Fleet Meets, Tournaments, Championships

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by DennyMala:

However just to get back on topic...I suggest we shut down the PTA on the fleet matches (and Marvin will hate me for this.....sorry chief... ) and allow the use of missiles....hoping that this will reduce the spinning effect we were seeing....

While that is a good suggestion, it will only serve to mask the problem. I want to be able to (this weekend) see and experience the problem for myself so that I know what you folks are talking about.

Also, without having to disable PTA in the code, all people on the server could simply turn off their PTA system and run the tests that way. The PTA system won't fire unless it is active; I think you all know that by now, so I shouldn't have to do anything in this regard.

I was just suggesting to shut down the PTA system manually...not in the code (it can be useful out of fleet matches... ).

I agree with you SC about this week end meeting upon leaving the PTA turrets on so you can get a clear picture of the situation....maybe we shall consider my advice for the next matches...

I still think that fighters must stay in their bays.... too many AIs around will not get any good, and beside it could be a too big advantage for a carrier commander VS any other ship...

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I get killed in one of those matches? I thought I would have noticed that. I also thought I killed chavik and denny in the free-for-all, so if they counted I should be on 5 kills, if not, I should be on 3, but I'm listed as having 4 kills and 1 death. I'm confused.

Guest Shingen

The number of TDH matches is wrong as well. I know raiders have played more then 2 matches, and have even won more then 2 matches for that matter.

Also, my logs for the last matches (Nov. 7th) doesn't show any Player kills, just Zane getting killed by a station. These are the same logs I sent to Remo, and they haven't been altered. Also, are we counting kills after the objective is completed or not? I don't think we've ever counted them yet, have we?

Ben, I can sent them to you if you want. I think Remo has the server logs for mission1, but since we changed to server2, I have only client-side logs for mission2.

We might need to find a way to archive logs, and have more then one person logging the games.

[ 11-12-2004, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: Shingen ]

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Ben Zwycky:

Did I get killed in one of those matches? I thought I would have noticed that. I also thought I killed chavik and denny in the free-for-all, so if they counted I should be on 5 kills, if not, I should be on 3, but I'm listed as having 4 kills and 1 death. I'm confused.

The server logs show you being destroyed but not by whom which is odd. As far as Denny and or chavik being destroyed by you. I saw chavik but not Denny so I'll have to go back and look again before I'll say one way or the other on that one.

heres a quote from the Oct. 24th mission 1 log.

quote:

Sun Oct 24 15:07:59 2004 SERVER TER/INS Marvin (ICV-ASIMOV) moved from MP_CASTRINZ to MP_FORONZ

Sun Oct 24 15:08:01 2004 SERVER Player [iSS] Ben Zwycky (GCV-Svoboda) destroyed

Sun Oct 24 15:08:26 2004 SERVER Chavik (ICV-Phoenix) entered hyperspace

As you can see it says you were destroyed but not by what or whom.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Is there going to be a match this Sunday, or is it still on the 21st?

This Sunday is the next meet and the SC is to attend so we will not change are weopons rules so the SC can see exactly what we've seen.

quote:

Are we also going to implement Chavik's suggestion of a "Free-for-all" after the ROE objectives are completed, or just end the match as we've been doing?

The matches end when the objectives are complete. In the two ROE that we have anyway. If you guys would like a free for all ROE thats easy enough to document. As a matter of fact we will be having a free for all so to speak in the first match this meet so the action will be contained in one region and make it easy for the SC to keep track of without having to chase one of the groups half way across the universe.

quote:

The server logs show you being destroyed but not by whom which is odd.

Not at all. Documented in the VCF.

quote:

21. If your CC is destroyed due to a reactor shutdown or similar mishap unrelated to being destroyed by another client or NPC, the server will not send a message because it doesn't handle that situation. You will just respawn as normal and other clients will see you as reconnecting, not knowing what happened.
This usually happens if you took serious combat damage and your nuclear reactor goes South and self-destructs.

