something risky to do with unusual and special equipment........

In tactical games I usually play as a sniper or assaulter and that's the kind of jobs I would like to do for a fleet....a different kind of warfare.....you know what I mean........

Well.....I have found what I was looking for in the fleet section of the site..... there is an interesting FLEETS FAQ that has anwered almost all of my questions.....

I'll think on joining the WRAITH fleet maybe the SOG group or the ORION fleet.......

the choice is yours. you have no limitations.

IMO the way you put it in the second to last post you sound best in Orion. post in their section to join(their might eb another way but i'm not sure.)

and in a nutshell fleets are like "clans" that gather together to play BC online. RP has been our substitute for MP all these years.

and good luck

Thanks DREADA but I like more COVERT OPS than SPYING OPS...... I'm a little more war oriented, I'm not sure if I can watch an enemy column and do nothing knowing that I could wreak havoc upon them and possibly (surely) destroy them all....

Well..... maybe......

I'm a STAR WARS and START TREK fan and I have diffente feeling about central organization of races..... the STAR TREK federation was surely the rigth place to be..... while the empire of STAR WARS disn't earn my respect and so I would rather be a rebel.........

I had to clear my ideas on GALCOM, then I'll see.....

If it's a decisive quick-action spearhead assault you like, then it's Orion Fleet for you.

Darnit, I had this REALLY LONG (and old) document about the fleets written up for newbie info. Had it linked to in my sig, but I took it out, and I can't remember the URL at the moment.

Ah. Well, I've just now uploaded a new copy here. Note, it hasn't been updated since late 2001. But it gives you the jist of every fleet's primary function.

Going in Star Wars/Star Trek terms, GalCOM is like the Federation or the rebellion/New Republic. You're definitely in for that, I believe.

Read through that guide of mine, and figure out where you think you're heading. Then report to that fleet's forum for recruitment.

If you need any help, just give a post.

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Nova:

Going in Star Wars/Star Trek terms, GalCOM is like the Federation or the rebellion/New Republic. You're definitely in for that, I believe.

Federation yes, Rebellion/NR I think not. That would fall to the Insrugents.

Thanks all.... I'll take a decision when I'll be sure......

The only problem is that I have only a 56K modem and my connection cost isn't so cheap..... so, you know, I'm not going to do a lot of multiplay.....

I'll see if I can satisfy all the requirement of the fleet I choose before asking to join; I read somewhere that there are some meeting on ICQ to attend......

If it's not I'll stay on my own trying to survive...

quote:

Originally posted by dennymala:

The only problem is that I have only a 56K modem and my connection cost isn't so cheap..... so, you know, I'm not going to do a lot of multiplay.....

My brother-in-law in Quartu S.E. (Sardegna) has a high-speed connection, thereby avoiding the high phone bill for long, local calls. Would you like me to get the specifics for you?

Thanks Marvin but I already know that kind of connection..... I have gather info since they become available..... but they aren't cheap too......

However I'm seriously thinking of doing such a kind of connection.....