Announcement: 2005 Season Begins April 1st

Guest Remo Williams

Guest Remo Williams

The concept of the AAE is not new its been discussed before and was in use before MP arrived. Just do a search you'll come up with a few topics.

I myself was and opponent of the AAE when it was put into effect sometime back, but since Derek is the one that initiated the AAE I dropped the subject and went with the flow.

Overtime the AAE's disappeared and that was that no more conflict of interest IMO then. Now after thinking about it in detail there is really no conflict by maintaining two AE's. As long as theyÔÇÖre in different alliances and the second AE never competes against the primary AE's fleet.

quote:

ISS has developed specific teamwork and tactics for MP (Ben has really, I'm just a fluff/RP writer at the moment), and I think we were wondering if we'd end up giving away the stuff we've been working to build our fleet with. The other question is whether we'd have similar participation standards for the AAE as with the AE. If we were under the direction of another fleet leader, I'd expect he'd want us to genuinely contribute to his fleet beyond "win the RP tournament." Neither Ben nor I have the energy to do twice what we're doing in ISS currently.

ISS has nothing more to lose than Prime its up to you how much you want to share. Its just as important to try to be the season winner with your AAE both will not make it into the championship.

I expect that the only active direction the AAE will receive from the FL is when he schedules a match. The Fleet FL will provide the tactics that he wants used with his fleet it will not be up to the Fleet members to direct the teamÔÇÖs actions as it is in any fleet.

Your level of participation with your AAE is limited to MP play if the player wants to go further and write RP based on his AAE thatÔÇÖs up to them but is in no way required for the AAE.

quote:

Can I ask, would there be any problem just having us register at the GALCOM.net gameladder and having that be what constituted our identity as an AAE? Ben and I had been discussing possibly moving our entire 3-4 man team as a unit to whatever alternate alliance we'd sign on as in order to keep our investment in teamwork and tactics from our fleet practices, but we hadn't settled anything as yet since we were waiting to hear more discussion on the idea.

Registering to the DB is what makes the AAE official if it is not registered to the fleet DB there will be no way to keep personal stats for the AAE in the official Fleets DB. This would be upsetting to me if I had put out the cash to create the fleets DB and it was not used to keep the fleet members stats. The stats ladder at GalCom Online only keeps Team stats.

With Prime this is how it works this is just so you'll have an idea of what it will be like for Prime fleet members this season. As you know Prime fleet members accumulate EP from the time they join the fleet until the day they retire or get dropped for inactivity. This is how we determine the rank and position of a member. Our EP is accumulated through MP/RP activities. So that means at the end of the season prime fleet members will not have their EP wiped away since it will be maintained in a secondary DB also.

The EP that is displayed in the fleet DB is the seasons EP for MP members of Prime and all other fleet members. This EP will be wiped at the end of the season for Prime and all other fleet members to prepare for the new season. Its the stats that are to be stored in the fleets DB that will determine who is going to the Championship at the end of the year.

Its the stats that will be stored on the league Stats ladder at GHQ that will determine which teams will be going to the tournament at the end of the season.

So if the AAE is only part of the league stats ladder then there is no way to make it to the championship since there will be no official player stats for the AAE; which breaks the system.

It is important that all players give it there best shot with both AE's it will give the player twice the opportunity to make it to the championship with one of them, and one of the main reason why the second AE can not play against the primary AE's fleet to avoid setups, and to insure that both AE's are playing their best. Since no matter which AE your playing a win or lose will effect the standing of the other AE. If you consistently lose with your AAE to another GalCom Fleet all you will be doing is boosting their stats and making it harder for your primary AE's team to secure a spot in the tournament.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In other words, after the next championship, Ben can be both first and second place winner?

Though, I gotta admit ... I like the implications of Ben and his troops starting their own Insurgent fleet. That way Ben can keep secret all his methods for beating the blazes out of everyone else.

Ouchy.

I'll be registering my AAE later this week ... after I see if Ben has any openings as an insurgent.