If I damage Ben enough so that I do not destroy him immediately but his reactor later blows it is just registered as a destroyed. Kinda like the bullet not killing you but the gangrene does.

Also, If I were to sign in as simply a fighter I am "Chavik [NONE]". Dunno about piloting one of my own. Never paid attention.

I would also like to retract my suggestion about a free for all after objectives. Not fair to those waiting on the sidelines.

Guest Remo Williams

As per ShingenÔÇÖs suggestion I'm going to setup an archive at GalCom online in the next few days that contains all match logs. Also available there will be all official ROE, the scoring system rules, the score sheet, TS procedures, and Match procedures. Everything that we have or that we create for MP will be archived there in one place. I suggest that other fleets keep one too as a backup of the main archive at GalCom Online.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Chavik:

quote:

The server logs show you being destroyed but not by whom which is odd.

Not at all. Documented in the VCF.

quote:

21. If your CC is destroyed due to a reactor shutdown or similar mishap unrelated to being destroyed by another client or NPC, the server will not send a message because it doesn't handle that situation. You will just respawn as normal and other clients will see you as reconnecting, not knowing what happened.
This usually happens if you took serious combat damage and your nuclear reactor goes South and self-destructs.

If I damage Ben enough so that I do not destroy him immediately but his reactor later blows it is just registered as a destroyed. Kinda like the bullet not killing you but the gangrene does.

Also, If I were to sign in as simply a fighter I am "Chavik [NONE]". Dunno about piloting one of my own. Never paid attention.

I would also like to retract my suggestion about a free for all after objectives. Not fair to those waiting on the sidelines.

Ok that explains that. In that case it would only count as a death for the player but not a kill for the person inflicting the damage, since there is no way to verify whom struct the death blow. Does that sound fair?

Thanks Chavik for retracting that suggestion. We will setup a ROE where that is allowed though with a time limit if you like?

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Shingen:

So that means kills AFTER the completion of the objective ARE NOT scored, unless specified in the ROE?

Correct, the match is announced as over in the chat log by the scorekeeper upon completion of the objective in our current available ROE.

In future ROE we could state that the match proceeds for a set time after the objective is complete. We can even rewrite the current available ROE to include this if two thirds of the Fleet leaders want it so. As Chavik said though for those waiting in the lobby for their match it wouldn't be very fair to extend a ROE that already consumes about 45 minutes of game time.

Gentlemen, there should be no matches on the server when I'm on it tomorrow. I'm sure that you folks can organize a scenario whereby I can see what the heck is going on without having to keep track of your usual fleet related shenanigans.

I will stay for about an hour and after that, you folks can start your usual fleet related stuff.

Also, I don't need any weapons changes; you guys should be playing exactly as you have done in the past.

Make sure also that everyone is running the game in fullscreen mode.

I also need the FLs to send me a PM advising me of the connection that each participating member is on e.g. DSL/Cable (how fast? 256K, 512 etc), Dial-Up etc

I didn't get a scratch in that match, but I was having big connection problems (my radar wasn't seeing anything, not even the stations) so I disconnected and respawned during the match to solve the problem, (which it did), so maybe it registered that as me being destroyed, or I maybe used self-destruct to respawn (which I doubt).

Anyway with Denny and Chavik, they were both in fighters and I was pounding away at them both with my PTA, then they just disappeared and in my log they just disconnected, though in the after-match chat later they said I'd killed them.

Never mind,

I'll be there tomorrow at 1900 GMT

Just a note, Shingen's right that I WAS destroyed by a station, but that was after the match was over, and I did it on purpose since the ROE said it wouldn't count and I was experimenting with something. So I HOPE that's not reflected in the current info.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Ben Zwycky:

I didn't get a scratch in that match, but I was having big connection problems (my radar wasn't seeing anything, not even the stations) so I disconnected and respawned during the match to solve the problem, (which it did), so maybe it registered that as me being destroyed, or I maybe used self-destruct to respawn (which I doubt).

