Fleets General Info Pinboard

Effective Immediately

1. I have promoted Marvin to Fleet Leader in Prime Fleet
  2. The S.C.I.D has been moved out of EarthCOM and into the Prime Fleet structure - where it will better served, until further notice.
  3. All Prime Fleet wings - including marine battalions - need to be fleshed out properly and members put on notice for future deployment (mp planetOPs completion is the next big patch target)

In the future, marines (like EFPs) will be able to fly shuttles off the current planet and to another. This should make it easier to move forces around without members having multiple profiles.

4. Inactive fleets will be dissolved if they don't get their act in gear (remove old/absent members, show signs of activity etc) by August 1st.

Also, anyone who finds that their fleet is suffering due to incompetence by the appointed fleet leaders etc, feel free to send email to [email protected] and the appropriate action will be taken. Similarly, send email if you would like to play an active leadership role in said fleet. I have no problems firing fleet leaders, regardless of tenure here. If people can't live up to their committments, they shouldn't commit. Period.

[ 06-08-2004, 08:47 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prime fleet is the only fleet that has high attendence quite frankly

Congratz Marvin, you've gone up the chain of command faster than me! >= oh well , Way to go! You've earned it

Better watch out SC, at this rate he might take over the company

Quite frankly Zane, this is to be expected.. Marvin earned the respect of preatty much everyone here on the board. But for SC of all people to promote him is a high honor

quote:

Originally posted by Kalshion:

Congratz Marvin, you've gone up the chain of command faster than me! >= oh well

Well, considering that I'm just itching to fire all the leaders of the inactive fleets, why not put in for a transfer and a request to head one of them? e.g. Wraith, Orion, EarthCOM etc are in shambles I hear.

I'd love to SC, really I would

However, I can't do that because I'll be shipping out for Basic Training in November, and quite frankly I'm sure you want a fleet leader who will be around a lot longer than that.

What type of a leader would I be.. if I have to ship out by the end of the year, that would be wrong on my part

And besides, I can't do that Remo or Marvin, the two of them have done so much and I'm prime's only Marine. You need a marine right now, I'm here to stay, at least for the time being until something turns up (with what's going on in Iraq there is the possibility that I'll be sent to BT earlier, then again I am going into the Air Force, I have at least a year before BT come's along

HOWEVER

Despit what I said, If no one step's up to those commands in another 2 or 3 weeks.. I might just take you up on that

By the way SC, just curious, other than the fact that you want Fleet Leaders who are Active and Dedicated.. what else do you want out of them? Just curious, wanna know in case I decide to become one (which I am interested, just gotta talk to the recruiter and figure when exactly I'm shipping out, which I'll most likely talk to him sometime next week when he returns)

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Effective Immediately

1. I have promoted Marvin to Fleet Leader in Prime Fleet

2. The S.C.I.D has been moved out of EarthCOM and into the Prime Fleet structure - where it will better served, until further notice.

3. All Prime Fleet wings - including marine battalions - need to be fleshed out properly and members put on notice for future deployment (mp planetOPs completion is the next big patch target)

In the future, marines (like EFPs) will be able to fly shuttles off the current planet and to another. This should make it easier to move forces around without members having multiple profiles.

4. Inactive fleets will be dissolved if they don't get their act in gear (remove old/absent members, show signs of activity etc) by August 1st.

Congrats, Marvin!

This for sure comes as a suprise. Incorporating one of EARTHCOM's Fleets is nothing I would have expected.

Fleshing out the wings, i. e. reorganisation, along with a promotion of our cadets, has been worked on and is expected to be announced within the next week, or two.

Is S.C.I.D. incoporated as a fleet with its own leader (Fleet Commander), or as a wing with a wing leader (Commander)?

quote:

Also, anyone who finds that their fleet is suffering due to incompetence by the appointed fleet leaders etc, feel free to send email to
[email protected]
and the appropriate action will be taken. Similarly, send email if you would like to play an active leadership role in said fleet. I have
no problems
firing fleet leaders, regardless of tenure here. If people can't live up to their committments, they shouldn't commit. Period.

If this included my role as leader of Prime Fleet so far, I would step back to make place for our younger ones - with regret. I am proud to serve, and your wish is - as usual - my command, Sir!

Best regards

Edit: Mix-up of different shows. Sorry for the confusion this may have caused.

[ 06-10-2004, 02:10 AM: Message edited by: Gudihl ]

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Chavik:

From the first post. Not all the congratulations to Marvin. Which, Congratulations Marvin.

I think I'm missing today's code book.

Anyway, glad to see you out and about, Chavik. Would you like some of us to come and answer your roll call? After all, we wouldn't want to see our friendly neighborhood Insurgents go out of business.

ShoHashi and I are doing very well thank you very much.

I'm worried about a couple members. Chappy has never been seen on the forums. El Che hasn't been seen much. Dreadx kinda drifted off. But the rest of my fleet are alive and well.

Guest Remo Williams

Interesting turn of events! I'm a little dense this evening though as to how this effects the upper command structure. At any rate congrats Marvin!!

