Fleet Meets, Tournaments, Championships

Guest Remo Williams

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Remo Williams

The Results for the yearly Fleets Tournament are in along with a Winner of the year-end Players Championship.

Today ISS fleet went up against the Insurgents in the final at the FleetÔÇÖs Tournament. ISS Bested their enemy in two out of three matches taking the Win for the best all around fleet for 2004. Congratulation ISS, smooth win for a cool fleet! Now lets see if they retain their title in 2005.

At the players championship Chavik faced Ben Zwycky in a first round match up. While Dreada forfeited to Marvin for a first round victory. Ben took out Chavik after two rounds of play moving to the finals against Marvin for the year-end championship match. Although Marvin gave it a valiant effort Ben took the win in just two matches avoiding a third tie Breaker match.

Congratulations Ben youÔÇÖve proven that youÔÇÖre the best of the best for 2004. Not only are you the Players Champion, you lead your fleet to the number 1 position for 2004 way to go man.

Better luck next year guys itÔÇÖs now time to get ready for the 2005 season which will kickoff on January 30th. A schedule for the first official meet in 2005 will be posted about two weeks prior to the meet. A few new rules will be implemented prior to the first meet along with a bunch of new match R.O.E.

Now if you guys have the time make sure you post your AAR over at GHQ RP Archive.

Good season men see you all next year!

quote:

grr.... missed it but then again family was here

Sorry you couldn't be there, Eclipse! We had a ball! No problem, though, we'll go for the title next year!

For those of you that missed the tournament, I believe if you are registered over at GalCom Headquarters, you can probably read the MP Client logs from the tournament. Correct me if I'm wrong, Remo.

Well, the 2004 season of the MP tournaments has close with the Best Fleet 2004 going to ISS and the Best Player 2004 going to Ben.

I want to take the time to thank Remo for playing a major part in organizing these meets and tournament along with Marvin. I also want to thank Gordon for his work in the Shuttle Strike ROE, as well as Chavik and other fleet members in testing the different ROEs.

Thanks also go out to all fleet members (Dreadx, Dreada, Eclipse, etc,) who took the time to compete.

This year was basically a "trial and error" type of year for MP tournaments. But throughout the year, we learned what would work and what would not work as far as rules and ROEs.

And in the future, I'm certain we will continue to evolve the different aspects of MP tournaments and continue to overcome any difficulties that may arise.

Finally, I'd like to thank Derek, for without UC we would never have been able to organize and compete in these tournaments.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

For those of you that missed the tournament, I believe if you are registered over at GalCom Headquarters, you can probably read the MP Client logs from the tournament. Correct me if I'm wrong, Remo.

Thats correct you'll be able to find it in the "Fleet Meets" - "Match Logs" Archive. this evening at Galcom Online.

quote:

Thanks also go out to all fleet members (Dreadx, Dreada, Eclipse, etc,) who took the time to compete.

Yes thank you, its the players that are building this system from scratch. With all the suggestion on improvement were going to run smooth in the 2005 season.

quote:

Finally, I'd like to thank Derek, for without UC we would never have been able to organize and compete in these tournaments.

Indeed!

Yeah, thanks for taking part guys, I'm looking forward to a little rest and then getting ready for next season- bigger, better and scarier.

Thanks to Marvin for a great final match

I was sooo nervous before we got started, but I had to live up to our reputation as Galcom's elite praetorian guard, now, didn't I?

Be afraid, if you are an enemy of Galcom, ISS will find you...

If you want to be the best, join ISS!!

quote:

Originally posted by ShoHashi:

...I'd like to thank Derek, for without UC we would never have been able to organize and compete in these tournaments.

Also, without Derek's MP game servers, the going would've been a lot tougher.

So, thanks boss. And thanks, too, to the players who wandered onto the server and into our match ... and then graciously logged off.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Cc:

Humm....how about a fleet vs non fleet challenge?

Thats not sanctioned by the league. Become a member of the league by joining a Fleet in one of the 4 official Alliances and have some fun with the rest of us.

Is http://www.primefleet.com/Pages/stats_board.htm still the correct site to look at? It still has me listed as the top player in the tournament (?). There are two matches that need to be added the best I can remember.

I am bitter at myself about my loss to Ben in the championship. Same connection as me. Comparable computer to me. He's just better. Frustrating. Grrrrr.

Congrats Ben

Otherwise the same as everyone else said. Thanks to all who participated and thanks to Derek.

It was great fun. There is something thrilling about turning the chat window off and only listening to your teammates via teamspeak.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Is
still the correct site to look at? It still has me listed as the top player in the tournament (?). There are two matches that need to be added the best I can remember.

That was for the regular season matches it doesn't and won't reflect the tournament or championship. I'm setting up a league stats ladder over at GHQ its in the testing phase right now, but should be up before the next season begins.

Also check out the new TS webpost I've setup for GalCom, very cool!

• 5 months later...

quote:

Originally posted by Cc:

Humm....how about a fleet vs non fleet challenge?

Good match today. Balor got five kills. Woulda been six but the guys reactor blew and the game did not give credit for the kill. It was decided long ago we go by the game's decisions. I accept that but am putting an asterick.

It probably seemed like I was picking on Remo but he was the most opportune target each time.

That still counts as a team kill (for comparing number of kills to decide who won the match), the individual points for that kill being shared equally by all members of your team taking part in the match.