Anyway with Denny and Chavik, they were both in fighters and I was pounding away at them both with my PTA, then they just disappeared and in my log they just disconnected, though in the after-match chat later they said I'd killed them.

Never mind,

I'll be there tomorrow at 1900 GMT

Ok well I do show them disconnectiong in the log and all I have to go by for official verifcation is the log so I'm sorry if the log is different than your recollection, but theres nothing I can do. I will try to figure out what we can do in these situation maybe a screen shot would help when you kill someone since it also has a time stamp. I'll think about it more and try to figure something out Ben.

quote:

Just a note, Shingen's right that I WAS destroyed by a station, but that was after the match was over, and I did it on purpose since the ROE said it wouldn't count and I was experimenting with something. So I HOPE that's not reflected in the current info.

Its not!

quote:

Gentlemen, there should be no matches on the server when I'm on it tomorrow. I'm sure that you folks can organize a scenario whereby I can see what the heck is going on without having to keep track of your usual fleet related shenanigans.

I will stay for about an hour and after that, you folks can start your usual fleet related stuff.

Also, I don't need any weapons changes; you guys should be playing exactly as you have done in the past.

Make sure also that everyone is running the game in fullscreen mode.

I also need the FLs to send me a PM advising me of the connection that each participating member is on e.g. DSL/Cable (how fast? 256K, 512 etc), Dial-Up etc

All were going to do Boss is have six players login to the server as usual using the same weopons rules that we've been using and try to kill each other in a free for all match. The free for all will occur in the Procon region near the tapestran jump gate. GalCom players will launch from Paladian and Insurgents will launch from Farpoint and jump into Procon where they will meet GalCom at the gate. We won't be keeping score or anything but trying to kill each other.

I'll collect all the connection info as we log players into the server. So what I need each player to do when he logs into the server is state your name, connection type, and speed into chat message sent to all player. So I'll have it in my client side chat log to PM to the SC

So it will appear as follows.

Remo williams - Cable - 3.8 MBit per second

quote:

Originally posted by Remo Williams:

All were going to do Boss is have six players login to the server as usual using the same weopons rules that we've been using and try to kill each other in a free for all match. The free for all will occur in the Procon region near the tapestran jump gate. GalCom players will launch from Paladian and Insurgents will launch from Farpoint and jump into Procon where they will meet GalCom at the gate. We won't be keeping score or anything but trying to kill each other.

This will be the fleet server btw, not the other two public servers, right?

Remo (and all FLs in the Beta program), check Area 51. I have released a Beta of the games channel app which we will use tomorrow for pre- and post- chat. I was going to modify UC so that you can launch into the fleet server from it, but I took one look at the [uC] multiplayer code and went .... nah, ah. I then went to take a nap.

ONLY the [six] people (and any other Beta testers who just want to mess around with it) who are part of this meet should have access to that GameCQ lobby. NOBODY else.

Guest Remo Williams

Ok the first five regular fleet participants to respond after this post will be allowed on server 2 for the first match with the SC. I will be the sixth player. Whom ever is not in the beta program of those 5 responding members will receive an email from me containing the Beta release of the Game lobby. The email will contain installation instruction.

We will meet in the lobby 15 minutes prior to match time for pre-match instructions. When the match is over we will return to the lobby for post match discussion. Here is the match time for three time zones. If youÔÇÖre not in one of those zones I hope you can figure out the correct time for your zone from the ones listed.

7:00pm GMT. - 2:00PM EST. - 11:00AM PST.

As soon as the test match is complete for the SC we'll start our regularly scheduled meet.

Remo Out!

Guest Remo Williams

Ok Shingen I sent you the beta release of the Game Lobby along with instructions to your email address.

Now all we need is one more player for the test match.