Fleet Meets, Tournaments, Championships

Guest Remo Williams

Ok, I'll be available from 20.00 GMT for a couple of hours; so this is my start time.

Gordon please PM me the password too I don't think I can remember it...

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I no longer have any confidence in using GMT. Nobody seems to be on the same page with GMT. So I'll be on TS, if it's up, at 2000hrs GLT ... if it isn't up, I'll be sitting in Procon space on Server 2.

Not that we can conduct any missions without TS. I'll just be there to confirm we don't have TS and won't be doing any missions.

Unless, of course, TS is up. If it's up, we can do missions. Probably the "shuttle attack" mission originally developed by Gordon ... depending on what the other leaders think is best.

quote:

Originally posted by DREADA:

Sounds good.

Btw, GMT is the standard and it is equal to Universal Time, UTC or Zulu Time if your military.

This GLT that you mention is not official, in fact what it really is is BST (British Summer Time ie. daylight saving time which is GMT +1hr).

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

So Denny is GMT+2 hrs and I am GMT+1hr, if you're Eastern then its GMT-4hrs etc

Don't worry, I'll still probably end up being an hour late!

From what I know I'm in the following time zone after London's one....so I can say I'm in GMT+1, right now though it seems that I'm in GMT+2....however I never has much experience with time zones...

I can only say that my time is London time plus 1 hour regardless of daylight saving.... I think that we apply it the same day as other european nations...

quote:

Originally posted by DennyMala:

I can only say that my time is London time plus 1 hour regardless of daylight saving.... I think that we apply it the same day as other european nations...

Which is, I suppose, BST. Which is, I again suppose, the official name for what I call GLT.

A time zone by any other name will still put you way off course if you're moving at Mach .74 without a second hand on your watch.

I'll be looking for TeamSpeak at 2000 hours BST ... if it isn't up, I'll be on Server 2. Hope to see y'all there.

I'll be there. Have to try and keep my grades up, you know .

Any chance those ROE('s) can be distributed to the other fleets sometime soon?

Yeah, Denny, you're the same timezone as me, GMT+2 in the summer and GMT+1 during daylight saving time, so it's 9 pm for us today.

Guest Shingen

OK Prime Fleet East Teamspeak server is up. Marvin, Carl, Denny and I are on the server.

If you can't find the server, use PRIME as a keyword in the filter to search for the site.

FLEET MATCH: 10 OCTOBER

Participants

GalCom

[*]Ben Zwycky

[*]Dennymala

[*]Dreada

Raiders

[*]Shingen

[*]Carl Burning

[*]Chavik (substitute)

Observers

[*]Papi

[*]Marvin

Commentary

Starting locations were Procon, for GalCom forces, and Rovarix, for the Raider contingency. Ben sent a shuttle down to Procon and ordered it to land and halt in the midst of a friendly starbase. Shin did the same, sending his shuttle to a raider-protected area on Rovarix.

At the signal to go, GalCom forces deliberated the best tactic while Shingen quickly set course for GalCom territory. As a result, Shin entered the Procon zone while it was still heavily defended; he then attempted to engage the enemy.

Meanwhile, Denny managed to find his way to Rovarix via a flux shortcut. Somehow, though, his trip was cut short by Rangon starstation.

One death for Dennymala. The Rangon gets the credit.

After a short deliberation (I'm making this part up so bear with me), Dreada and Ben decided it wouldn't be fair for Dreada to intercept and attack Shin's command craft ... Dreada not being in a position to risk the GalCom shuttle. So Ben took him on ... making it a battle, not just of command craft, but of primary objectives as well: kill the CC and you kill the target shuttle. (Okay, that was the made up part ... I have no idea what the reasoning was behind Ben making the attack ... except that he hasn't lost a battle yet.)

One death for Shingen. Ben Zwycky gets the credit.

[*]Simultaneously, scratch one primary objective (the raider shuttle). GalCom gets the credit.

At this point in the match, about a half hour of actual game play had elapsed (much, much longer if you include pre-brief and logging in). Prior to launch, the two sides agreed to a one-hour limit so, in lieu of Shin switching over to Prime's TS frequency and calling it "game over," GalCom continued to maintain diligence and situation awareness. In other words, the game went on.

GalCom held a defensive position in Procon while the raider forces advanced. Sneaking past the orbiting fleet, Shin and his horde headed for their target ... only to be thwarted by Denny and Ben in hot pursuit. Due to a bit of lag, further engagements between players terminated in stalemate.

Guest Shingen

quote:

Originally posted by Marvin:

I have no idea what the reasoning was behind Ben making the attack ... except that he hasn't lost a battle yet.)

Actually, Ben was the only one is Procon at the time. From what Carl was saying, Denny and Dreada where on and off in Rovarix somewhere.

Anyway, I waited for some time to see what Ben was gonna do, observed the shuttle location and set a waypoint during the wait.

Finally, Ben jumped towards me, and being the cocky SOB I tend to be, I went after him.

I couldn't even reduce his shields in a dead-on range and main-guns on target.

