Fleet Scenario Template

I've created documentation for the scenarios that Prime Fleet has been designing and for others who may want a format to design fleet scenarios in.

I've created three documents. The first document is a general set of scenario rules which, for practical reasons related to the way the game works, are required for all scenarios. This document also includes scoring based on asset class which is at the time of this writing an ad hoc scoring system that seems to fit our needs. You may download the General Fleet Scenario Rules here.

The second document is a template for designing scenarios that includes places for all the necessary information. Replace bracketed text with scenario details. Download the Fleet Scenario Template here.

The third document is an example of the second document created with Prime's recently tested MP scenario, Operation Shuttle Strike. You can download it here.

There are only a couple changes I would suggest. First, that variations on each scenario (Shuttle Strike has two) be detailed in separate documents with separate names for the sake of clarity. Second, that accomplishing the fleet objective adds experience to all of that fleet's commanders, and failing the objective subtracts experience from the fleet commanders. This encourages participation towards the overall goal and means that a commander can't slay four enemy ships, lose the fleet objective, and consider it was a good day. Conversely, a fleet might suffer some losses in the successful pursuit of its objective and count it a minor victory.

Guest Remo Williams

The template is not quite what I was looking for but a good start. The rules doc you made has a few errors but also a nice start. I'll make a few changes and re-post both probably Wednesday. The scoring sheet will be a separate document when completed.