So, second question. What would the implications be of having the EP for the AE and the AAE go to the AE's db entry? Something else Ben and I were wondering about was whether people would fight as hard in a given battle knowing that they weren't getting ep for it.

You raise a good point about keeping the other guy from getting points, and on that scheme then this question becomes kind of like having an offensive and defensive team in football. Nonetheless, would it break anything to have the ep earned by the AAE go to the AE?

Also

quote:

Originally posted by Marvin:

In other words, after the next championship, Ben can be both first
and
second place winner?

That'd be a nice easing of the family budget .

Sorry I don't have the on-line time to take part in this discussion at length from merry old England, but I'm following it every few days.

If the secondary AE's are all just following orders, then it will be possible to keep ISS's secrets secret, though the team tactics in whatever team my AAE is involved in may suffer as a result. Being head of an Intel fleet makes me kinda paranoid about tactical security, but it can be done this way, just our AAE's would have to act dumb a little.

We managed it informally last year when filling in for the Insurgents on occasion and our performance when playing for other fleets was counted towards our individual scores, but this way we'd have a team total recorded as well.

Just exploring options, I'll go with whatever is decided.

quote:

Originally posted by Zane Marlowe:

Something else Ben and I were wondering about was whether people would fight as hard in a given battle knowing that they weren't getting ep for it.

I think so. I remember one situation where I was paired with Chavik, as an insurgent. EPs never entered the equation.

If anything, playing for the other side gives you the opportunity to try tactics you might otherwise consider too risky. If they work, so much the better.

Guest Remo Williams

AAE's will remain separate for balance as Ben stated. That is the whole purpose behind their creation.

I started a much-deserved two-week vacation yesterday. I'll return just in time to kick off the MP season on April fools day. LOL!

Everyone try to get their AAE's registered and their teams setup at GHQ. On the 1st teams can start issuing challenges in accordance with the League Handbook. I look forward to my return and the beginning of what I'm sure is going to be and excellent MP season for the Fleet League.

If you need any assistance contact Marvin he knows the handbook better than I do, as he should since he's the primary author.

OK, as far as I can see there are two Galcom teams, Alpha(Prime) and Praetorian(ISS), both with full membership and an Insurgent team with only Shohashi listed, but I'm sure that'll be filled out with Chavik and Eclipse at least. As yet there has been no response from Gammulan high command to Zane's offer of a mass AAE application to the Gammulan Patrol Fleet by ISS members, otherwise we'd be able to fill an AAE team in no time, producing a two-on-two situation.

If Prime can field a second team and send three AAE's to the Insurgents (or two to the Gammulan Diplomacy fleet, since I suspect Jaguar is the only active member there), then we'd have three galcom and three hostile-to-galcom fleets, a good starting point.

Ideally though, we want the same number of Galcom and Insurgent teams, with any number of Gammulan teams, since they are hostile to both.

quote:

Originally posted by Ben Zwycky:

If Prime can field a second team and send three AAE's to the Insurgents....

I sent my AAE to Balor. Either Chavik or Shohashi can decide what to do with him ... depending on who builds a team at GHQ.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Marvin:

quote:

If Prime can field a second team and send three AAE's to the Insurgents....

I sent my AAE to Balor. Either Chavik or Shohashi can decide what to do with him ... depending on who builds a team at GHQ.

Lets have ShoHashi, Chavik, and Eclipse play a team as Balor or Bishamon. Will create our AAE's as one of the other inactive Insurgents fleets either Eversor or Spectre its up to you, which inactive insurgent fleet we, use Marvin. Just register it at GHQ as Spectre or Eversor so other Prime AAE's can join.

ShoHashi, Chavik IÔÇÖm deleting the insurgent fleet team you have registered. Just re-register as Balor, or Bishamon for your team.

I've deleted my registration to the Gammulan Fleet.

