Fleets General Info Pinboard

Fleet recruitment can resume but this is up to the individual fleet leaders.

And you, Admiral Tigerclaw, I have just deleted several of your posts in this thread and the subsequent replies. The next fool to post non official fleet business in this thread - or anywhere on this site - is getting banned. No warnings will be given (since I don't even give out warnings anymore).

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Remo Williams

There are fleet registrations waiting in the database for approval since yesterday evening gentlemen.

If the prospective fleet leaders do not approve them by this afternoon I'll approve them then come to your forum and smack you with a trout.

Lets stay on top of this guys. I suggest that you send them a welcome email upon approval that explains your sig guidelines, any training you offer to new members to get them active in your fleets ASAP. That way you'll know right away if you have a MP member or just someone else wanting to take up space in the database.

Guest Remo Williams

Ok if you don't care for more members then stop talking about it when you have none to play with at the meets. Because letting people set for days at a time in the queue is not going to get you active members

I've notice the fleet leaders that are most active seem to have the most members. I guess it just depends on how much you want MP to work on how much you contribute to that end.

Guest Remo Williams

First off stop telling me to relax!! I'm very serious when it comes this Game. As a matter of fact I don't relax and have fun until I'm in the game. This is serious stuff for Derek this game series is how he makes a living he's depending on us to help get MP going in the community. I'm a very high-strung motivated individual and I do what ever it takes to make things work. So lets do it and stop making excuses.

quote:

the members in the queu where waiting to be recruited but couldnt due that we stopped recruiting due s.c. orders.

Wrong I visited the DB everyday and denied registrations to all fleets during the ordered halt on registrations. These people all tried to register after SC lifted the restriction. Do you even have a program for new recruits? Do you explain your fleet rules guidelines an signature format? Do you have a fleet charter? Do you have an MP playerÔÇÖs guide?

quote:

and btw... relax a bit you are taking it to serieus and also if you think i am not able to lead a fleet just say so

Well since you brought it up no I don't but it's not my decision so it means nothing.

OK, continued from here

quote:

Originally posted by Zane Marlowe:

Fleet Action has been updated and the names have been changed as you've requested. Prime Fleet's logo does not appear on the Fleet Action site anymore.

*snip*

Nonetheless, I've made the changes you stipulate so that Fleet Action is completly unofficial and unrelated to the official fleet structures here.

OK, I'm confused here. If you are running your own Fleet Action programme, don't you think that you could have asked myself or the respective fleet members for their permission before using their materials?

Fleet Action in itself implies a programme that is part of our multiplayer fleets here. Of course, this is not the case, is it? That said, I can see the confusion and how other fleet members will react to something like this; especially since, well, you've been less than popular with these folks.

To this end, for now, I will let the Fleet Action name of the programme stand, with the understanding that you ONLY make reference to our participating fleets. If a fleet does not participate in your programme, then please do not use their materials or make reference to them within your programme.

Like every one else who requests my permission, you have my permission to use whatever official materials (logo, images, shots, game materials) you need to promote your programme. Just make sure that your site has all the pre-requisite copyright messages and whatnot and that you do NOT use materials that a fleet has not authorized you to use.

I hope this settles this. If not, I have PM, you can all use it.

[ 09-07-2004, 07:44 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Guest Shingen

quote:

Originally posted by Remo Williams:

Ok if you don't care for more members then stop talking about it when you have none to play with at the meets. Because letting people set for days at a time in the queue is not going to get you active members

I've notice the fleet leaders that are most active seem to have the most members. I guess it just depends on how much you want MP to work on how much you contribute to that end.

I wasn't aware that anyone was applying to TDH, 'cause those persons never PMed, emailed or posted anything that I can find.

If people are not going to introduce themselves and make an effort, I don't want them in TDH.

Give them to someone else.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

I wasn't aware that anyone was applying to TDH, 'cause those persons never PMed, emailed or posted anything that I can find.

If people are not going to introduce themselves and make an effort, I don't want them in TDH.

Give them to someone else.

No problem I'm sure they'll be there when you check.

quote:

Originally posted by Shingen:

If people
are not
going to
introduce themselves and make an effort
, I don't want them in TDH.

Shin, if you do it that way, you'll probably get nothing but n00bs who don't read before posting. Many who actually read all the prerequisite info simply register at the Fleet database and wait for a reply.

quote:

Originally posted by Marvin:

quote:

Originally posted by Shingen:

If people
are not
going to
introduce themselves and make an effort
, I don't want them in TDH.

Shin, if you do it that way, you'll probably get nothing but n00bs who don't read before posting. Many who actually read all the prerequisite info simply register at the Fleet database and wait for a reply.

Yep, I agree. And this is also in line with the registrations in that we have a lot of forum registrations who either post once or not at all. Others have nothing to post, so they don't register, seeing that they can just read and easily find what they are looking for since the forum is open for viewing.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, what Denny said.

Every cadet needs the Academy syllabus and it was posted to to the website. I'd hand it out* to each individual cadets but, if I did, I'd probably get real discouraged when 80% rip it out of my hand and go running gleefully toward the horizon ... never to be seen ever afterward.

Then again, most of 'em hang around long enough to get the password for the Fleet server. Which was posted in the secure section of the Prime Fleet forum. Natch, I could hand that out along with the syllabus but then I'd probably increase the "running gleefully" rate another 10%.

* Via email.

I've taken care of Orion's Recruit. I was under the impression somebody from Orion was taking care of the Orion part of the DB daily. I'm having PC issues at home, and wasn't available to do so sooner. Sorry SC, won't happen again.

Guest Remo Williams

There are recruits waiting in the Fleet DB for approval. They've been in the queue for a few days now if they're still there tomorrow morning I'm going to approve them.

All FL's or their designated personnel officers need to check the DB daily. I'm going to just start approving everyone if we can't get this together guys.

Guest Remo Williams

Yes remove him if you like, him and about four others for the TDH set in the Queue for about 3 days before I approve them. Since I'm a DB admin I like to run a tight ship so to speak.