League Scoring & Stats Ladder

Guest Remo Williams

Guest Remo Williams

Gentlemen I'm pleased to announce a NEW Fleet stats and scoring system that was implemented at GalCom Online.

We will be using the same scoring system for matches the ladder will just makes it much easier to keep track of points, matches, and various stats. Since the ladder does the task of keeping track of the accumulation of points and thus applies it to Fleet ranking. The ladder also keeps track of wins, losses, and number of matches played.

The only draw back is that it only keeps track of ranking points and does not keep a record of EP points.

How it works is you create your fleet, and then have your Fleet MP players join the Fleet's team. Once that is done you just add your fleet to the league ladder. Then you can issue a challenge to other Fleets through the league ladder giving a time and date. The opposing team can then either accept or decline your challenge.

Now instead of having a set date and time that we all appear for a match each fleet will appear and run their own matches with their opponent at the time and date they issued in the challenge.

Once a match is played both fleet leaders for the teams will add up the score together. Then the losing teams leader will go to the league stats board and report the loss entering all the needed info for both fleets into the system. The system will then generate the proper stats on the ladder.

If we stick to a match every two weeks schedule for 2005 each fleet would have to play at least two matches during a month. At a time and date of their choosing to remain active in the league and make it to the 2005 Tournament.

Now that we have a league ladder we need to decide on an appropriate name for the league? IÔÇÖve temporarily named it the ÔÇ£3000AD Alliance LeagueÔÇØ. Since all the fleets are members of an Alliance be it GalCom, Insurgent, EarthCom or Gammulan. Anyway IÔÇÖll start a poll with a few suggested names and let the fleet community vote on it.

• 3 months later...
Guest Remo Williams

Team Leaders make sure you go over section 7 of the handbook on scoring a match before you hold your first one. It will direct you through the correct proceedures for using Appendix 1 & 2 starting on page 10. It also gives instructions for applying penalties, and reporting your match results.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to create a second ISS team (team CIOPS) but the confirmation email seems to be taking a long time to arrive (for team Praetorian it was almost instantaneous)

Never mind, I just missed it. we were transferring all my old emails across from the old computer to the new, and it was among the flood

team CIOPS created, and first two membership invites sent out (both transfers from team Praetorian), one more invite sent out for Team Praetorian. (There'll be another invite sent out to each team at least, as soon as the relevant members of ISS register at Galcom HQ ) That makes 8, possibly 9 team members, with only 2 (or 3) not reliably active at the moment.

It almost makes me think I'm doing a good job

[ 04-13-2005, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: Ben Zwycky ]

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Ben Zwycky:

It almost makes me think I'm doing a good job

You are Ben, you've brought ISS back from the Dead. This is a welcome change from the last few years of inactivity of the ISS. This is one of the few times in the history of the fleets that another fleet is equal to or better than the membership of Prime.

Now if we could just do the same with the other fleets we would be in great shape.

Guest Remo Williams

Attention all fleet league team leaders. All match chat logs along with your calulated match scores must be sent to the following email address. So that the official scorekeeper can verify all match scores before the are entered into the league ladder and Fleet DB.

[email protected]

All that remains is for team Demolition to knock Alpha of the top spot in the table and CIOPS to have a successful match against Spectre and we'll have ourselves a three way tie for third place

Is there going to be an individual table like last year?

• 1 month later...

PM at PF forum received BOSS, I would have swore I got some more kills but obviously I didn't score the kill in combined assault.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Remo Williams

A new player stats ladder is up at GHQ. The ladder was written in PHP and uses a MySQL Database to store the statistics.

Marc finished writing it last Thursday and I've been having fun testing and updating our recent league activities. This is a vast improvement IMO over the old static page I had to update manually. You can view the ladder using this link or just visit GHQ.

Uh, Remo,my last great race attempt for Ben Zwycky was 18 minutes exactly, not 19, looking at my chat log, (13:44:16 to 14:02:16) which changes how many points it was worth, from 2000EP, 200RP to 3000EP, 300RP. Could you check that again, please?

Also, Ben Zwycky hasn't been killed yet, but Boran has 3 times, not 2, and has fought 3 duels, not 2. Looks like a duel was assigned to my wrong AE.

Nice work on the module, Marc

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Ben Zwycky:

Uh, Remo,my last great race attempt for Ben Zwycky was 18 minutes exactly, not 19, looking at my chat log, (13:44:16 to 14:02:16) which changes how many points it was worth, from 2000EP, 200RP to 3000EP, 300RP. Could you check that again, please?

I disagree I believe its 19 minutes, but I'll send the times on to one of the other FL's along with how I calculate the time and let him make the call. I'll post again once its been determined by a third party.

As to the other stats I believe your correct I'll look into it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Remo Williams

I've been lagging on updating the players stats ladder from our last match due to RL events of late. I'll have everything updated by this Saturday so we'll have a fresh start in July.

Guest Remo Williams

The league players ladder has been updated.

The Boran vr. Sypes match was not scored due to invalid ship data. I have email the match umpire instruction to allow me to score the match this time only.

In the future if I receive invalid data in a match log I will drop the match and it will have to be replayed.

Remo Out.

Start and finish entries from Ben Zwycky's Great Race attempt:

Fri Jul 01 14:35:24 2005 SERVER TER/MIL [iSS] Ben Zwycky (GCV-Svoboda) moved from MP_NZONEZ to MP_ROVARIXZ

Fri Jul 01 14:53:10 2005 SERVER TER/MIL [iSS] Ben Zwycky (deployed) moved from MP_FORONZ to MP_CASTRINZ

I make 14:35:24 to 14:53:10 a time of 17 minutes 46 seconds, not 18 minutes 10.

Similarly for Boran:

Fri Jul 01 20:04:34 2005 SERVER TER/MIL Boran Zavok (GCV-Ominous) moved from MP_NZONEZ to MP_ROVARIXZ

Fri Jul 01 20:22:24 2005 SERVER TER/MIL Boran Zavok (deployed) moved from MP_FORONZ to MP_CASTRINZ

I make from 20:04:34 to 20:22:24 a time of 17 minutes 50 seconds, not 18 minutes 24 seconds.

This time difference makes a significant difference to how many points each attempt was worth. It seems the seconds counter on the start times was missed, or is there something wrong with my arithmetic?