Fleet Leaders Meeting

Guest Remo Williams

I can make it. But this is the only weekday meeting that I can attend for the forseeable future. Read my post in Earthcom's Pinboard thread for details.

quote:

Originally posted by DREADA:

Thats 2.00AM in the UK!! The best I could do would be 12.00AM midnight my time (7PM Eastern / 6PM Central) and even then I couldn't stay longer than 30 mins.

Hmm, maybe this is gonna be a little problematic for a weekday evening??

Indeed. How would 22:00 GMT (11:00 BST, 3:00 PDT) work for you Dreada?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note: I have edited my post in Earthcom's Pinboard thread to answer your question, Dreada (to keep this thread on topic).

quote:

I personally wouldn't have problem with that time, but I think others will! I suggested 12.00AM BST coz working folks on CDT/PDT etc would probably be home by then.

I was also thinking of Ben Zwycky (new ISS Fleet Leader), who is currently on CEST (GMT +2). If we held the meeting at 23:00 GMT, then that would be 1AM for him.

Guest Remo Williams

I don't get home until after 5:00 PDT usually. So if we start at 12:00am GMT I will be a few minutes late 10 at the most.

Lets set it up for 12:00 GMT and hope that most of us can show up. Like I said I will record the meeting for who ever can not attend. This should be our only weekday meeting I will try to schedule. If I had the time this last weekend we would of had it then.

Hope to see you all then!

Remo Out!

quote:

Originally posted by Shingen:

I'm assuming that this thing is set for 7:00 pm CDT (5PM PDT)

23:00 (11:00 P.M.) GMT on Thursday translates into 18:00 (6:00 P.M.) CDT, same day for Oklahoma.

Remo, 23:00 (11:00 P.M.) GMT on Thursday means 16:00 (4:00 P.M.) PDT, same day, for California (you), Oregon (me), and Nevada (Marvin). I will be available from 4PM until about 7PM.

quote:

Originally posted by Remo Williams:

I don't get home until after 5:00 PDT usually.

PDT = (GMT -7)

I must be missing something here.

quote:

Originally posted by Quazar:

Note: I have edited
my post
in
Earthcom
's
Pinboard
thread to answer your question, Dreada (to keep this thread on topic).

quote:

I personally wouldn't have problem with that time, but I think others will! I suggested 12.00AM BST coz working folks on CDT/PDT etc would probably be home by then.

I was also thinking of Ben Zwycky (new ISS Fleet Leader), who is currently on CEST (GMT +2). If we held the meeting at 23:00 GMT, then that would be 1AM for him.

Yup, that's true- yikes!

quote:

Originally posted by Shingen:

Y'all are getting me confused here!

Ditto. Goes double for me.

At 4:00 pm Nevada time I will look to see if there's any place to meet (TeamSpeak?). If not, you can find me on Server 4, whacking away at NPCs and hobnobbing with whoever else is on the server. I'll hang around for at least 1.5 hours ... until 5:30 pm, my time ... which should cover all bases for erroneous time adjustments.

I hope.

OK, gentlemen. It's 19:41 EDT, TS is still down, and we have six Fleet Leaders here:

ShoHashi

Cmdr Chavik

DREADA

Shingen

Quazar

Greg Miller

I will start the ball rolling.

Among other things, Remo wants to discuss developing a recruiting application process to address future situations like this. IMO, Shingen has done a great job.

First, should all fleets have the same policy?

Or should TDH (raiders) have a different application process than Wraith (military)?

Well, even without TS, six fleet leaders made for a good turnout. Thanks for comming guys.

quote:

Probably need to reschedule now though.

Yep!

The meeting has concluded. TS participants in today's meeting:

Marvin

Chavik

Quazar

Shingen

ShoHashi

I think Dreada was there before I logged on. Metting results:

I learned that ROE stands for Rules Of Engagement. Chavik said they discussed a possible library for ROE's so that people who wish to play an unofficial match can use the library to choose an ROE to play.

We still need to compare notes with Remo and get a fleet application process hammered out. That is, if it is decided that all fleets should recruit the same way.

Guest Remo Williams

Sorry I couldn't attend I'll have Marvin fill me in ASAP. I have a few RL problems right now that are keeping me occupied at least I have the sites back up.

Sorry for my abscence, but it was just too late a start for me. As it turned out, I didn't save myself much sleep- my boys got me up at 2.30am anyway

Could someone please fill me in on what was discussed?

Guest Remo Williams

Send me the log Marvin Thanks.

Well is everyone ready for tomorrow? I know I am I can't wait to see who leads the stats board. I'm going to be busy today getting everything setup. Talk to you all again soon!

Remo Out!

quote:

Originally posted by Remo Williams:

Send me the log Marvin Thanks.

My chatlog runs from 16:03:25 to 17:37:53 and consists almost entirely of small talk. Nothing of real value. We didn't start talking about fleet stuff until logging on to TeamSpeak. Even then, the highlight of the discussion was a comparison of lawn mowers me and Chavik had somewhere between my second and third beer.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Remo:

Well is everyone ready for tomorrow? I know I am I can't wait to see who leads the stats board. I'm going to be busy today getting everything setup. Talk to you all again soon!

I didn't know it was still on, since your servers were damaged... I'll have to check.

Whats the schedule?? What time does everything kick off again?? Thanks

I never annouced that it was canceled I knew I would have it back up before Sunday even if it wasn't we would of tried running it on Prime East servers. The time remains the same 19:00 GMT I hope everyone still shows.