Insurgents vrs Prime

Guest Remo Williams

Guest Remo Williams

Well it looks like the insurgents are going to be busy this weekend!

Prime will take the first match followed by the ISS then Orion. If wraith puts together a team they will have the fourth match.

Lets have all fleet leaders post the names of the members that will be participating when it is know to this topic. That way we can try to get this a little more organized so it goes smoothly this weekend.

Each match will last about 30 minutes give or take. That means that the second match should start about 10:30PM GMT. Try to show up early and just hang out in the TS lobby until your fleet's team is told to login to the game server. Then you will switch from the lobby to your fleets in-game comms channel and login to the game server.

Marvin should post a complete walk through I believe on how its all going to work in the next few day.

Stay tuned!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Lets have all fleet leaders post the names of the members that will be participating when it is know to this topic. That way we can try to get this a little more organized so it goes smoothly this weekend.

All Insurgents that are interested have already posted in this thread, Remo! Which, as of this post, is four.

However, you may want to consider a cutoff day and time so we can lock in the teams. Maybe like Friday at noon? That will give a day and a half for the participants to read up on the scenario, etc. Just a suggestion!

When the cutoff day and time is passed (if you choose to do that), I'll post in this thread an exact headcount of who we have.

Thoughts?

[ 08-17-2004, 09:13 PM: Message edited by: ShoHashi ]

Guest Remo Williams

Sounds fine the cutoff date for this Sunday's match up is Friday noon. If someone shows up to late for the cutoff they can still be considered for play though by the fleet leaders involved in a match if their a man short etc.. Seems fair to me anyway.

quote:

Originally posted by ShoHashi:

However, you may want to consider a cutoff day and time so we can lock in the teams.

Sho, I'll lay you odds that half the guys who post won't show and half those who do show will be drop-ins. Set a cut-off date if you like but I'd prefer to just make room should we get more players than expected.

Anyway, per Remo's post, here are the guidelines for setting up this match. Don't panic ... it looks worse than it really is.

MP SCENARIO START-UP

Note: Prior to launching the game, each player should create a "Join MP Server" shorcut and append it with " /logchat"

[*]e.g. "C:Program FilesDreamCatcher3000ADUniversal Combatucmp.exe" /c /logchat

Order of Events.

1. Each player must log on to TeamSpeak2 (TS), usually using the Prime Fleet West server, and wait in the "Universal Combat Lobby" (the default location). If another server is to be used, the change will be posted along with the mission schedule. See "Setting Up TeamSpeak 2" for instructions on how to download and operate the program.

2. After the initial briefing, each team will adjourn to a designated seperate TS frequency for team play. Unless otherwise directed, the following procedure will be used to keep from confusing the server.

[*]a. The "game leader" or server host will, upon switching to the team frequency, assign assets to each member of his team.

[*]b. Immediately afterward, he wil start sending members of his team into the game. Members enter the game one-by-one. After one member has successfully logged on, that person will announce such over TS. The game leader will then send in the next player. On infinitum.

[*]c. After all except the game leader have entered, the game leader will switch to the opposing team's frequency and announce that all players have entered successfully.

[*]d. The game leader will then return to his frequency and enter the game.

[*]e. Sixty (60) seconds after the game leader leaves the opposing team's frequency, the opposing "team leader" will start sending in his players in the same fashion.

[*]f. After the team leader logs on (last player to do so) he will type "all players now in game" in the in-game chat window.

3. The game leader will then type "****** BEGIN LOG ******" into the chat window to deliniate the beginning of the game, making it easier for the game leader to sort out game events afterward.

4. Each player will send two chat messages. One: "[name] is in game" to all players (e.g. "Marvin is in game"). Two: "[name] - [asset's name] - [type asset] to him/herself (e.g. "Marvin - GCV Asimov - carrier/megaron"). The reason for the first entry is to determine that all players and the server see each other properly. The reason for the second is to let the game leader know (privately) what kind of asset each player is using -- so that point values can be properly determined.

5. The game leader will then type "****** BEGIN GAME ******" or someting similar, thereby initiating game play.

6. All players will close the game chat window and communicate with each other via TeamSpeak.

7. Upon completion of an objective, the player who completes the objective will open a chat box and announce, in the blind, its completion. He will also announce it over TS to his teammates.