The funny thing is I didn't explode in the game. I made planet-fall on Procon, but I was so badly damaged that I couldn't have done anything anyway, so I told Carl I was re-logging ( Hey Marv., does the log show that I made planetfall on Procon?).

I re-loged, forgot to launch my shuttle again, and had Chavik launch one of his, NOT KNOWING that the mission was ALREADY over!

Anyway..I owe Ben two now.

quote:

From ChatLog:

Sun Oct 10 13:57:44 2004 SERVER [iSS] Ben Zwycky (GCV-Svoboda) entered hyperspace

Sun Oct 10 14:01:04 2004 SERVER Shingen -TDH- (UCV-Deathstrike) entered hyperspace

Sun Oct 10 14:01:09 2004 SERVER TER/MIL Sun Oct 10 14:01:53 2004 SERVER Player Shingen -TDH- (UCV-Deathstrike) destroyed by TER/MIL [iSS] Ben Zwycky (GCV-Svoboda)

Sun Oct 10 14:01:53 2004 SERVER [iSS] Ben Zwycky (GCV-Svoboda) entered hyperspace

Sun Oct 10 14:01:54 2004 SERVER TER/MIL Sun Oct 10 14:02:55 2004 TER/MIL [iSS] Ben Zwycky killed Shingen!

Sun Oct 10 14:00:27 2004 TER/MIL Marvin>main objective accomplished for galcom

Sun Oct 10 14:03:20 2004 SERVER Disconnecting Shingen -TDH- (UCV-Deathstrike)

Sun Oct 10 14:05:33 2004 SERVER Shingen -TDH- (UCV-Deathstrike) connected as player no 3

Sun Oct 10 14:06:03 2004 SERVER Shingen -TDH- (UCV-Deathstrike) has deployed from MUL/RAI RANGON

I edited out all unessential data (other players) ... the above listing is what was recorded.

quote:

I re-loged, forgot to launch my shuttle again, and had Chavik launch one of his, NOT KNOWING that the mission was ALREADY over!

Well, that answers that question. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why Chavik was trying to launch a shuttle. I thought maybe he was caught in a time warp from two weeks ago.

Btw, the mission wasn't officially over. It still had about fifteen minutes remaining of the agreed-upon hour ... the only other way to have ended it was for you (Shin) to come over to our frequency and declare its end. Which you eventually did.

quote:

Originally posted by Ben Zwycky:

Yeah, Denny, you're the same timezone as me, GMT+2 in the summer and GMT+1 during daylight saving time, so it's 9 pm for us today.

From what I've understood from the links DREADA and PAPI provided, GMT is a fixed time that do not mess with daylight saving..... so I can say that we're on GMT +2 all the year.....

quote:

Originally posted by DennyMala:

quote:

Originally posted by Ben Zwycky:

From what I've understood from the links DREADA and PAPI provided, GMT is a fixed time that do not mess with daylight saving..... so I can say that we're on GMT +2 all the year.....

No, GMT is fixed time! Your local time changes, so...

Right now you have DST (daylight saving time) GMT +2, but when your time changes to normal time it's GMT +1. That's because your time changes, but GMT is fixed.

quote:

Originally posted by Shingen:

quote:

Originally posted by Marvin:

I have no idea what the reasoning was behind Ben making the attack ... except that he hasn't lost a battle yet.)

Actually, Ben was the only one is Procon at the time. From what Carl was saying, Denny and Dreada where on and off in Rovarix somewhere.

Anyway, I waited for some time to see what Ben was gonna do, observed the shuttle location and set a waypoint during the wait.

Finally, Ben jumped towards me, and being the cocky SOB I tend to be, I went after him.

I couldn't even reduce his shields in a dead-on range and main-guns on target.

The funny thing is I didn't explode in the game. I made planet-fall on Procon, but I was so badly damaged that I couldn't have done anything anyway, so I told Carl I was re-logging ( Hey Marv., does the log show that I made planetfall on Procon?).

Anyway..I owe Ben two now.

Well, I was the only one in the region, with Shin being the key enemy target, me feeling generally confident and for other tactical reasons I decided to go after him and it paid off.

During the long wait after the first kill, when we weren't sure whether the match was over or not, me and Denny practised some formation flying above the planet.

I guess it's beginner's luck

Guest Remo Williams

Throw back a couple cold ones and start digging into MP. I'll have TS back up soon then we can discuss the last few weeks and future events.

Guest Shingen

Remo, I guess you'll need to score the last three matches, as I haven't been able to find that score sheet file that you emailed along with those ROEs.

If y'all still want me to score them, then send me the score sheets again. I should have time to do it tomorrow if I can get the scoring data.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Shingen:

Remo, I guess you'll need to score the last three matches, as I haven't been able to find that score sheet file that you emailed along with those ROEs.

If y'all still want me to score them, then send me the score sheets again. I should have time to do it tomorrow if I can get the scoring data.

If you want to score the matches thats fine with me. I'll email you the needed doc's ASAP.