New Web Site For GALCOM Members

Guest Remo Williams

Guest Remo Williams

Attention all GALCOM members! I am happy to announce the creation of GALCOM ONLINE. This site will be used as a hub site for all of GALCOMÔÇÖs fleets. That way info on all of our fleets will be available at one site to help promote membership for all.

The site is up now it can be found at galcom.net. I have some ideas I have been toying with on the site already. Such as an ÔÇ£Event CalendarÔÇØ, ÔÇ£Most WantedÔÇØ section and so on. IÔÇÖll be contacting all GALCOM fleet leaders over the next few days for input.

There is one section on the site that is labeled ÔÇ£FleetsÔÇØ. In this area I envision a single page that will link to an AD page for each fleet. Each fleet will make a recruitment page that will convey info about your fleet such your goals, style of play or any other info you feel that will draw players to your fleet for membership.

The site belongs to GALCOM so it will be made by all of GALCOMÔÇÖs fleets nothing I have put on the site is permanent at this point and can be changed by unanimous decision by the Fleet leaders of GALCOM. The only person that can change content on this site without consulting the fleet leaders is the Supreme Commander.

I will be setting up server accounts for all Fleet Leaders or their designated Web designers. To allow direct content control of your Fleet AD page without any interference from the other fleets.

The web server has the following software installed for use:

[*]PERL

[*]PHP

[*]MySQL database.

GALCOM members please post your ideas or concerns here for debate.

That is all.

Guest Remo Williams

Those are some real interesting idea's Dreada. I'll work with them a bit and see what I come up with.

Unfortunitly I'm on my way back to the hospital this afternoon. My doctor has some concerns as to the recent procedure they did on my heart. So it could be a few days before I have anything completed.

You guys keep posting your ideas I'll look at them when I have a chance.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Remo Williams

Thanks Cerebus! BTW please fix your forum sig. It should read as follows.

Cadet Cerebus

GCV-Star Lost GALCOM HQ (earth)

Prime Fleet Training Academy

Anyway I just fired off a PM to all GALCOM fleet leaders. Let's try to get together here and figure out how we want this website. I'll be sending out the info for the web server authoring accounts shortly. I look forward to working with you all on this.

Regards

Guest Remo Williams

UPDATE

I've received a positive responce back from Wraith, and Orion fleets. Still no word back from ISS not sure there will be a responce though since their FC resigned awhile back.

I'll get the server logon info to you guys later today so you can start working on your recruitment pages when you have the time.

Regards

• 2 months later...
Guest Remo Williams

I've let this site sleep long enough. I've set up sub-domains for the all of GalCom's Fleets at the following urls.

http://wraith.galcom.net (Wraith Fleet)

http://orion.galcom.net (Orion Fleet)

http://iss.galcom.net (ISS Fleet)

I'll be sending the server login info to all the Fleet Leaders ASAP so that you can start fixing up your sections of GalCom Online.

Each fleet has 1GB of storage space. You can setup forums or just about anything you like. Here is a short list of server installed feature.

[*]PERL

[*]PHP

[*]MySQL Database

There are a few other features just post here if you would like to know if something is supported. If it isn't I'll see what I can do to get it installed. There are also unlimited galcom.net email addresses available for all Fleet members. Mail accounts are available via POP3 or web mail access

I hope this helps everyone with their recruitment efforts! Please post any comments or questions.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Remo Williams

All the galcom.net sub-domains are up and running perfectly. I've sent all of the fleet leaders their FTP login info so they can begin working on their websites.

Questions, comments?

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Mrxknown:

How long do you think it will take to get the sites up? And does Prime have a slot? Or we don't need one?

I have no idea how long and we already have a site. We will all work on the central Galcom.net domain and link to all the fleet sites.

Guest Remo Williams

How's everyone coming along on this? ISS is almost up and running I made some needed changes to the PHP.ini file this morning. Now their PHPnuke portal is functioning properly.

If there are any more changes needed in the server config for any php/cgi applications just post here and I'll fix it ASAP.

Guest Remo Williams

UPDATE

I'm installing a MS security update to Windows server 2003 so all the fleet domains will be down for the next 15 minutes.

• 3 months later...
Guest Remo Williams

The GalCom Online website is back up and excepting registrations now from all GalCom Fleet members.

Galcom Online

Many of the new features will be activated as the week progresses if you have any ideas for the site please post them here or send me a PM.

I'll be adding the Multiplayer archive very soon to store our MP ROE and other MP documents that need to be available to all fleet members.

Also there will be a MP screenshot section to display all our pretty screen shots from in-game MP matches. Start sending me your MP shots if you have them and I'll put them on display when the section goes online this week.

ThatÔÇÖs about it if you have any question or suggestion for the GalCom Fleet Community website lets hear them.

Guest Remo Williams

Thank you guys now go register!

I'm opening up registration to all fleet members since you'll need to have access to some area's of the site that are closed to the public.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Remo Williams

I've started opening up sections of GalCom Online to all visitors now that security features are in place.

If you have a website or forum related to the 3000AD game series you can now post the link to the web link section at GHQ. You can also post general links you would like to share and we'll open up new categories for them as there submitted.

The GHQ forum is also open now to the public and fleets alike. Stop by and take a look and pass the word around to the other fleets and community members.

Everyone can also now access the stories achieve where Community RP can be played out and saved as story series. Also in the Achieve you will find Fleet match logs, Fleet ROE, and much much more.

So get the word out GHQ is ALIVE! LOL!

Guest Remo Williams

The "Match ROE Archive" has been opened at GHQ the first ROE to be added is "Operation Shuttle Strike".

You can view the printer friendly version here.

Once a ROE has been tested and approved by the FL's the creator will be asked to submit the new ROE to the archive, so it will be accessible to all fleet members for review and study.

The next section to be opened at GHQ will be "MP Match Rules & Procedures".

Also UC game patches are now available for download by registered fleet members at GHQ.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Remo Williams

It was brought to my attention that people were unable to register at GHQ. I found the problem and it has been fixed. If you have tried to register lately and received and error message you can now register without any problem.