Orion's Fleet Charter

Guest Remo Williams

Guest Remo Williams

I've been working on Orion's charter for some time and itÔÇÖs a huge under taking to say the least involving a lot of research.

I'm creating this topic to ask for help from all fleet members regardless of alliance to dig through the forums and BC sites and post links here to all things relevant to Orion's history, structure, and base locations from Blades tenure as FL.

Please post all links and discussion here so that Orion's charter can be completed and retain Orion's unique presence as GalCom massive firepower fleet.

Thanks

Guest Remo Williams

Orion's Structure in 2000 according to Blades consisted of 5 Battle Groups two of which were active while the other 3 were reserve and not in use at that time.

The two active heavy assault battle groups were named.

[*]Tsunami Battle Group

[*]Deterrence Battle Group

Each battle group consisted of 8 Cruisers and 1 Carrier that acted as a flag ship under tha command of the Battle Group leader.

What I would like to know is what were the names of the other 3 deactivated Battle Groups and there functions?

Since all five of the battle groups were commissioned to complement each other, but could function independent of each other if needed.

The Tsunami Battle Group was commissioned for heavy assault, and itÔÇÖs members were experienced in starstation capture or destruction.

The Deterrence Battle Group was commissioned as a support Battle group. it's function was to cover the Tsunami Battle Group during heavy assaults on enemy assets.

Does this all sound correct so far or am I missing something?

Guest Remo Williams

I found the complete Orion Fleet handbook, and will now delete the document I was working on and make the minor changes needed to incorporate MP and RP fleet elements into Orions exisiting charter.

Orion will have a complete MP/RP operational charter by tomorrow. Retaining her history, command structure, Battle Groups, and original RP base locations. Bringing us one step closer to the return GalCom's heavy assault fleet.

As Blades would say.....

quote:

Originally posted by Blades:

The
ORION
fleet is GalCom's HEAVY STRIKE FORCE. It isnt pretty and it isnt subtle, but when you want raw, brutal stomping power,
ORION
is the big brother of choice when the galaxy's misfits are kicking sand in your eyes.

Guest Remo Williams

Update!

Orion's charter is almost done I will post a link to it here for review when complete.

It was a little more involved than I originally though to make the minor revision needed to incorporate the MP and RP fleet elements and retain the body and original idea of the charter.

I believe I was successful at both I'll let you be the judge when its posted. If the link is not up by tonight it will surely be up by Monday afternoon.

Cheers

Guest Remo Williams

Thanks Sho!

Well the first draft is done, and ready for review.

Orion's Fleet Charter

I need you guys to go over it with a fine toothcomb, yes that means you to Ben.

We need to make sure this document retains the spirit and tradition of Orion fleet. If you see anything that is contrary to this goal post it here so it can be researched and corrected.

Sections 5 and 6 are still a work in progress, and are very small compared to the whole of the document. They will be completed by time we reach the final draft and its put into effect.

Thanks

EDIT IN: I've also made it into a PDF file for online viewing.

Orion's Fleet Charter PDF

[ 10-16-2005, 11:05 PM: Message edited by: Remo Williams ]

Typo in section 1.4 "The was done"

Also I think some of the sections that deal with UCO, but say Battlecruiser Online need to be updated to reflect the games that are going to come out.

I haven't read the whole thing, but it seems well put and the statement from Blades that stated the year is 3015 needs to be taken out since the idea of this document is to be used in the future and thus it shouldn't have any comments about the current situations of that time period in the document.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Grayson:

Typo in section 1.4 "The was done"

Thanks.

quote:

Also I think some of the sections that deal with UCO, but say Battlecruiser Online need to be updated to reflect the games that are going to come out.

Yes thats part of the orignal doc as you can tell it will be updated in the final draft.

quote:

I haven't read the whole thing, but it seems well put and the statement from Blades that stated the year is 3015 needs to be taken out since the idea of this document is to be used in the future and thus it shouldn't have any comments about the current situations of that time period in the document.

Thats part of Orion's history which I'm trying to preserve.

Guest Remo Williams

Either no one has any issues with the current draft of Orion's handbook, or no ones read it?

Please let me know if you feel it has preserved the spirt of Orion Fleet as well?

Thanks

Just skimmed through it now, noticed a few minor grammatical errors, but got a good impression overall, in tune with the spirit of Orion.

I'm really busy right now (proof-reading some scientific publications, doing a more detailed description of the recreation plaza and working on a draft of our charter) but if I have some time later today or tomorrow I'll go through it more thoroughly and let you know what I find.