A restructuring of Prime's Wing's and Battalion's has been in the planning for a while now. Now is as good a time as any to make the needed changes.

I suppose I should step down at this point to make room for new leadership since I have been ineffective in my duties. I would still like to be part of Prime in a Wing or Battalion though if its ok with you guys?

quote:

After all, we wouldn't want to see our friendly neighborhood Insurgents go out of business.

Come on, Marvin! I think that many-a-time on the server when we play there are more Insurgents than Galcom or at the very least evenly matched! Be advised though, that now I'm off vacation and back to work, you'll only see me about 3-4 nights a week on the servers.

quote:

ShoHashi and I are doing very well thank you very much.

Well said, Chav. We are definately trying to keep the Insurgents alive the best we can.

Guest Remo Williams

I think I get what SC said now!

Please disregard my last post. SC I request permission to speak with you by PM. I would like to run something by you in private on this matter.

quote:

Originally posted by Remo Williams:

I suppose I should step down at this point to make room for new leadership since I have been ineffective in my duties.

Where have you been? I've seen nothing, but extremely hard work coming from you. If anything I think you should be promoted and given your own planet to vacation in.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Where have you been? I've seen nothing, but extremely hard work coming from you. If anything I think you should be promoted and given your own planet to vacation in.

Hehe I shouldn't have wrote that! ItÔÇÖs not so much that I was ineffective but just overloaded. ThatÔÇÖs why in the last week or so I've tried to delegate some of the duties I have to others such as Marvin, Gordon and Kalshion.

Actually over the years I think I've helped build up Prime fairly well, but since the arrival of MP so much needs to be changed to accommodate MP instead of the RP that we have done for years. The fleet structure not just the Wings, Carrier Groups, and Squadrons, but the command structure itself needs an overhaul.

Prime Fleet out of all the GalCom Fleets has been consistently active over the years not just because of me but all the members that have worked with me to build up what we have. IE website, Forums and such.

I would like to see all the Fleets active and of a similar structure as Prime. Some are already but have slipped into inactivity.

I have an idea that I have been talking to a few of the members of Prime about to push the other GalCom fleets towards active status and increase their membership to Prime's level.

It would involve creating a few GalCom positions independent of the Fleets such as a GALCOM XO that would have authority over all the fleets and act as a go between for the Fleet Commanders and the Supreme Commander. A sort of ramrod to enforce the orders and generate activity within any given fleet that needs assistance. GalCom could also have an overall tactical officer to coordinate the fleets in MP scheduling and so on.

Its just an idea to help bring activity to all the fleets, and lessen the load on Derek that is to busy developing the games that we all love to play so much. He just doesn't have the time to plan out every detail for us guys. So I think there should be someone to push when needed for the Supreme Commander.

Well lets hear it what do you all think of this idea. Please be gentle with me I've had a ruff week and its only Tuesday. LOL!

Guest Remo Williams

Pretty good with riddles but a little short sighted Charles.

RP

I guess thats why your an insurgent.

/RP

quote:

Can we stop this G6, G347, G+3 crud?

No its a main part of our chain of command. Since Prime is the most numerius fleet it works pretty good for us.

quote:

Can we stop ADDING officers?

You missed the whole point of my post I believe. The insurgents can since theres only 5 or 6 of you so that means what you only need one fleet.

quote:

Unless there are about 5 people to populate a wing it doesn't need to exist.

Hmmm I guess I need more Wings then!? Not we will down size to maintain ten or more per wing.

quote:

Ya'll want to do all this fancy stuff when it isn't warranted yet.

For the insurgents and Gammulans your right but Galcom will grow faster with leadership in the other Fleets.

quote:

Populate Multiplay first.

I just haven't organized that aspect of prime yet I have the manpower at my disposal. If you want me to prove it just set a date and time you bring your normal troops and i'll have members waiting outside because there's not enough room on the server.

Well, this thread is titled "Fleets General Info Pinboard", not "internal Prime Fleet restructuring". Therefore I have to appologize for letting it slip!

We should discuss Prime Fleet matters in the Prime Fleet section.

TTFN

Guest Remo Williams

Thanks for the heads up but I'm speak more about GALCOM as a whole. I was just brushing over the restructuring the SC spoke of in his first post for Prime. We haven't left the topic yet FC.

I have to run off to a meeting and will be replying to some posts in this thread later.

But I have....

1. Moved S.C.I.D back into EarthCom. I did this because Krekol and Quazar are probably going to get it sorted out - once they actually register in EarthCom and await my approval. At which point I will increase both their security levels.
  2. Deleted everyone from some of the fleets; leaving only those people I have recently seen on the forums. The Prime fleet remains untouched. So I want all admins, FLs etc to purge their fleet dB members after the rollcall. If I get to do it, I will delete the ENTIRE dB. You have been warned.
  3. Promoted some folks (e.g. ShoHashi) to Alliance Leader security level so that they have more access to the dB without having to wait for higher ups to get their act in gear.