Fleets General Info Pinboard

Guest Remo Williams

I just left the fleet server, I can only sum up the experience with one word. AWESOME! As would be expected from a 3000AD title the MP feature is rock solid all the way around. The game play AWESOME! The graphics AWESOME!

This is truly going to be an exciting year for Fleet MP action. My hat is off to Derek and his team at 3000AD you guys truly are unrivaled in the gaming industry.

Now its time for the matches to begin Prime Fleet will be issuing challenges this week!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Remo Williams

I would like to announce the opening of our NEW Fleet community hub site.

http://www.bcfleets.net

Here is where all inter-alliance activity takes place. All the info that you would ever want to know about a fleet or alliance can be found here. Fleets that do not have a website will have a sub-domain available shortly. It will host the MP stats ladders and other MP and RP material for all fleet members at a neutral site. GalCom Online is now for the sole use of GalCom Alliance members for inter-fleet relations.

I need all MP team leaders to recreate your teams at the new site. You guys have until next Sunday to get your teamÔÇÖs setup so please create your teams and have all the MP members of your fleet join ASAP. Penalties will start being applied as specified by the league handbook in Dec. for those teams that are not participating at the minimum level required.

Please post any questions or comments here.

That is all!

• 7 months later...
Guest Remo Williams

Hello Gentlemen

Just wanted to give all the fleet leaders a heads up that are running websites using PHP Nuke Primefleet.com was hacked a few times over the last couple weeks by a hacker calling himself s1mon the Turkish hacker.

He gains access to the site through the admin panel using a method I'm still looking into at the moment. When he gets in he adds a site redirect to a header, usually to one of these type pages, You've been hacked page. or sometimes he will delete all the data in key DB files

I recommend everyone make a backup of their DB so by chance your site is targeted it will be easy to restore as mine was. I would also password protect access to my admin login screen.

Here is the basturds Web Site. I made an account there and have been following their communication with a translator. They seem to think its a big game to steal people property by hacking there sites.

Check it out for yourself they have linked to hundreds of sites they have defaced in Europe and the USA just like Prime's site. I have traced the ISP of their site to a company in Miami, Florida. I'll be contacting them shortly to report their activities.

If any of you have any other suggests IÔÇÖm all ears.

[ 06-17-2006, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: Remo Williams ]

I noticed that a week or so ago. Zane's fleetaction site was also hit (that has now been taken down as it was in the process of being moved elsewhere). I noticed a couple of extra admin accounts at issfleet.com which I deleted.

We're also regularly backing up our database in several locations.

I've sent Rip an email on this asking if there's anything else we can do.

Looks like their (the 'script kiddies', I won't flatter them enough by calling them actual hackers, since it looks like they are just exploiting a common vulnerability) website is down. So that is promising. Hopefully a patch is available for this vulnerability to prevent it from happening again.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Ben Zwycky:

I noticed that a week or so ago. Zane's fleetaction site was also hit (that has now been taken down as it was in the process of being moved elsewhere). I noticed a couple of extra admin accounts at issfleet.com which I deleted.

We're also regularly backing up our database in several locations.

I've sent Rip an email on this asking if there's anything else we can do.

I think its a PHP nuke issue not much Rip can do IMO. My admin login screen is no longer accessable and that seems to have ended the script kiddies adventure as Case puts it.

I'm in the process of moving primefleet.com, primefleet.net, galcom.net, and bcfleets.net to another host anyway but only because I need more space. LOL! The service RIP has provided is top notch IMO.

Sorry I hadn't had a chance to come voice in on this. You are probably right Remo not much I could do directly. I do keep firewall logs that get stored on another server that is inaccessible from outside my network If you know the date/times of the breakins I am happy to provide them if they still haven't been overwritten. I usually store about 30 days worth.

I was just planning on moving your domains and the issfleet one to their own IP addresses so that I could provide accurate reverse DNS not to mention more customized security. If you already have the move in motion no problem, but I'd be happy to give you more space. Bandwidth is the metric that actually costs me more money, even though I still have a good bit of that to spare as well. Just let me know. I'm going to hold up on assigning you an IP till I hear back to avoid wasting any time.

