Fleet Meets, Tournaments, Championships

Guest Remo Williams

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Ben Zwycky:

...but if cap ships can't use PTA, wouldn't fighters have a massive advantage?

Yes. Anybody who thinks otherwise needs to go back to single-player and try taking out a fleet of fighters ... without employing the PTA and making good use of its sweet spots.

Match 2 yesterday was sweet. A textbook one on one engagement between me and Denny, both in Starcarriers, both on European 56K, no upgrades, no headstarts, playably smooth with our new ROE's, and a textbook result (for me, anyway ) I wasn't sure whether my armour was scratched by his main guns, or whether it was just me denting my nose ramming into him. Of course, that textbook is classified

Guest Remo Williams

Heh, I donÔÇÖt know what was worse Marvin jumping to a hostile station un-cloaked in match 1, or me getting excited and alt-tab out of the game in mid-battle in match 2.

Regardless the results were the same a clear victory for the Insurgents.

One thing I did notice though was that our change in ROE for the matches almost totally eliminated the warping effect we were getting when going head to head with another player.

It sure was cool thatÔÇÖs for sure. I'm looking forward to the next meet. I'm almost done with a ROE for one of the specialized fleets. Need to start testing it this week probably. I'm going to start a topic on ROE when I'm ready to start testing.

quote:

Originally posted by Ben Zwycky:

Match 2 yesterday was sweet. A textbook one on one engagement between me and Denny, both in Starcarriers, both on European 56K, no upgrades, no headstarts, playably smooth with our new ROE's, and a textbook result (for me, anyway ) I wasn't sure whether my armour was scratched by his main guns, or whether it was just me denting my nose ramming into him. Of course, that textbook is classified

I'm almost sure I rammed into you at least once....then suddenly my shields gone down and while trying to arm a full salvo of missiles on FATAL....Ben got me...

'Twas an unconventional evening, to be sure, but it bodes well for the future, playably smooth for two guys on 56K duking it out even with two other ships in the region.

MP fleet matches just got a whole lot more interesting.

Guest Remo Williams

As we discussed at the last fleet meet this years UC Fleet tournament will be postponed 1 week. The event will now take place on Sunday 12-19-04 at 19:00hrs GMT. instead of Sunday 12-12-04 to accommodate more participants.

Please inform your fleets of the date change. We look forward to seeing you all there to compete in the 1st of many tournaments to come.

At the tournament the 4 highest ranking fleets will square off in a series of 3 matches each. The two fleets that emerge from their matches with a best two out of three will dual each other in 1 final match. The Fleet that wins this match will be endorsed by all as the #1 fleet in the UC universe for 2004.

As a quick reminder the UC Fleet Players Championship is still scheduled for Sunday 12-26-04 at 19:00hrs GMT. In this event the four top ranked fleet members will meet for a series of 3 matches each. The players that take the best two out of three matches will face each other in a final showdown. The victor of the final match will be crowned Top Gun for the 2004 UC season.

Thanks to all of you for your active involvement in this seasons play. With out you all none of this would have been possible.

Special thanks to Derek and his 3000AD team for an outstanding MP game! We all love you man!!(Big Grin)

If there are any questions or reservations please let us all know what your thinking.

Guest Remo Williams

The next, and last regular fleet meet for this season is scheduled for 12-5-04 at 19:00hrs GMT.

I'm not sure what your talking about as far as roll call for the championship, since there is no roll call for the championship.

Edit in: Looks like we're on page 10 now everyone make sure you read this post on page 9.

OK, Dreada, that'll be your last chance to catch me in the ratings, since I won't be there.

What about the scores from the last match? I know we agreed to scratch match 1, but what about match 2?

quote:

Originally posted by Remo Williams:

The next, and last regular fleet meet for this season is scheduled for 12-5-04 at 19:00hrs GMT.

I'm not sure what your talking about as far as roll call for the championship, since there is no roll call for the championship.

Edit in:
Looks like we're on page 10 now everyone make sure you read
this post
on page 9.

Well I was referring to the annoucement of the participating fleets and players to the final phase as a roll call...I might have just confused everyone.....sorry guys.

Ok so we'll meet on 12/5 for the last fleet match of the season.

Guest Remo Williams

LOL! Dreada you relize there is a large bullseye on your hull now. Keep an eye out on those friendly close to the number 4 slot wanting into the championship.

OH I see Dennymala!

I'll get it out today Ben I guess I didn't want to score my screwup match very fast. LOL!

BTW I realized that I should be entering the ranking score into the DB not the ranking position. Whenever an admin pulls up a list of players by ranking it puts the person in last place which has the higest position marker ie. #12 at the top of the list and goes down in reverse order to #1. LOL! I'll fix that today also.

Well, we'll see, Dreada. I have another kill to add from match 2, so you'll need at least two on the 5th to overtake me. Anyway, the real test will be the individual tournament, which I'm looking forward to.

quote:

Originally posted by Remo Williams:

The meet doesn't start until 19:00hrs GMT. Then we all join the teamspeak server not the UC server before the matches begin.

Isn't it 19:21 GMT now? I must be screwed up. I can get into the ISS TS server but not the 3000AD one?

Dang I suck!