Fleet Meets, Tournaments, Championships

Guest Remo Williams

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Remo Williams

Ok fellow fleet leaders the poll ends tomorrow on this topic. Lets all look over the results when it ends and meet this Sunday to make our final decisions and put together the document that outlines the tournament and championship process if we decide to go that direction anyway. If youÔÇÖre unable to make it Sunday just send me your opinion on the data via PM.

Thanks

Remo Out!

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by DennyMala:

(OOT) Nice new avatar REMO....the Flaming Balrog....might be a nice name for your second ship...

LOL! Yep thats me lately the Flaming Balrog. I'll be glad when this MP stuff is all worked out. I'll use that as a ship name if I login to a server as a Raider.

Just a reminder fleet leaders meeting tomorrow at 13:00hrs PDT. I don't feel like posting the time for all the zones so use this link to figure it out.

World time clock

PDT = GMT -7

The meeting will start at 20:00hrs GMT. Use the GMT Time Converter at http://greenwichmeantime.com/ to find the start time in your zone.

Dreada, you are correct. 22:00 CEST for Jamont, 21:00 BST/WEST for you.

Hope to see you all there.

Guest Remo Williams

No I think he could hear some of what we were discussing.

Overall it was a productive session we were able to finalize on a few subjects. If any of the FL that didn't attend has any objections weÔÇÖll address them as they arise, but for now were going to go with the decisions that were made today.

This year is a special case considering how far we are into the year so this is the game plan for this shorten season. We will hold a Fleet meet every two weeks that will give all teams or players a chance to play a maximum of three matches per meet.

We will kick off the season on Sept. 12th and it will run until Dec. 1st. Once we reach the cut off date for the season the players or teams will be announced that will be going on to the tournament that will be held on Dec. 11th.

Once the tournament winners are decide we will hold the year end championship on Dec. 19th that will be a series of three matches the best two out of three will decide the championship team or player for the year.

Here is the schedule for the remainder of this year. All meets will start at 19:00hrs GMT

[*]Sept. 12th Fleets Meet

[*]Sept. 26th Fleets Meet

[*]Oct. 10th Fleets Meet

[*]Oct. 24th Fleets Meet

[*]Nov. 7th Fleets Meet

[*]Nov. 21st Fleets Meet

[*]Dec. 1st end of season tournament participants announced

[*]Dec. 11th tournament held

[*]Dec. 19th Championship held

[*]Jan. 1st new season begins.

Thanks everyone for your patience while this was all worked out.

Just a suggestion for the fleets during the weekends that there is no meet scheduled this would be a great time to get some practice in with your fleet and workout tactics for the coming meet.

Prime is in the process now of setting up teams for MP that fit our organizational structure. That way the same members from Prime play as a team each match. This will allow us to run a team-based tournament from our fleets instead of a playerÔÇÖs tournament. If this isnÔÇÖt incorporated into the other fleets then it looks like we will be running a player-based Tournament and Championship.

quote:

Originally posted by DREADA:

LOL, are you being sarcastic?

LOL! No, Dreada. I seriously had a productive time.

quote:

Originally posted by Remo Williams:

No I think he could hear some of what we were discussing.

Actually, Remo, I didn't hear a thing the whole time - not even the sound of switching channels or sending/receiving text.

However, Dreada and Marvin sent many text messages to me (especially Marvin). He taught me how to sent private text messages. When there was about an hour and a half period without any contact at all, I read some captivating RP. Near the end of the meeting, Marvin informed me of a few details and asked of my opinion.

Despite my system difficulties, I felt accepted, wanted, and had a positive time.

Thanks for the info, Remo! The comming MP season, though short, will be a blast.

BTW, triple digit posting for me!

Edit: Chavik, Sho, we missed you guys.

quote:

Edit: Chavik, Sho, we missed you guys.

I apologize. I KNEW I shouldn't have taken that wild hair to trim the hedges. Then with all the scraps on the ground I realized I had no way to tote them around to the back. My father has commandeered my cart so I went to a friend's house and borrowed one of hers.

Then after I loaded it up she was out at the pool starting to get it ready for the Labor Day party which I will attend tomorrow. Well I just had to help. We put the the skimmer hose on a brush and I vacuum scrubbed the pool. After I got tired she took over and I took a manual skimmer on a pole and skimmed most of the big stuff off the top. Then after vacuuming we backwashed the pump and added more diatemacious earth to it. Then we put the automatic vacuum thing on the hose (affectionately known as scruffy) and let scruffy do his job.

Then we were so hot from scrubbing the pool we went swimming. It's cold. It's been so wet and relatively cool and she had to add three inches of water it was like 76 degrees. After the initial shock though it wasn't too bad.

Deep breath

Then as we were drying off the brother's girlfriend came out and we started talking. THEN I was just about to beg off when they offered me dinner.

Ain't life FUN? I posted that somewhere else just recently but just had to repeat it.

And hopefully that was much more interesting than a lame "I completely forgot".

quote:

Once the tournament winners are decide we will hold the year end championship

I don't watch sports so I am rather vague on these terms. Does this mean that a fleet will win a tournament and be declared winner then the best players will play a championship?

IE Insurgents win tournament. Jamotto wins chamionship?

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

I don't watch sports so I am rather vague on these terms. Does this mean that a fleet will win a tournament and be declared winner then the best players will play a championship?

IE Insurgents win tournament. Jamotto wins chamionship?

If thats the way you want it Chav talk to Marvin. He is Prime's newly appointed MP coordinator for inter-fleet operations. I'm sure you guys can work it out.

quote:

If thats the way you want it Chav talk to Marvin. He is Prime's newly appointed MP coordinator for inter-fleet operations. I'm sure you guys can work it out.

When did that happen? And yes, I do check the Prime site.

Guest Shingen

Remo, there ain't no way to PM you man!

I got a question about TDH and your "scenarios" for Sunday. I don't figure that first one with the shuttle will work for a straight TDH team.

No carriers.

quote:

Originally posted by Remo Williams:

Here is the schedule for the remainder of this year. All meets will start at 19:00hrs GMT

It will be a problem for me to connect at 19.00 GMT as this will be dinner time with my grandma and my uncle; it's a weekly encounter and I cannot change it....

I'll have to join you at about 20.00 GMT.

If it's not a problem me and my assigned teammates can take part at the second round.

I'll post this in the PF forum too so that if there 'is someone else more confortable with my desired time we can come up with a team spontaneously...

quote:

Originally posted by DREADA:

Is everything still good for Sunday? I need to organise Wraith.

I'd like to know as well. Is this thing going or is it toast?

What's the deal Remo?

Long on TeamSpeak. Short on game time.

We did manage to scrape together four players for a rather impromptu scenario ... one that would play fairly for both GalCom and raiders.

Congratulations to Shingen for sneaking his shuttle past me and Denny while his trusty sidekick, Jamotto, held down the fort. Can't say all that practice at sending an AI shuttle planetside, without it crashing into the topsoil like some NASA probes we could name, went for naught.

Chalk up one for the raiders.

So who may I ask is in control of the MP Scenario play now since Remo seems to have left us all in the dark on what his intentions are and without any word on what is going to happen with the MP Scenarios?

I assumed there wasn't going to be a match this week since dreada asked two days ago what was happening with this MP stuff without any reply back on what was going to happen today.