Fleets General Info Pinboard

Guest Remo Williams

Whatever the reason I was just following the instructions of my boss. As we have been told many times not to leave them in the queue for any length of time if you don't agree. Please contact [email protected]. Derek will respond when he has the time I'm sure. Now as I said youÔÇÖre welcome to remove them.

I'm glad to see you have a preference in your membership now though keep up the good work.

Remo out!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by DREADA:

quote:

Originally posted by Remo:

I'm glad to see you have a preference in your membership now though keep up the good work.

I'm trying it this way because I believe making applications more thorough will help weed out those who were never committed in the first place.

Absolutely.

• 3 months later...
Guest Remo Williams

Gentlemen there are quite a few applicants waiting in the fleet DB for approval for almost all the fleets. Please take a second to clear out the queue and contact these potential MP fleet members.

Thanks

Remo Out!

• 3 months later...
Guest Remo Williams

Revision 9 of the handbook is available in the download area at GHQ.

Changes were made in sections 5 thru 8.

I also added the Death Match ROE to the ROE appendix.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Remo Williams

The FL's decided today to remove the deadline for registering a team to compete in the league today. You can now register or join a team to the league ladder at anytime during normal season play.

quote:

Originally posted by Remo Williams:

Revision 9 of the handbook is available in the download area at GHQ.

I was able to log into my account at http://www.galcom.net/ and download the 2005 League MP Handbook Rev 9 without difficulty; but none of my machines will open a .ace file. Can you convert the Handbook to .doc format? That worked well for previous versions.

An option that I've found suitable is get WinRAR...it extracts ACE files as easy as most others generally used for compression. (ZIP, ACE, RAR...quite a few others)...easy to use too.

quote:

Originally posted by Shadow5731:

...it extracts ACE files as easy as most others generally used for compression.

Oh! .ace is a file compression format. I misstook it for a word processing format. Armed with this knowledge, I have successfully extracted and viewed the document. There's no sense in converting the downloadable to .doc, and costing Remo more in bandwidth, if it's just as easy to compress the file. So, please disregard my post above. Thanks for the information, Shadow5731, jamotto.

BTW, the Handbook is looking nicer on each pass.

• 3 months later...
Guest Remo Williams

Yeah, I was just there last night and seen that, except last night there wasn't a recruit for Prime.

After just checking again though I see there is one now and I started his in processing to the academy.

As far as dis-banding it's up to you of course, but I think re-appointments would do the job. DennyMala would make and excellent FL IMO.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Marvin:

Speaking of fleets and leaders, what's the status on those changes to our organizational structure?

I'd like to be able, once again, to include the PF Charter in cadet training. But, as it stands, that ain't possible.

Go ahead and make the new charter available to the Cadets and regular members. Also inform those that were to receive promotion on the charters activation of their status change.

Shohashi, Chavik if your interested in Prime's new MP gaming procedures contact me for a copy of our Charter that was rewritten from the ground up.

Guest Remo Williams

I'm sorry guys I need to correct my statement above our charter doesn't contain our internal MP gaming procedure as to conducting matches. I had my wires crossed. That is in a separate doc that is not quite finished yet. Once our MP guide is complete sometime this week I'll mail it off to you right away so we can hold matches in the near future hopefully.

YouÔÇÖre still welcome to review our new charter though it contains a lot of new info about Prime's internal procedures.

quote:

Originally posted by Remo Williams:

As far as dis-banding it's up to you of course, but I think re-appointments would do the job. DennyMala would make and excellent FL IMO.

I thank you for your trust Remo, but I cannot agree with you. My available time limits and my nature of order follower would probably not suit me for that rank. I can go up in ranks as soon as I have at least one over me that will issue me orders or tasks. Then I'll get to it and lead/organize the people but being in charge would probably leave the fleet unmotioned.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

FLs with admin access to the dB should be checking all fleets (there is a single option right there on the main page for that) and notify FLs without admin access that there are waiting recruits.

Since I do this all the time I'm aware of the number of recruits that are waiting and how long they've been there. What is the standard Administrative procedure you want used? How long should we let them wait before we take action and what action do you want taken?

In the past I've came to this topic and posted as you did, but noticed that the recruits were still there for days even weeks after my post. At that point I usually just approve the recruits myself, but whatÔÇÖs the use if there is no one active in the fleet to guide them or interact with?

I've noticed that if you send them email as part of the application process for approval and have activities for them to do once there accepted we retain more of them for longer periods of time, but if a DB Admin just accepts them willie nillie their never heard from again after their application.

Plus itÔÇÖs a bit odd for the leader of Prime fleet to send a Gammulan recruit for example and in processing letter to a fleet train program that doesn't exist.

Maybe I should move this discussion to the mailing list. No Offence gentlemen this is nothing personal, but I think a shake up at the top is in order with the installation of active FLÔÇÖs or someone with authority to watch over the fleets and help them out that is not affiliated with any one fleet put in place that answer only to Derek. His duties to start would be to keep ALL fleets active and on the same page along with mediating any disagreements among the Fleets for starters. Basically all the stuff that Derek doesn't have time for due to Dev. but needs to be done if were going to be successful IMO.

Remo, send this via the internal chat list please and give me a list of FLs who are just not up to the task. They will be relieved of duty effective immediately and removed from the fleet in EVERY capacity. I don't pay for these resources so that people can screw around with my time, effort, money and resources.

The next step - if this keeps up - is to disband the official fleets, kill the dB and tell everyone to piss off and setup their own servers and whatnot. Either that, or fold all fleets into Prime.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Remo Williams

We are fast approaching the Friday deadline I set over a week ago via comms messages through the fleet DB.

As I said in the comms messages to each fleet all fleet members that fail to check into the roll calls that were issued will be removed on 10-7-05.

Once this is done all inactive GalCom fleet members will have been removed leaving only active participants of the fleet community in the DB.