3000AD Fleet League The Great Race Challenge

I just tried the great race...and would have finished it, if the servers didn't have a grudge on me today....

First attempt, all going great, until there was a ARMADA (40+) of hostile ships in Castrin when I came through the gate, made quick work of me...

Second attempt (on server 2, to avoid NPC's, messed up big time, a shuttle that just left the planet, jumped to another region, disqualified.

Third attempt: All going perfect again, on my way back to castrin, jumping to the jumpgate to Foron, went to TacOps to halt the last shuttle...held my cursor over the shuttle...no information showed up , and a second later, a CTD...NOOOOO!!!!!!

It just wasn't to be....

Next time don't wait until the last day of the month . It's sometimes been the second or third day of trying that a valid race was achieved, but that was mainly due to connection instabilities on my end, which look to have been solved now

quote:

Originally posted by Marc Wubbema:

I just tried the great race...and would have finished it, if the servers didn't have a grudge on me today....

NONE of the above have anything to do with the server since there is no crash logged on the server.

I know the CTD was clientside and had nothing to do with the servers SC, I was kidding about the "server had a grudge on me" part, I had to blame someone/something for my failures yesterday

Stuff like that happens, i'm allready refining my tactics for the great race, and if i get a chance, I'll try the race tomorrow, or someday in the coming week.

Guest Remo Williams

The Great Race is no longer a scored league activity due to issues that have developed within the league. The ROE will remain in the league handbook and it maybe reinstated at a later date if several issues are settled that have brought about its removal from league competition.