[*]a. If completing the objective also terminates the match, the team leader will exit the game, connect to the opposing side's TS, and call an end to the game.

[*]b. If other objetives have not been met or the time clock is still running, the player will close the chat window and resume the game.

8. At the end of the game, both leaders will call such over TS and the game leader will add an "****** END LOG ******" entry to the chat window.

9. All players will exit the game and return to the default TS frequency for debrief.

Final Note: If the game leader (server host) drops off line duing the match, his chat log will be incomplete. In that situation, he should coordinate with one of the players still in the game to send him a copy of the "mpchatclient" log.

quote:

Sho, I'll lay you odds that half the guys who post won't show and half those who do show will be drop-ins. Set a cut-off date if you like but I'd prefer to just make room should we get more players than expected.

Your reasoning is sound, Marv! No cut-off needed then!

Hey Dreada,

It looks like ISS isn't put together enough for this to work yet, so if you don't get someone else in your third slot, maybe I'll fill in for you if you're still looking. It's well known that CIOPS and Wraith have a close working relationship.

Score sheet looks great Remo, good job.

Orion Fleet Status for Sunday

Str Cmdr Greg Miller = Not Available

Flt Cmdr $ilk = Not Available but could play 1 to 2 hours after start time.

Lt. Grayfox = Not Available.

Well, I was all ready to play this Sunday, until my wife reminded me I will be somewhere else at game time. So while all you guys are happily fragging away, I'll be at the.....Zoo.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by DREADA:

Sure, if the spot doesn't get filled and its cool with the organisers, saddle up!

I have no objection just try to post a status like Greg for your fleets team so I know who is suppose to be playing for each team come Sunday.

quote:

Originally posted by Mordax Blyrr:

...what is the exact login info for joining the TS server?

Ahhh, funny you should ask about TeamSpeak. From the post below, take what info you need ... and discard the rest.

Go here ... then go about a third of the way down the page to where it says, "The Solution" and download the program from that link.

Once you install the program, do the following:

[*]1. Launch TeamSpeak 2.

[*]2. Click on "Connection."

[*]3. Click on "Connect" (not the quick connect).

[*]4. Click on "Web Server List."

[*]5. Click on "Change Filter."

[*]6. In "Server Name Filter," seclect "Show servers containing" and insert "Prime Fleet" (w/o quotes) in the window.

[*]7. Select "Ok."

[*]8. Click on "Update List."

[*]9. When a Prime Fleet server shows up in the listing, click on "Copy to local addressbook."

Now you have the correct server available.

[*]10. Then go to the "Local Addressbook" tab.

[*]11. Highlight the server.

[*]12. Log on as "Anonymous."

[*]13. Add your nickname.

[*]14. Check the box allowing the server to assign you another nickname.

[*]15. Use the password Remo gave you.

If it doesn't work the first time, try again.

[*]16. Once on line, click on "Settings."

[*]17. Click on "Sound Input/Output Settings."

[*]18. In "Voice Send Method," select "Push to Talk" and set F12 as the key to use (Prime Fleet standard ... doesn't conflict with MP game).

[*]19. Make note of the other possible settings, in case you need to make further adjustments.

[*]20. Check that the bottom bar/button says "Activate local test mode" ... if it says "Deactivate, etc." then you will only be transmitting to yourself.

[*]21. Close the window and wait for someone else to show up so you can test out your TS.

Guest Remo Williams

Ok thanks Dreada!

For Prime we have the following:

Marvin

Papi

DennyMala

Remo

Namotus

This could change though as we all know.

I just went and did a bandwidth test on Primes server since I'm going to be providing the TS server that everyone will use. Plus possibly the game server if we have to much trouble scoring the matches on the provided fleet server. If I run the server myself here I'll have more control of everything along with access to the server chat log.

Will try using the fleet server first though.

Guest Remo Williams

Almost that time Commanders! We have about 40 minutes before the first match starts.

Who's going to walk away with the first bragging rights?

Who's going to show they belong in the GalCom Academy?(insurgents excluded of course LOL!)

The main thing though! Who's going to have fun!?!

Guest Remo Williams

Commanders I must say that was a very fun action packed fleet MP Session. I'm glad so many people showed!

I'm going over the match logs now scoring them. I'll be posting the results within the hour.

