MP Match Time Limits.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Mordax Blyrr:

Is there going to be a dicussion ... can we start now?

If you have any specific examples from last week's game play, now would probably be a good time to state them. Of course, yesterday might've been even better.

I forget what I voted for but I know it had Rules of Engagement in it.

It seems to me that 45 mins to an hour "should" be plenty of time to play the ROE* as we played it. However, I can imagine instances where a time limit would severely restrict gameplay.

Therefore as long as the ROE states what the game time is it should all be good.

* I specifically avoided calling our stuff a scenario because scenario is stated in the VCF as a scripted game.

Guest Remo Williams

The author of the ROE for a match needs to test how long it takes to complete the objective then add a little extra time for racking up some points for the players.

45 minutes would of been good for ROE code named "Operation Shuttle Strike", that we used last weekend. 30 min just barely allowed time for the objective to be completed. With 15 more minutes there would have been a few more casualties I'm sure.

We started testing out a new ROE this evening BTW named: Operation Transport Slam. If anyone would like to drop by Primes training session this Sunday you can help us play test it so when we hold another fleet meet will have two ROE we can use.

What time will that session be?

If it is a good time for me I will most definitely be there since it would seem that I need some major practice and since I haven't been playing much this would be a great opertunity to try a few more different class ships.

So give me a time and I will try to make it there.

I see the most results are for the "Let the ROE define the timelimit, but no more than 1 hr." which is good.

No timelimit might make people play the hideing game too much killing all the action.

Indeed the ROE should define a time in which the task should normally be able to be accomplished plus a penalty to cover unforseen items, different playstyle, etc.