Ben have all of the ISS AAE's register to one of the Gammulan fleets its up to you which one. I'll approve the registrations myself. Run your Gammulan AAE's team as the FL. I'm not going to wait for the Gammulans any longer.

Then we'll have 2 insurgent fleet teams and one Gammulan fleet team to oppose the 3 GalCom fleet teams.

I'll probably initiate a Gammulan roll call for the members that have been registered to the DB and send out a comms messages to give them a chance to get involved with a team. If they don't respond I'll remove them from the DB. They may respond though and form a team if they see some leadership for the Gammulans.

Wraith leaders you need to get over to Galcom Online and register your team ASAP!

Also Ben don't forget to register your Gammulan Fleet team at GHQ for competition.

ThatÔÇÖs about it if there are any question post them were running out of time with just a little over two weeks to go.

[ 03-13-2005, 02:59 PM: Message edited by: Remo Williams ]

I have created Earthcom's primary MP team at www.galcom.net (and registered my Quazar profile into it), but am having difficulty modifying the information therein. At first, the site wouldn't reflect any changes I made to the team; later, after I re-entered the information to update, it only reflected some of the changes.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Quazar:

I have created Earthcom's primary MP team at
(and registered my Quazar profile into it), but am having difficulty modifying the information therein. At first, the site wouldn't reflect any changes I made to the team; later, after I re-entered the information to update, it only reflected some of the changes.

Cool, I just checked and it looks to me as if all the info is correct. Maybe its just loading the page from your cache don't know. Its been working for me when I update info though. Lets see if anyone else is having this issue.

I'm going to try to put together the man-power from Prime to form a third Insurgent Fleet team if so maybe Shohashi Chavik and Eclipse can then make a team of AAE's to form an Orion Fleet team. I'll keep you updated on my progress.

Down the right hand side of the home page at galcom.net, there is the Fleet menu.

Click on Create Team, and follow the instructions from there. If you get stuck at any stage, there are plenty of us who can give you a hand.

Oh, and it wouldn't let me create an AAE account at Galcom HQ with the same email adress I used for my normal AE. I got round it by creating another email account on my local server. Any suggestions for those who don't want to do that?

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Oh, and it wouldn't let me create an AAE account at Galcom HQ with the same email adress I used for my normal AE. I got round it by creating another email account on my local server. Any suggestions for those who don't want to do that?

I'll see what I can do about the email verification.

BTW it details how to create and modify a team in the league handbook which is linked to above in the 4th post from the top of this page, and is also available in the download section at GHQ.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Ben Somerset:

Team Shadow has been registered. I knew I was missing something simple. Not used to doing stuff from the right side of a webpage.

Excellent now you just need to have your members register to your team at GHQ. I know your new to the command of Wraith and the league so you may just want to play the one team this season which would be understandable. If you think you can handle it though we could use one more AAE team for balance. It can be either Insurgent or Gammulan let me know what you decide.

I have created my AAE as a Insurgent and created the team Spectre Fleet at GHQ for competition this season. I need other MP members of Prime to register now to the team at GHQ and DB.

I would like all fleet leaders to post the name of their members AAE's here in one spot so that we have a reference to identify all AAE's to the players in the league.

My AAE's title is: Ramis

I'll find out the names of the other Prime Fleet AAE's and post them here as well.

Guest Remo Williams

Use your Primary AE name in your sig. If your creating an AAE for the insurgent Spectre team you just post the name your going to use for your AAE here.

Then you register your AAE name to Spectre Fleet in the fleet DB. after that you create a second account at GHQ for your AAE and join the team. Make sure you join your primary AE to Team Alpha why your at it.

We may move you to a second team with a few other members before the season starts though. It depends on how many more cadets graduate in the next few weeks. If thats the case then I will lead Team Alpha and Marvin will lead Team Gamma.

Ah, OK, it was just the join ladder button wasn't appearing in Firefox, it works in IE.

One ISS team and one Gammulan AAE team formed, filled and filed

We may have enough for further teams, but that might be pushing it a little.

Bring it on!