Fleet Meets, Tournaments, Championships

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Zane Marlowe:

Rip, look for Prime fleet west in your server filter (use "Prime"), that's normally what we use for an alternate TS server. Not your fault.

OK, got it where I can see it. But I'm using the wrong password apparently.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so, how did it turn out? I'm on tenderhooks here

:bites nails:

I'm writing from my parent's computer (very slow, connected at 24k) just on-line for 10 mins or so.

Well, Rip finally made it ... we extended the day to include a third mission. I think he enjoyed it.

Chavik had to represent the Insurgents all by himself so me and Rip helped him out a bit.

A bit? The Insurgents won all three matches. Ironic considering Chav spent most of the day fighting with Microsoft to stay on line.

Guest Remo Williams

LMAO! What a way to end the regular season. With three crushing defeats to GalCom by the Insurgents. WhatÔÇÖs really sad is that the Insurgent team was made up of subs from GalCom, besides Chavik of course.

Well thatÔÇÖs it men as I said the season is over now, and regular fleet meets will not start again until the end of January. So this gives you some time to try to gain more active MP players and do some training.

Now all thatÔÇÖs left for us is the tournament on the 19th then the championship on the 26th. Here are the fleets that will compete against each other in the tournament for 2004.

1. Balor Fleet
  2. Prime Fleet
  3. ISS Fleet
  4. Wraith Fleet

Here are the top four players for 2004 that will face off in the Championship.

1. Chavik
  2. Marvin
  3. Ben Zwycky
  4. Dreada

Good job men thanks for participating, and may the best man win.

The Stats Board has been updated and I found some major mistakes that I had made over the last several meets. They are corrected now and the board is as close as itÔÇÖs going to be for this year to the correct scores. Next year there will be several people involved in the scoring process to eliminate any possible errors before the info is posted.

Fleet Stats Board.

The fleet DB will be updated shortly to show the correct stats, and will remain until the beginning of the next seasons play when it will be purged of all stats for the coming years play.

OK, some interesting changes, there. Hmmm... I guess I'll just have to try and earn top spot at the tournament. At least I'm in (along with ISS in the fleet tournament) Interesting that will be...

I guess Chav is kinduv a team player, then.

Guest Remo Williams

Well here is how it will all work tomorrow people.

The two highest ranked fleets from the normal season of play will face off; while the fleets that ended the season in positions 3 and 4 will face off in a series of the best 2 out of 3 matches.

We will be using the ÔÇ£Operation Shuttle StrikeÔÇØ ROE for the first two matches in the series. If a fleet wins the first two out of the three matches they are the winner of that series. If each fleet takes one win each then they will face off in a third and final match to decide the winner of the match series. The third playoff match will be a free style match with a thirty-minute time limit the team to collect the most kill points will win.

One fleet will launch as Insurgent and the other GalCom no matter which normal season alliance they belong too. In the free style match if played one team will use launch station Farpoint in Tapenstran while the other will use Paladian in Procon. It goes the same for the operation shuttle strike ROE that will be used; one team will launch as Insurgent the other GalCom regardless of normal season alliance in accordance with the ROE launch regions.

Once victory has been declared for a fleet that battled in the position 3 and 4 series they will face off against the victor of the position 1 and 2 series. In this final face off of three matches they will follow the same guidelines as the first two match series. The first fleet team to take two of the matches will be proclaimed the tournament winners and the best of all the fleets for 2004.

Well if you have any questions nowÔÇÖs the time. Not long now until the tournament begins.

Guest Remo Williams

The tournament 1st round results are in! First let me say we all had a blast it was a great time for all involved.

In the first round of matches the Insurgents were to face off against Prime and The ISS against Wraith. Since no members of Wraith were able to make it to the tournament they were disqualified by unanimous vote;(Sorry Dreada) which automatically made the ISS first round winners by default.

Prime however wasn't so lucky and faced the Insurgent team on the battle field where we lost 2 out of 3 matches making the Insurgent team first round winners also. Better luck next year Prime Fleet I'm a tad disappointed but we gave it our all!

Congratulations to the Insurgent team and the ISS. You guys will be facing each other next Sunday to determine the #1 fleet for 2004.

Remember also folks that the playerÔÇÖs championship will be held right after the final tournament round between the ISS and Insurgents.

I look forward to announcing both the #1 Fleet and the best of the best player for 2004 next week. Until then I would practice if I were you guys the competition is sure to be steep from what I've seen.

