3000AD Fleet League Duel Challenges here!

I thought it would be good to create a thread for all Fleet League duel challenges, to make it easier to keep track of how may duels each AE has fought each month (a maximum of two duels per AE per month). We can also report the results here to keep things neat.

For clarity, we should use a defined format for the challenges:

AE name (Team Name)

challenges

AE name (Team Name)

to a duel at time (GMT) on date or at time (GMT) on date

cloaking will not be permitted/will be permitted/ cloaking permission to be decided by the challengee

I demand satisfaction!

The challengee will either accept, decline, or offer a different time

I will always leave the cloaking decision to the other guy, since I don't mind either way. This question is always to be agreed on by the two players taking part in the duel, as Remo stated in another thread.

For those wishing to challenge me, I am usually available for challenges Tuesday to Saturday 1730-2000 GMT, probably Saturday and Sunday 1130-1230 GMT. Sunday evenings are normally taken up with a fleet match, but if not, 1830-2000 GMT.

I'm busy this Saturday evening, but am otherwise free.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben Zwycky (Praetorian)

challenges

Chavik (Balor Fleet)

to a duel at 1130 GMT on Saturday 16th April or at 1730 GMT on Saturday 23rd April

cloaking permission to be decided by the challengee

I demand satisfaction!

Boran Zavok (Demolition)

challenges

Marvin (Alpha)

to a duel at 1900 GMT on Wednesday 20th April or at 1830 GMT on Saturday 23rd April

cloaking permission to be decided by the challengee.

So, would you like to play in the cloaking or non-cloaking section?

UFN DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH WARNING: CLOAKING CAUSES CANCER

GALCOM ACADEMY MEDICAL CORPS WARNING: CLOAKING KILLS, BUT NOT AS FAST AS ENEMY GUNS

Guest Remo Williams

Another good idea Ben!

Chavik and I have a duel scheduled for this evening our time that would be 12:00AM GMT for you.

I'll post all the details of his destruction for you all to read after the match.

Incase I don't win though you'll have to get the detail from Chavik since I'll be to busy sniveling in a corner some where.

[ 07-23-2006, 03:54 AM: Message edited by: Remo Williams ]

Guest Remo Williams

If its just for a duel you post it here as Ben did above and send the other player a PM to make sure he reads this topic.

We only use the ladder challenge system at GHQ for team matches.

quote:

Originally posted by Ben Zwycky:

Boran Zavok (Demolition)

challenges

Marvin (Alpha)

to a duel at 1900 GMT on Wednesday 20th April or at 1830 GMT on Saturday 23rd April

Well, I can't battle over a broken rattle on Saturday ... not now that the weather has changed. Saturday is when I must mow the lawn and fight off bugs and gophers. But it wouldn't make any difference anyway ... right now I'm at sea. On patrol is sector AM18. And, when I'm at sea ... I'm at sea ... which pisses off my wife 'cause I refuse to shave while aboard my U-boat.

I do get Sunday midday off though ... but, alas, it's already taken up in fleet matches. Maybe after I get back to port.

OK, some other time, then.

Chavik, response? Other time offer?

Boran Zavok (Demolition)

challenges

Courtney Cox (Alpha)

cloaking permission to be decided by the challengee.

quote:

right now I'm at sea. On patrol is sector AM18. And, when I'm at sea ... I'm at sea ... which pisses off my wife 'cause I refuse to shave while aboard my U-boat.

LOL I know what you mean, Marv!

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Marvin:

quote:

Originally posted by Ben Zwycky:

Boran Zavok (Demolition)

challenges

Marvin (Alpha)

Well, I can't battle over a broken rattle on Saturday ... not now that the weather has changed. Saturday is when I must mow the lawn and fight off bugs and gophers. But it wouldn't make any difference anyway ... right now I'm at sea. On patrol is sector AM18. And, when I'm at sea ... I'm at sea ... which pisses off my wife 'cause I refuse to shave while aboard my U-boat.

I do get Sunday midday off though ... but, alas, it's already taken up in fleet matches. Maybe after I get back to port.

Nipping at the Captain Morgan again chief?

Well Ben You'll find someone who will face you in a duel just keep trying.

Chavik and I faced off last night and it was a lot of fun, thanks Chavik. We weren't sure how the ROE was going to work since there are no restrictions on anything in the ROE. We ran two matches the second of which was the official duel match.

The first match was just a test to see how it worked using all the resource in the game at your disposal. I must say it worked great although ChavikÔÇÖs PTA system made short work of my rookie fighter pilots as mine did the same with his.

To make a long story short I'll just say that I took Chavik in the 1st match and he won the second match, which was the official match and received a very good stats boost in the process. Maybe I'll post all the details later in the AAR topic or Chavik can since he won.

In the end chavikÔÇÖs score looked something like this.

Objective complete 2500EP 250 Ranking points

Destroyed asset PV: 1500EP 70 Ranking points

Total: 4000EP 320 Ranking points

We did not award a score for the secondary player assets destroyed because they do not appear in the log when destroyed. There is no way to confirm their destruction in the log so those kills are not scored.

Have fun!

quote:

Originally posted by Marvin:

On patrol is sector AM18.

Very nice spot indeed....on some large convoys routes just north west or Ireland...on a luky day you can bag something like 60,000 tons...

You do realize I gotta run submerged while I go get another ink cart at Wal-Mart.

Btw ...

quote:

From Ben:

Ben Zwycky
(Praetorian)

challenges

Chavik (Balor Fleet)

Boran Zavok
(Demolition)

challenges

Marvin (Alpha)

Now you know why I orginally suggested calling this scenario a "Dual."

Me and Boran Zavok meet this night on an unforeseen duel.

Well, I don't know exactly what happened, lag, rammed into each other.....the outcome was that I was completely destroyed without even noticing it before my hulla was already breached to less than 50% and I was unable to even turn my ship around.

That's it. One more for Boran...

Well, we had to make use of the night somehow...

Anyway, a conclusive result, more than could be said for my duel with Paladin which followed.

We got a lot of others on the server, then I got a firewall hacker warning, which popped up another window and brought UC crashing down

Maybe next time...

One win under my belt at least (or rather, for my evil twin)

OK, Courtney Cox and I are going to have to leave it until next month, since his connection is kaput.

Boran Zavok (Demolition)

challenges

Remo (Alpha)

to a duel

at 1730 GMT on Saturday 30th April or at 1830 GMT on Sunday 1st May.

If you can do a time during the week, that'd be best, or any other time that fits in with my schedule as given in the first post of this thread.

[ 04-20-2005, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: Ben Zwycky ]

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Dunno, but I'll be right behind EVERYBODY!!

Ok Boss, if I see you pop on to the fleet server its on!

quote:

Boran Zavok (Demolition)

challenges

Remo (Alpha)

to a duel

at 1730 GMT on Saturday 30th April or at 1830 GMT on Sunday 1st May.

Ok Ben I'll be there. Do I get a bonus for towing you back to GHQ?