Announcement: 2005 Season Begins April 1st

Guest Remo Williams

Guest Remo Williams

Announcement: 2005 Season begins February 1st!

Hello 3000AD Fleet League members with the new season fast approaching there are several things that need to be addressed.

Sign-up your fleet

All Fleet leaders need to get their teams signed up with the league ladder and have all MP members join their teams at GalCom Online. When you visit GalCom Online look in the lower right column you will find a block titled ÔÇ£Fleet MenuÔÇØ this allows you to create your Fleet team. Once your team is created you can modify it from the same block. When on your modify team page there are several things you can do. 1st of which is join the league ladder you can also issue invites to all your MP members here as long as they are register at GalCom online.

Stat Records

The league stats ladder will only keep track of the fleetÔÇÖs stats to be used at the end of the year to determine which fleets will be participating in the 2005 Fleet tournament. The Tournament date is yet to be announced.

Individual players stats will be kept in the Fleets Database hosted by 3000AD. The Player stats will determine who will be participating in the Players Year end Championship. This year a prize will be up for grabs to the championship players. Both the tournament and championship winners will be added to the 3000AD Fleet league hall of fame.

The Prizes

The 1st prize valued at just under $400 US dollars is a NVIDIA 6800 graphics card with 256MB SDDR memory. This is sure to add some horsepower to the "Player Championship" winner's PC and allow him or her to play 3000AD titles for sometime to come.

The second place contestant will receive a free copy of the next great game title thatÔÇÖs released by 3000AD.

Fleets and Match Scheduling

All of the 3000AD official fleets must at least try to compete this year or face a possible disbanding until the release of Galactic Command Online. It will take all of the official fleets to allow for a smooth and fun season for us all.

All matches this season will be done on a challenge basis. The challenge system is located at GalCom Online and is documented in the league rules see below.

All Fleets must hold a minimum of two matches and no more than 4 matches a month to remain in the league competition for 2005. Any fleet that does not meet the minimum match requirement will be removed from the league after two consecutive months of failing to meet the minimum requirements.

League Rules

The league rules for 2005 are soon to be released and will come in the form of a League MP handbook. The handbook will be issued to all fleet leaders to share with their members. The league rule will be strictly enforced in 2005.

Thats about it for now I hope you all have a great time in 2005 while competing for the grand Prizes

Edit in: Just as a note to all concerned 3000AD INC. is in no way responsible or attached to the awarding of the prizes to be issued to the 2005 winners so DO NOT contact them asking for information on the prizes. The Prizes are the sole responsibility of the League any additional information can be obtained by mailing [email protected]

Edited Topic Subject

[ 03-31-2005, 07:21 PM: Message edited by: Remo Williams ]

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Remo Williams:

All Fleet leaders need to get their teams signed up with the league ladder and have all MP members join their teams at GalCom Online.

I have answered the call.

Btw, your above post adds another section to the playbook.

Guest Remo Williams

The MP League handbook is in the final stage of proof reading I have already received it from Marvin made some corrections and sent it back for one final review of spelling and grammar. When I receive it back from Marvin it will be made available to all FL's.

Although the chance of holding a 2005 season is looking very slim right now with only two weeks to go, since only two fleets both of them being GalCom meet the requirements for competition in the league at this point.

I'm going to wait though until the last minute to give Orion, Wraith, EarthCom, the Gammulans, and the Insurgents as much time as possible to get some form of teams together before calling the season off for 2005 or at least postponing it until we can get these fleets in order.

If it doesn't work out this year at least everything will be in place to allow fleet competition when the other fleets come out of their current inactive state.

SC maybe we should consider disbanding inactive fleets until they decide to participate in the community again. Don't know about you, but this is getting frustrating to try to work with inactive Fleets. I look in the Fleet DB and just start shaking my head because of all the entries and no sign at all of the fleet members except for their forum listings here on the board.

quote:

Originally posted by Courtney Cox:

Oh PLEASE may I have a MP handbook also?

I'm sure it will be made available to all MP personnel when it will be approved by all FLs.

The handbook will be another day or two, for two reasons:

[*]1. I forgot to add something about an issue Remo mentioned a few weeks ago ... about how the League will be awarding medals based on performance in multiplayer.

[*]2. Remo and I gotta brainstorm on how the newest incarnation of Universal Combat will impact League MP.

But it won't be too long. We work fast.

Guest Remo Williams

Yes, it will be out this weekend. I've been busy with other issues and have not sent the remaining info to Marvin. He'll have it by tomorrow.

Guest Remo Williams

The remaining info has been sent to Marvin. What a relief were almost done all FL's will receive a link to the League Handbook tomorrow.

Until then here is a Prime fleet internal doc for you to look at. It is a new procedure that goes into effect Feb. 1st 2005 that determines a members rank and position within Prime.

Although it's not open to debate since it is an internal fleet document I will field any questions fleet leaders might have if they wish to use this system or a simular one with their fleet.

Prime Fleet Rank & Position Procedure. Updated 1.23.05

[ 01-23-2005, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: Remo Williams ]

Guest Remo Williams

The league MP Handbook is complete I'll be sending a message to the mailing list shortly containing a link. It will also be made available in the archive at GalCom Online for viewing, and as a download in the download area at GHQ.

I'll be listening to the Fleet Leaders only for comments on the handbook, so if your not an FL and you have a concern contact your Fleet Leader so he can present your concern if he feels it is warranted.

Read it completely last night. I wish I could whip up something this good as fast as you two did.

Up to this time, I thought an ROE was a list of rules and objectives for a particular mission. This document seems to call those missions "Scenarios" that can be connected in a series called a "Campaign". The Handbook presents a single set of Rules Of Engagement (ROE) as guiding statutes for all matches. Or did I misread?

Typo found at Page 29, in "Appendix 2 - Multiplayer Scenarios", at point 5.d in the "Duel" Scenario: "Gam Leader" should read "Game Leader"

Don't stress about it though, gentlemen. I probably have six months worth of typos in my Earthcom structure drafts. Your work looks great over all!

quote:

Originally posted by Quazar:

The Handbook presents a single set of Rules Of Engagement (ROE) as guiding statutes for all matches. Or did I misread?

Nope. You read correctly. There is also a section included with each scenario for changes or additions to the "default" ROE.

quote:

Typo found
at Page 29, in "Appendix 2 - Multiplayer Scenarios", at point 5.d in the "Duel" Scenario:
"Gam Leader"
should read
"Game Leader"

Ratz. Must've typed that while I was watching a Betty Grable movie. If you find more mistakes, make a list and send it to me later.

So we only have two ROE's? We've been testing the Deep Cover version 1 ROE at ISS training sessions, and we don't have enough people to test Eye in the Sky (though I can't see any balancing problems occurring since each team has the saem assets. Any chance of getting together with Prime to test that one? (I have a slightly updated version).