Fleets General Info Pinboard

quote:

Originally posted by Remo Williams:

SC I request permission to speak with you by PM. I would like to run something by you in private on this matter.

uhm, sure. Everyone else just sents me PM regardless. At least you remembered that I don't like PMs, unless they're important and worthy of my time and attention.

quote:

It’s not so much that I was ineffective but just overloaded. That’s why in the last week or so I've tried to delegate some of the duties I have to others such as Marvin, Gordon and Kalshion.

...hence the reason I am trying to restructure and kick start the fleets so that more than one person has access to the dB and can administer it, auth new recruits, do recruiting etc etc

e.g. Marvin - apart from being retired and bored - has become a significantly important resource. So, with him having access to the dB he can handle some aspects of the Prime Fleet stuff while you're AWOL. Or something.

The Insurgents seem to be doing fine and there is always an ICV presence on the MP servers. All they have to do now is delete from the ranks, those they know to be gone, haven't reported in etc etc. And thats what I need ALL fleets to do. If you delete someone, when they return, they can just rejoin. No big deal.

The Wraith, ISS, Orion, EarthCom fleets etc, are in a shambles (pretty much) and they need to be beefed up. Everyone joined Prime because apart from being the first fleet, it is the best run (second to the Insurgents) fleet and has a lot of members.

The question is, do we move some people from Prime to the other Ter/Mil fleets? I have no problems doing that, but its up to the fleet leaders to make that decision. All I want is for the fleets to organized.

Right now, I'm looking for leaders who can keep their fleet dB up to date, recruit and orient new members, get actively involved in the mp aspects etc etc. And so far I've got some volunteers already. All fleets should have a least two people with Alliance Leader security access in order to properly administer their fleet. Most of the official testers - with experience - have admin access to the dB as well. So, there is NO reason why there should be stale members in the fleets, no fleet activity etc etc.

....and there are three public servers, capable of handling a total of 64x3 people at any one time, 24-7.

And while you ladies are all sitting around wondering wtf is going on; remember, being an active member of a fleet has its benefits. As you will soon find out. I'm doing this just because I bloody well feel like it. Nor did I pay to have the fleet dB redone just for the hell of it.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Promoted some folks (e.g. ShoHashi) to Alliance Leader security level so that they have more access to the dB without having to wait for higher ups to get their act in gear.

Thank you kindly, SC. I won't let you down.

quote:

Originally posted by ShoHashi:

quote:

Promoted some folks (e.g. ShoHashi) to Alliance Leader security level so that they have more access to the dB without having to wait for higher ups to get their act in gear.

Thank you kindly, SC. I won't let you down.

I know you won't. Do you want your own fleet? I ask because some of you regulars shouldn't have to answer to other regulars if you don't want to. Especially since most of you have as much experience. So, if there is an open fleet (in which I have fired all the primaries) that you'd like to lead, say the word and its yours. The Prime and Insurgent fleets have very stable leadership, so I'm not going to mess with those.

quote:

Originally posted by DREADA:

Aside from all this fleet stuff, with just one more exam to go before I say goodbye to the 20hr working days, 100 page reports and more engineering calculus than you can shake a stick at, you don't know how I'm itching just to check out this MP experience

Well, I fired everyone from Orion and Wraith. So, you need to re-register with Wraith. And once you do, I will increase your security level and you get to head that fleet until I hear from Tac.

quote:

I know you won't. Do you want your own fleet?

Actually, SC, I do have a fleet, Bishamon.

quote:

So, if there is an open fleet (in which I have fired all the primaries) that you'd like to lead, say the word and its yours.

I'll keep that in mind, SC, but I'm perfectly happy keeping the Insurgent Fleet alive with Chavik and our other active members.

quote:

The Prime and Insurgent fleets have very stable leadership, so I'm not going to mess with those.

I concur, SC. Gallion is now back to lead Spectre, Andergum is around to lead Eversor and of course you have Chavik and I leading Balor and Bishamon.

quote:

quote:

The Prime and Insurgent fleets have very stable leadership, so I'm not going to mess with those.

I concur, SC. Gallion is now back to lead Spectre, Andergum is around to lead Eversor and of course you have Chavik and I leading Balor and Bishamon.

OK. Great!!

In the upcoming patch, all the fleet related stations currently in the single player world, are going to be mirrored in the mp galaxy. This means that all the station names in the mp galaxy will also bear the names of fleets (if any) the belong to. e.g. Paladian will become Paladian-GHQ.

...which of course means that new stations are going to be added.

quote:

[QB][/QB]

Thanks Sho. Get your Insurgents to update their pages by the weekend because I'm going to be restructuring that page and removing any/all dead links.

GALCOM (GCV) - Works

Prime Fleet - Works

ISS Fleet - Works

Orion Fleet - Works

Wraith Fleet - Works

EARTHCOM (ECV)

EarthCOM - Works

INSURGENT (ICV)

Insurgent One - Dead

Spectre HQ - Dead

Eversor Fleet - Works

Bishamon Fleet - Works

Balor Fleet - Works

UNDESIGNATED COMMAND VESSELS (UCV)

COMMANDER STATIONS/CRAFTS

GALCOM / EARTHCOM

GALCOM Training Academy - Works, but page relocation links are dead

Cmdr Faber - Links to GALCOM Training Academy which sends you to dead page relocation links

Cmdr Badgerius - Works

Cmdr Alun Tringad - Dead

INSURGENTS

Cmdr Chavik - Works

MISCELLANEOUS

Official BC Webring Home

Active Worlds Commanders Village Herald - Link works however no updates done since 1998

Active Worlds GALCOM Browser (GALCOM is at 964N 907E) - Dead

FICTION WRITINGS BASED ON THE BATTLECRUISER UNIVERSE

The Pluto Insurgency - Dead

New Fleet Additions Not Listed:

Gammulan Fleet - http://www.spinspection.com/Gammulan/index.htm

[ 06-10-2004, 09:18 AM: Message edited by: ShoHashi ]

Effective Immediately.