Feel free to talk about the matches here in the meantime so everyone in the community knows of your exploits.

Guest Remo Williams

The results are in and the match logs decided a clear victor for the meet.

Four matches were played today between the Insurgents, Prime, Wraith, and the ISS. The Insurgents won four out of four matches played against GalCom's fleets. The majority of the bragging rights belong to the Insurgents along with a few other players that did exceptionally well for this first meet.

Now for the details!!

Match one was between the Insurgents and Prime Fleet. The insurgent team was made up of the following players.

[*]Mordax

[*]ShoHashi

[*]DreadX

Prime's team included:

[*]Papi

[*]DennyMala

[*]Namotus

The insurgents won this match when the hostile star station Resilients destroyed PrimeÔÇÖs carrier under the command of Cadet Namotus. Although Namotus was just seconds away from completing the objective his ship was destroyed first.

The Insurgents were given a team score of 1500 EP and 70 ranking points to split between its team members for match one.

Wraith and the Insurgents played match two. Wraith was under the command of FC Dreada two substitutes were used to complete Wraiths team, which included.

[*]Dreada

[*]Zane Marlowe

[*]DennyMala

Insurgent team included:

[*]Chavik

[*]Dreadx

[*]Mordax

Match 2 was a very close one since both teams completed the objective. It came down to how the objective were completed and what type of carriers used that finally determined the out-come. The Insurgents won this match with a team score of 1500 EP and 85 ranking points compared to Wraiths team score of 1500 EP and 70 ranking points. The match would of went to Wraith had their Violon carrier steered clear of a hostile Gammulan Star station while under the command of Cmdr. Zane Marlowe.

Good job Cmdr. Dennymala as a substitute for Wraith for taking out the insurgent Nightstar carrier under the command of Chavik. Well-done Commanders!!

Match three was played by the Insurgents and Prime Fleet who again lost the fight but just barely this time thanks to a substitute player on Prime's team, which included.

[*]Marvin

[*]Namotus

[*]Shingen

insurgent team included:

[*]Mordax

[*]Chavik

[*]ShoHashi

In this match Shingen was destroyed by Mordax but came back to destroy ShoHashi after his respawn. The match ended because of the time limit without either team completing the objective, but after the score was tallied for the two kills the match went to the insurgents by 10 ranking points.

Match four took place between the ISS and the insurgents. The match went totally to the insurgents who completed the objective with one kill along the way. The ISS team consisted of the following players.

[*]Zane Marlowe

[*]Reed

[*]Namotus

Insurgent team included:

[*]Chavik

[*]Dreadx

[*]Shingen

During this match Shingen was the first to score with the kill of Cmdr Reed. Dreadx followed that up by destroying The ISS shuttle completing the match objective.

Well thatÔÇÖs it I had a blast gentlemen hope we can do it again soon check the database later for your complete stats.

Guest Shingen

Long live TDH!

30 minutes isn't near long enough for a good game of BC.

I had a blast none-the-less! When's the next one? TDH is gonna be there as well.

Had a blast. It was my first Teamspeak experience and I liked it.

Took a Screenshot in round 2 while we were waiting for everybody to get to their starting points (it's not my best but it's a spontanious one).

Comments:

Overall. As discussed online, 30 minutes is a bit short for a mp match.

First Match.

I was confused about this first match last night but since the game went on, I put it to the back of my head.

In the match, I took on the job of baby-sitting Sho's shuttle.

After much waiting I got the TISOT-message and went to station-1. There was a cloakie in the neighbourhood.

I saw the typical "out of nowhere"-firing and moved to intercept. Not the carrier but the firing arcs. The shuttle lost it's shields and some of it's armour.

Then I got hit several times but to my joy I saw the shuttle recover it's shields. I don't know if I succeeded in bringing my cruiser in Namotus' line of fire or that he choose to shoot at me (hopefully he can shed some light on that). Meanwhile, my turrets wouldn't engage the "unseen" foe so I turned about to get a ion-cannon firing solution on it. When firing upon Namotus, I saw our shuttle getting destroyed by him and seconds later Namotus blew up due to an overdose of starstation-turret-fire!!