I'm thrilled to do all I can for the Fleets as I feel guilty not being able to give the time I would like to.

This also brings up another question, what is the most economical place to get AWA? I'm hoping to get enough time to actually set up an MP server like Ben has been hounding me to do for many, many months. I still haven't bought a new version since Ben and I kicked ass on all comers in the fleet championships. Well Ben did and let me reap the glory for staying out of his way (and only costing us the match once)

Anyway I fully expect to get a lot of help getting this thing set up so we can have someplace to play that we can count on being up and having a decent connection.

Rip

Sales options for AWA can be found here The cheapest option would be as a download from Direct2Drive (no postage to be paid), with BMT micro you have to pay postage, but you get the patch updates slightly sooner (they have to be re-encrypted with Direct2Drive's DRM before being released, which takes a few days)

Hey, don't sell yourself short on that championship title. You got two kills in that final deathmatch tie-breaker (more than me if memory serves correctly), which made all the difference. Your name is the hall of fame on merit.

Will Direct2Drive not potentially be a problem do to reinstall limits? I seem to recall some people that bought SHIII on there *****ing because they could only reinstall 3 times or something like that. Given that this would be potentially reinstalled and moved between system numerous times that sounds a little risky.

If ordering the disk only costs another $5 I think I will go that way. I'll try to check this weekend. I have all the parts for a machine pretty much ready, only potential issue is the quality of vid card. I really wish it would run just as well in pure server mode. That would make it a lot easier for me to remote administer without ending up running to the office every time it hiccups.

I'm shooting for getting it up around July 4th.

Rip

edit to add: I went ahead and ordered the CD version. Hope it gets here soon so I can practice a little so I don't embarass ISS. One good thing is I have an X52 joystick this year.

Guest Remo Williams

Hey Rip if you can spare the space that would be great. I was still looking and you have the best deal around thats for sure.

The CD version too has a limited number of reinstalls available as the authorization is web based.

I am right, isn't it?

yeah, but you can just ask SC for a new CD key if you end up reinstalling too many times. There shouldn't be a problem since you're a well-known and contributing member of the community

• 1 month later...

Fleet Leaders:

I need to know how many "active" members you have in your fleets. By active, I mean members that participate or contribute something in one way or another in your fleets. This will hereby be known as a Fleet Strength Report.

You may want to initiate a roll call to see where all your members are to help you in this regard. It will also help to see if they are still around or whether they need to purged from the database.

Again, I need to know how many "active" members are in your fleets.

I'd like to have this info ASAP. Please PM me when you get it.

ISS.............Fleet Strength Report received

Orion...........

Prime...........

Vanguard........

Wraith..........Fleet Strength Report received

Balor...........Fleet Strength Report received

Bishamon........Fleet Strength Report received

Eversor.........Fleet Strength Report received

Spectre.........Fleet Strength Report received

-Sho

[ 07-28-2006, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: ShoHashi ]

Fleet Leaders/Acting Fleet Leaders:

I still need Fleet Strength Reports for Prime, Orion and Vanguard Fleets.

Vanguard Fleet: Tecknocack Prime, please let me know this info. If someone is in this fleet and your Fleet Leader is MIA, please take the initiative and PM me the info I requested in the above post.

Prime Fleet: If there is even anyone left, please let me know the info I request in the above post.

Orion Fleet: Silk, I need to know this information, please.

-Sho

• 3 years later...

Now that's more like it. No more FleetDB red tape to tangle with! :) And ShoHashi updated my faq (nice job, Sho).

Just so we're clear:

Prime Fleet Leader: Kalshion

Vanguard Fleet Leader: me

Insurgent Fleet Leader: ShoHashi

Other FLs will be counted here once they issue roll calls in their forums, or we'll take appropriate action. Don't worry though, you'll get plenty of notice. ShoHashi is our boss OOC only. What he says goes for all Fleets. Derek is his boss.

Not sure how the seven fleets interact? Who's Who's ally and enemy? Etcetera? Read the faq.

What do Fleets do? We play Derek's games online (I personally don't have the rig for it though) and we simulate his unique game setting in the simming forum.

Got any more questions, this is the thread to ask.