[*]Cmdr. Jamont, head of ISS fleet, has been elevated to security level 3.

[*]Cmdr. Marvin, of Prime fleet, has been elevated to security level 3.

[*]Cmdr. Krekol is now head of the EarthCOM alliance, at security level 3.

[*]Cmdr. Zane Marlow, is now co-commander of the Orion fleet, at security level 3.

[*]Cmdr. Ben Zwycky, of ISS fleet, has been elevated to security level 2.

[*]Cmdr. Greg Miller, of Orion fleet, has been elevated to security level 3 (commander of the fleet).

[ 06-09-2004, 07:30 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Guest Remo Williams

SC no offence, but I would like to go on public record here that I have reservations on the appointment of Zane Marlowe to a command position in Orion.

I respect your decisions so this is the last I will speak on the topic.

If Orion is to have a Co Leader, I'd like to see Dan Cooper, my XO to have that position. He is a great leader, and a very responsible individual. But as always, I will abide by your decisions.

Guest Grayfox

quote:

You're the only marine? Boy, you must lonely. We gotta fix that.

im the only one in Orion fleet...

however i already got some good ideas on recruitment, and seeing as how ill be getting my new residence squared away in a few days, and my work schedule lightening in the near future, ill finally be able to implement those ideas.

aaaannnnd high speed internet access... wanna run some ops together kalshion?

quote:

Also, don't know if you're aware, but the Gammulan alliance website is not listed on the main fleets page

Thanks, Dreada..I've edited my original post to reflect the addition.

quote:

SC no offence, but I would like to go on public record here that I have reservations on the appointment of Zane Marlowe to a command position in Orion.

uhm, well, send me PM with your comments and we'll go from there.

quote:

Originally posted by Greg Miller:

If Orion is to have a Co Leader, I'd like to see Dan Cooper, my XO to have that position. He is a great leader, and a very responsible individual. But as always, I will abide by your decisions.

You see, this is the part I hate. You ladies were NOWHERE to be found when I was threatening to shakeup the fleets. But no, as soon as I start making decisions, I get to read stuff like this - when you all had the chance to step up and speak up.

I don't even know who the hell Dan Cooper is. Hence the reason I have asked everyone to ensure that their fleet dB name, matches their forum name - or they will be flushed from the dB as I come across those are not in compliance.

[ 06-10-2004, 10:43 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Effective Immediately.

[*]I have made some rank designation revisions within the Ter/Mil alliance. e.g. wing/fleet commanders are now at Strategic Commander rank; and co-commanders are at Fleet Commander rank. In instances where co-commanders are required, the co-commander has a higher or lower security level access. This primarily ensures that in the absence of one, the other can handle the fleet, check for new recruits etc etc.

[*]Cmdr. $ilk (aka Dan Cooper), is now Orion's Fleet Leader, with security level 2. I also changed his commander name from Cooper (no wonder I had no clue who the hell he was).

[*]Until further notice (read: until I know wtf is going on), Cmdr Zane Marlowe has been dropped down to Wing Leader of Orion.

[*]Cmdr. Remo and Marvin are commander and co-commander of Prime fleet with security level 3. Cmdr. Gudhil remains alliance leader at large (whatever that means) with security level 4.

[*]Until further notice, S.C.I.D will remain under EarthCom - and the Primus fleet may be disolved (once I figure out why the EarthCom leaders decided to have two fleets).

[*]Cmdr. Dreada is now commander of Wraith fleet with security level 3

[*]Cmdr. Quazar is now fleet leader of the Primus EarthCom flee with security level 2.

Sorry SC... I used $iLk as my fleet db login but used Cooper as my commander name

I have it in my sig as Cooper but I forgot everyone knows me by my 'ladies man' handle

quote:

Originally posted by $iLk:

Sorry SC... I used $iLk as my fleet db login but used Cooper as my commander name

I have it in my sig as Cooper but I forgot everyone knows me by my 'ladies man' handle

Ah yes, a Ter/Mil playa

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

In the upcoming patch, all the fleet related stations currently in the single player world, are going to be mirrored in the mp galaxy. This means that all the station names in the mp galaxy will also bear the names of fleets (if any) the belong to. e.g.
Paladian
will become
Paladian-GHQ

...which of course means that new stations are going to be added.

Nearly overlooked this one. This is great news!

Best regards

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

The question is, do we move some people from Prime to the other Ter/Mil fleets? I have no problems doing that, but its up to the fleet leaders to make that decision. All I want is for the fleets to organized.

Fleet Leaders: if there is any need of people for your Ter/Mil fleet, discuss this over here in the Prime Fleet section.

Best regards

Effective Immediately.

[*]Cmdr. Gordon has been promoted to Fleet Leader in Prime, at security level 2 access. I was tempted to give Gordon co-command of Wraith, but I decided not to, given his history within Prime.