Guest Remo Williams

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Quazar:

I can attend, even though I am still officially on leave. I will need the password for the Fleet server and any other required info.

Ok I'll send you the password for the fleet server, but since you've never attend a match before I'll have to send the lobby only to Zane since he has attend the last match and a few others.

Although you are an Alliance leader maybe SC would say otherwise so I'll let him make the call on this one. As soon as he see this and if he responds I'll send you the lobby on his go ahead other wise I'm going to send it to Zane. I'm sorry but I have to follow the rules its nothing-personal Quazar but I'm sure you know that.

I look forward to seeing you in match 2 tomorrow though.

Guest Remo Williams

Thats correct, I'm sending Zane the lobby for the test match.

The test match will included the following Fleet members.

Chavik

Shohashi

Dreada

Shingen

Zane Marlowe

Remo Williams

No one else will be allowed on the fleet server during the test match except of course the SC. Anyone else that logs in and screws up our test just keep in mind the person that keeps the code to the airlock door will be on hand.

quote:

Originally posted by Remo Williams:

Ok I'll send you the password for the fleet server,...

Thanks. I got the PM.

quote:

...but since you've never attend a match before I'll have to send the lobby only to Zane since he has attend the last match and a few others.

No problem at all, Remo. Zane has indeed been active more recently than myself.

quote:

Originally posted by Zane Marlowe:

...apparently Quazar's going to start showing up to fleet matches. Hope you're going to make this a regular habit if you're going to get the lobby app.

Not necessarily, Zane. First, my RL is crazy right now. Secondly, though Remo's screen shot of the Lobby does look cool, I can afford to wait until next year for the official release. It just so happens that I found time this evening to test UC Multi-Player on my new machine.

quote:

No one else will be allowed on the fleet server during the test match except of course the SC.

Thank you for the heads up. How long will the test match last? When should I login for the official match?

Guest Remo Williams

The test match will last about 1 hour. Login to the teamspeak server that I gave you the info for we will all meet there after the test match before we start match two.

Wow this topic is getting long starting on page 9 now.

Got it. That would be 20:00 GMT (12:00 PST). There is no microphone on my new machine but we will find out if I can at least hear others.

quote:

Wow this topic is getting long starting on page 9 now.

I must concur! Perhaps each match needs a dedicated topic.

Guest Remo Williams

I'll have the TS server up at the regular scheduled time for the remaining fleet matches after the test match. I reinstalled my OS so everyone will have to re-register with the TS server. The TS server password is: Prime2Kill (case senstive)

The regular matches will begin right after the test match at approx. 8:00PM GMT.

quote:

Hehe, love the new game lobby as a matter of fact I'm posting this from inside the lobby. You can chat, browse 3000ad.com, and much much more from one interface very cool indeed.

Game lobby screen shot!

check out the screen shot of the lobby interface above.

btw, from that screen shot, it looks like you minimized then opened it. When you do that, the second button bar will move to the next row. You can just click on the bar to the left of it and then drag it back up. This is a bug that Palestar is aware of and will be fixing it soon.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Hehe, love the new game lobby as a matter of fact I'm posting this from inside the lobby. You can chat, browse 3000ad.com, and much much more from one interface very cool indeed.

check out the screen shot of the lobby interface above.

btw, from that screen shot, it looks like you minimized then opened it. When you do that, the second button bar will move to the next row. You can just click on the bar to the left of it and then drag it back up. This is a bug that Palestar is aware of and will be fixing it soon.

Heh, yep that's exactly what I did. It was easy to move it back though as you said. Not an issue for me, but it may bother some to have to keep moving it back up to the top.

quote:

eg. Dreada[Wraith]_512 or Dreada[Wraith]_56

Sounds fine to me, that is until it's implemented into the list of players as discussed.

I had a very fun an enlightening time myself. ThatÔÇÖs the biggest turn out we've had so far. At one point the teamspeak lobby was completely full since I had it limited to 16 players.

One thing is for sure SC sure can draw a crowd. I think I'll sell tickets next time. (Just kidding of course) LOL!

quote:

Originally posted by DennyMala:

I'll be showing up at 20.00 GMT if nothing get wrong....sorry, I can't join sooner (as usual).

Seems like this has brought bad luck my way; we were under a heavy wind storm in the past two days....almost since friday night and something must have messed with the telephone line in the later afternoon; I checked the forum in the afternoon as usual but then when I got to connect for the match after dinner I found my telephone isolated.

Well saturday night we were forced to take a detour to get back home because the road was blocked by a couple of trees fallen on it (and on a car that was passing by...) so I guess the same thing happened with the phone.

Hopefully it will be fixed in the morning.

Guest Shingen

For the record, it's pronounced Shin-gen (hard G, short E), not Shin-jin.

I had a blast yesterday decimating Derek's Warmonger, even though he finally killed me with his automated PTAs (you had to be there).

I'm glad he finally got to see the things first-hand we've been trying to explain to him. Once that 56k cap is taken out, I think this game in MP, is going to be what it should be.

Guest Shingen

What do you guys think about disabling PTAs for the next few matches?

It does help to reduce the overall "spinning" and "jumping", and I think it would make the next few matches better, as far as combat is concerned.

I haven't really noticed any problems using missles, so maybe we can switch off PTAs and instead use missles.

What do you all think?

Guest Shingen

I haven't really noticed any problems using fighters either, though I've only tried it with a few players online.

Anyone wanna test fighters against a cruiser?

Guest Shingen

Well, that's not what I've been seeing.

Any Commander worth his salt doesn't really fear AI fighters, especialy in a cruiser.

Carriers maybe, but my Sunflash can decimate fighters anyday.

Guest Shingen

Dreada, empty you PMs.

No, I was referring to AI fighters, not player fighters, manually controlled.

I've had up to 8 AI fighters launched against me by players, and there wasn't any "spinning" or "jumping" on my end or theirs. The server seems to handle AI pretty good.

Though I was actually killed, but it was 8 against 1.

PTAs seem to be causing the biggest issues, so if we can substitute missles and fighters, or just main-guns, I think we can really have a good match.

Guest Shingen

What's wrong with changing the ROEs? Since most teams are comprised of 1 carrier and 2 cruisers, what's the problem with using fighters?

TDH would be left out, but I know we could handle anything you guys throw at us.

quote:

Originally posted by Shingen:

Someone needs to close this thread and start a new one. It's taking waay too long to load with 9 pages.

I feel sorry for the guys on dial-up.

All you have to do is load the last page; the other 8 pages are not loaded.