Announcement: 2005 Season Begins April 1st

Guest Remo Williams

Guest Remo Williams

Your doing better than us at the moment. Were still lacking one player for team Spectre fleet.

Also were one team short still of having an equal amount of opposing teams. Not sure what to do at this point but push ahead and hope for the best. Since Wraith and EarthCom's Vanguard Fleet are still empty with the April 1st deadline fast approaching its probably not going to be a problem.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Remo Williams

Here is the link to rev 5 of the league handbook.

Fleet League Handbook

The revisions made to the handbook were the addition of section 3 "Joining your team to the league ladder". and some correction to the TS logon process in section 1.

No disrespect to Quazar, but I think he'll be the first to admit that Earthcom isn't ready for this season, and with Wraith having 3 active members (once they sign up), that makes 3 galcom, 3 hostile-to-galcom teams. I'm itching to get mayhemming All that remains is for teams to post what times of the week they are available for challenges.

Teams Praetorian and Demolition can meet any challenge from 1830-2000 GMT on Sundays, other times are possible, but not so certain.

Guest Remo Williams

Last day to get involved with Fleet MP! The season begins at 12:00 PM EST tomorrow. All teams that don't meet the minimum requirement of three players will be removed to make way for the opening challenges.

If you are listed on a team that gets cut for not having enough participants and you would still like to compete you can join one of the other teams that are not already at their max player limit of five players.

You will have until April 8th to contact a Fleet team leader and register with a team, so all is not lost if your a member of an inactive fleet.

Well gentlemen its time for the fun to begin. Who's with me in saying no matter how the season ends the ISS team will not take home the trophy this year.

Our team is assembled, at least one new member is ready and raring to go.

Permission to pass along the teamspeak server password?

Would like to confirm again (since this is now page three) Start date and Time.

I think the first match will be at the weekend. I have issued the first challenge to Spectre Fleet from Praetorian for 1830 GMT on Sunday. Maybe I didn't do it correctly, tell me if I didn't and I'll reissue it immediately.

Wise words, Marvin, here's to hoping there'll be lots of shy people by the end of the season.

ISS is still vulnerable, but once I get all my guys to level 4, you'll all have something to worry about

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Chavik:

Our team is assembled, at least one new member is ready and raring to go.

Permission to pass along the teamspeak server password?

Would like to confirm again (since this is now page three) Start date and Time.

FL's make sure all team members have the official TS server password. All the connection info is posted in Area 51. Its also in the handbook minus the password of course.

If you need the password to the Balor Fleet TS practice server send me a PM and I'll reply with the info.

The Fleet MP season started today at 12:00PM EST. All teams can now start issuing and receiving challenges. The teams that did not meet the min. requirement were removed.

quote:

I think the first match will be at the weekend. I have issued the first challenge to Spectre Fleet from Praetorian for 1830 GMT on Sunday. Maybe I didn't do it correctly, tell me if I didn't and I'll reissue it immediately.

I received the challenge Ben it worked like a charm. We just need to remember challenge times are in GMT when they are issued or received.

I'll check with my team its a little short on notice. I'll accept or decline as soon as I have talked to the others.

[ 04-01-2005, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: Remo Williams ]

I didn't select a ladder. Would that cause a problem? If it's a no-go, then I'll reissue the challenge for the same time a week after?

Guest Remo Williams

Make sure you select the default ladder which is the "3000AD Fleet League" Fleet stats are kept on this ladder for the league. Individual fleet player stats are kept in the fleet DB.

I declined the challenge Ben due to the short notice. Will be happy to meet you guys sometime next weekend if you want to resend the challenge.

quote:

Originally posted by Remo Williams:

We just need to remember challenge times are in GMT when they are issued or received.

Well, that dreaded daylight savings time starts this weekend. So, will we be using GMT or Greenwich Local Time (GLT)?

Better yet, what's the coversion factor for Eastern Daylight Savings Time?

Guest Remo Williams

Will be using GMT. After the clock's move forward for daylight savings time the eastern US will be -4 hours from GMT and the Pacific US will be GMT -7 hours. When the FL of a team receives a challenge he will post the time to the members of their team in all three time zones this should make it easy enough for everyone to understand.

I have reissued the challenge for the same time on the 10th (Sunday a week from today)

1830 GMT or 1430 for eastern US or 1130 for Pacific US

Prepare for battle!

Guest Remo Williams

Your on Ben I just accepted the challenge!

I've been doing a little experimentation with in-game video capture.

Check out this 24 second video

You guys don't mind if I turn it on each time we destroy one of your vessels, so I'll have some video highlights for my AAR?

Guest Remo Williams

BTW Team Alpha also challenged Balor Fleet to a match next Saturday at 1900 hrs GMT, 1500 hrs EDST, 1200 hrs PDST.

Chavik you need to add your team to the 3000AD Fleet league ladder via your modify team page before you accept or decline the challenge.

BOSS, 19.00 GMT would be a good time to me (21.00 local) but I dunno if I can be there on saturday. Best day is sunday but I'll see.

ISS is bursting its banks with new applicants, but if we create more teams, it'll upset the balance of the league, and some of the members of our current team are momentarily erratic in their availability. What are the rules about expanding into more teams at a later stage (or now)?

Guest Remo Williams

I've been thinking about reopening team registration it wouldn't hurt anything that I can see to do so. The only reason that it was closed is to control balance as we've discussed due to some fleets being of the same alliance that shouldn't compete against each other. If it werenÔÇÖt for this we wouldn't have to worry about balance.

Anyway the addition of another GalCom team would still work. You can have up to 5 members on a team. If you get a sixth player then you need to start another team. You would then have two teams of three players each, and so on until you fill those teams to there maximum.