OK, here's my proposal

The Arena

This is a scenario for use as a tie breaker in fleet matches and for the individual player knockout tournament.

Rules Of Engagement

[*]1. No use of Capital ship support units. (Fighters, shuttles)

[*]2. Capital ships may not enter planet zones.

[*]3. Only main gun, missiles and mines allowed- No PTA.

[*]4. Players are not allowed to leave the combat region (Castrin) except to respawn after being destroyed.

[*]5. Players must respawn and re-enter the combat region (Castrin) within 10 minutes of being destroyed, or they will be counted as destroyed again.

Launch/Respawn Regions

Galcom Players: Paladian Starstation in Procon

Insugent Players: Resilient Starstation in Gaulan

Umpire: Freeport Station in Castrin (must log in as a terran trader)

Match Procedure

Version 1 (tie breaker):

Time Limit: 30 Minutes

Player Respawns: Unlimited

All chat windows remain open

Players must send their ship info to the umpire, and again each time they respawn. The umpire will remain in close proximity to the station and oversee the rules are kept, communicating via chat to all players, and also periodically announce how much time remains, and a provisional score on request. If anyone destroys the umpireÔÇÖs vessel, they instantly forfeit the match for their team.

Scoring

[*] 1. The Umpire announces the end of the Match exactly 30 Minutes after announcing the start of the match.

[*] 2. Whichever team scores the most kills during that period wins the match.

[*] 3. If a player is killed by friendly fire, that counts as a kill for the other team.

[*] 4. If the total number of kills for each team is tied, then each team chooses a champion to face off against the other teamÔÇÖs champion in version 2.

ÔÇÖ to all.

OK, thatÔÇÖs my proposal. Comments/suggestions are welcome. Other issues to consider- should upgrades/cloaking be allowed in individual matches? On Sunday we provisionally said they shouldnÔÇÖt be allowed in the team tie-breaker, so whatÔÇÖs the consensus (especially among those taking part in the individual tournament)? Speaking for myself, I donÔÇÖt have a problem with them, but if other people think they shouldnÔÇÖt be allowed, then I wonÔÇÖt object.

Guest Remo Williams

Interesting I just have a couple modifications. As to not leaving the combat region (Castrin) if this occurs it should count as a kill for the other team.

Also if the tiebreaker match ends in a tie as far as equal number of kills then we should revert to the score sheet, and tally up the point value for each kill. The team with the highest point value would then win the match. That way there wouldn't be a need for running a second tiebreaker match. Besides the changes I mentioned above the rest sounds fine to me Ben.

Great except for the following:

[*]Deciding who is and who isn't "agressive enough" is a subjective decision. I think all reqirements in the match should be objective, to avoid any ... objections.

[*]Halting the match to check a player's current shield and armor status is like playing roulette. Up one minute ... down the next. If you can't kill the guy in twenty minutes then, likely as not, he will kill you in twenty one.

[*]There's a specific reason for restricting a match so as not to use AI fighters ... but I see no reason why we shouldn't have shuttles available to us in a one v. one.

Counting what Remo suggested, the rest sounds good to me.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by ShoHashi:

Looks good to me. My only concern is that if we decide to use it, we use it next season.

I think the purpose of posting it in here and now was to use it as the tie breaker match for the ISS vrs. Insurgent playoff if you guys tie at 1 match each the way we did Sho.

Its basicly the same tie breaker match we played with a few defined rules that should have been in place when we played this last weekend.

I'm with Marvin on this also the match must stay objective and not leave any subjective rulings to an umpire.

I had the ranking scores to decide things in my original version, then if that was tied go to an individual faceoff. I then took it out because I thought it would take too long to add up. OK, I was only hoping to avoid the possible situation of someone continually running away and dragging the whole thing out unnecessarily, unlikely to happen, so we can scrub that. I'm fine with using shuttles, too, I think I left that in by accident.

I did intend leaving the combat zone to count as a kill for the other team, thanks Remo.

People agree on upgrades/cloaking being OK in the individual matches, or is the individual tournament going to be a completely different format? I haven't heard any proclamation on how that will run.

quote:

Originally posted by Ben Zwycky:

People agree on upgrades/cloaking being OK in the individual matches, or is the individual tournament going to be a completely different format? I haven't heard any proclamation on how that will run.

When I made my comments, I was thinking of the individual "duels."