Since I was firing upon Namotus at the time I told Sho via teamspeak that our shuttle was destroyed and that "I" had Namotus just a few seconds too late (it turned out resilient got him, not me). Looking at my mpchatclient log of the first match I found this:

quote:

Mon Aug 23 00:00:36 2004 SERVER TER/MIL Namotus (GCV-Polor-A01) moved from MP_CASTRINZ to MP_GAULANZ

Mon Aug 23 00:01:58 2004 SERVER Namotus (GCV-Polor-A01) entered hyperspace

Mon Aug 23 00:04:55 2004 SERVER Player Namotus (GCV-Polor-A01) destroyed by TER/INS RESILIENT

Mon Aug 23 00:04:04 2004 TER/INS ShoHashi Shuttle destroyed

The time stamp is for GMT+1 but it shows Sho's shuttled destroyed 51 seconds before Namotus got toasted.

Remo, could you please check what happened between Namotus's last jump and his demise?

In the second round I saw little action.

The third round was a spectator-round for me. Even this is fun. Listening in on your teams teamspeak channel trying to get a good overall picture of what is happening to them is great and the time (outside the game)flies by.

The fourth round was the carrier-round for me. My turn at placing the shuttle and do the cloak thingy. By this time Mordax and Sho were just too shot up to continue (credits to Shingen). In this round the Insurgents saw what mistake they had made in the past round. Correcting this mistake, no effort was spared in contracting Shingen of TDH to fight for our cause this time. The details of this contract are unknown to the general public but it is believed that the Insurgents needed to bring a handsome sum of credits as well as specific listed items before TDH started to show interest.

Fortunately for the Insurgents, it payed of.

While Chavik and Shingen took the Castrin-gate in search of game, I called an "All Hands" and informed my onboard crew of my intentions.

We would simply take the shortcut through flux01; jump to Palean; make faces at the Gammulan Starstation (the complete crew had a great time here); continue to Nzone; destroy a shuttle; head to Laststop for some maintenance and R&R.

Resnig was saying that he thought this wasn't a good idea and advised otherwise.

I said it didn't matter what he thought since I was going to let him personally take charge of the objective shuttle and maintain radio-silence.

Launched the shuttle with Resnig on board and went ahead as planned.

At the end of the day we were looking at each other's surprised faces that we actually pulled it of. Even Resnig survived.

Looking at the log file for this round, I later saw that Zane was pretty close himself by the time I nailed the shuttle. Like to read his story.

Like to take this opportunity to say big THANX to all ppl participating and putting in the effort to get this of the ground (and in to space) but to Remo a special big THANX for his performance as "Master of Ceremony" for the match.

[ 08-23-2004, 09:16 AM: Message edited by: dreadx ]

My two cents:

Had a blast yesterday! Wasn't difficult to stay awake at all!

Match One: We (and I am not sure I should be telling this, LOL!) had some difficulties navigating to the correct system.

Once we found out we were pursuing the wrong location and decided to go back we stumbled upon the Galcom taskforce! LOL!

Match Two: This time we took a more direct approach and as far as I know we didn't have too much diffculties other than the 'warping' of players when getting close.

It seems as if the 'warping' only occurs when there's heavy gunfire/fighting going on, otherwise I never saw any 'warping' users.

Chav and I had a nice fight with Denny, while Deada snook up on us from behind.

Chav unfortunately got wacked and shortly after that I was running on only electrical power also, but the timelimit saved my ***!

30 minutes is indeed too little time for a nice complete UC/BCM game. Next time 45 might be worth trying.

Match 3: Ooh.. this was my final, but very sweet match! I got the carrier this time and after mission start we decided to launch a full blown attack. The nimble cruisers went ahead and cleared a corridor as I was able to sneak through several systems.

Shingen was guarding a jump point and because a calculation error on my side I only had 3mins cloaking fuel left. I dunno if he ever saw me, but strangely enough I could get through quite easily all the way to Galcom's shuttle...

While firing at it, trying to destroy the prey the timelimit kicked in and we had to cease fire with a big: "Awwwww......! ".

All in all a VERY cool game and I am greatly looking forward to the next one!

And @others: please do post your findings soon!

As you say Mordax it was a blast!!!

I was fighting furiously with Chavik and you when Chav's CC blow up ending the game; it was a ONE on TWO engagement and even now I can't find how I manage to survive and give you both some pounding....