Halo 3

Supreme Cmdr

So, besides myself, who else bought into the hype and picked this up on day one? I have yet to play it. I'm setting aside an entire day this weekend to start and finish it.

What did you guys (who have played it), think?

:LOL_Hair: Short campaign. It should only take a day for you to complete it. Online> It's Halo. SOS DD

I just got done with playing Halo 3 at a friends house. Multiplayer is still Halo, although the maps are mostly new. I really enjoy the new Zanzibar and some of the other return maps are pretty cool as well. The new power hammer thing is pretty nifty. Plus, the return of the original Halo Rifle is very cool, even if it only has 32 rounds now. The graphics are pretty impressive for a console game, its nice to see that consoles are finally catching up with next-gen computer graphics.

One major gripe I've got is the distance you can do melee now. It appears that you lurch forward like you did with the power sword with almost every weapon now, which is frustrating. Its taking some getting used to not having to be in your opponents face to land a melee blow. Thats all subjective though and I know some people probably like the new way better.

:LOL_Hair: Short campaign. It should only take a day for you to complete it. Online> It's Halo. SOS DD

One day on easy you mean:

On legendary it took me three straight days.

While I do agree the campaign is short, nothing like Halo 1's long missions, the cinema and other things in the game more than back up for that defect. And you'll probably love the last mission (I know I did ;) )

But I'm not a fan of paying for a subscription to Xbox live...