Prime Fleet Leader Nominations

In an effort to try to keep the nominations for Prime Fleet Leader clear and concise, all nominations will be listed here.

Please post your nominations here. Self nominations are also allowable. Those of you that were nominated and don't wish the position please post here as well.

Is a nomination cut-off date for August 5 and a vote on August 6 fair and equitable for all?

-Sho

NOMINATIONS

$ilk

Kalshion

[ 08-01-2006, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: ShoHashi ]

quote:

I recommend someone initiating a roll call to assure that all potential candidates are aware of this opening.

Good point!

This can be initiated from the Fleet Database. I'll do so now.

-Sho

Guest Remo Williams

Darn my chairs not even cold yet. LOL! Just kidding. Thanks Sho I don't want her halls to go dark and cold after I served 6 years make sure that didn't happen. My best wishes are with whom ever takes the helm.

My nomination would be Dennymala of course since he was my XO.

Cheers

quote:

He was nominated on the list before this thread was started, Remo, but unfortunately he declined.

Of course, he can always reconsider!

-Sho

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by ShoHashi:

quote:

He was nominated on the list before this thread was started, Remo, but unfortunately he declined.

Of course, he can always reconsider!

-Sho

Oops, my apologies that will teach me to read my mail before posting.

I have jury duty this week so I am around... infrequently - but found out about this offer today. Given Orion's difficulties - it would seem I am available if we are looking at a possible consolidation of the two.

I have never been a member of Prime Fleet so of course I defer to anyone who is a standing member both of the community and of Prime Fleet itself.

Therefore consider my acceptance of the nomination tentative for the time being until this news has been distributed amongst everyone - although I am flattered at the nomination and provided no one else is interested would like to discuss the situation with the brass of Prime Fleet to get an accurate feel of what they would like to see.

I would like to motion that we delay a vote until there can be a prime fleet discussion including any nominees not currently in Prime.

quote:

Oops, my apologies that will teach me to read my mail before posting.

That happens, Remo.

quote:

I would like to motion that we delay a vote until there can be a prime fleet discussion including any nominees not currently in Prime.

I don't quite understand what you're trying to say here, $ilk, can you elaborate? I understand the delay part, but the rest of it I'm not understanding.

-Sho

quote:

Originally posted by ShoHashi:

I don't quite understand what you're trying to say here, $ilk, can you elaborate? I understand the delay part, but the rest of it I'm not understanding.

-Sho

Well - mainly it is the issue of Orion. I am Fleet Leader currently of what is for all intents and purposes on death watch. I think - whether or not I am chosen to 'lead' Prime that the issue of consolidation and the 'freeze' of Orion Fleet is put into place until it can be reorganized at a later date - and that I and current members move into Prime regardless.

I wanted to open that up for discussion.

Okay, $ilk, I think I understand what you are saying.

IMHO, whether or not you are in command of a fleet on "death watch," really has no bearing on the issue of Prime Fleet leadership nominations.

We're basically starting from scratch here and once most of the fleets have leadership, we can then concentrate on membership and gradually begin to fill out the other fleets.

If you wish to stay on in Orion, that's fine, as you've done an outstanding job there. If you wish to put in for the job at Prime, that's fine too. You just have to decide what you want to do, $ilk.

Comments, anyone?

This is going to be a rough time for a bit until things are sorted out. I could definately use the support of everyone in this Community.

-Sho

If you folks want to combine fleets (e.g. roll Orion into Prime), I don't think thats a problem. Orion will just remain temporarily empty until more people sign up.

Or, you folks can find a new FL for Orion.

Temporarily collapsing Orion into Prime has it's merits, as it is easier to build up one fleet and then then use it to seed another than to attempt to build two from scratch at the same time.

As I see it, there would be basically two ways of going about it (not mutually exclusive)

1. All Orion members would be moved into Prime as Orion Wing, with the same rp role as Orion Fleet has now (much like the Insurgents did when they collapsed all of their fleets into Spectre as wings). When Prime has gained enough active members to be able to split into two without going below critical mass (5-6 active members) then those who volunteer to join Orion can reform it as a fleet in its own right, along with whoever came to Prime from Orion in the first place.

2. All Orion members would be moved into Prime and placed into its existing structure wherever they best fit (the name of Orion effectively disappearing, or Orion Wing/Group/whatever you want to call it being present in Prime, but serving only as a reminder that Orion must be reformed one day). When Prime is big enough to split into two as above, then those commanders who have performed the best in combat (MP) (and are not yet in command positions within Prime that they would be unwilling to give up) will pool their talents and form Orion Fleet, fitting in with the rp origin of Orion (though it was formed from the SDF in rp history, close enough IMO)

Sound good?

You guys have my full support with whatever direction you want to take this.

Option two has the most RP merit, but could cause some dissention if suddenly the cream of the crop is gone. How about a mix of the two where volunteers are asked for from the best performers to create Orion's officers corps followed by extending the offer to the rest of the fleet to fill out the lower ranks. That should give a better mix without crippling Prime's capabilities all at once.

I suggest $ilk set a firm date for a meeting with Remo on TeamSpeak. At the top of the list of things to discuss should be the question: In what direction is Prime heading? And not just whether or not fleets will be consolidated. Of greater importance is how the daily business, training, and mission readiness will be conducted.

Until decisions are made in those areas, many current members of Prime will be waiting in the wings (NPI) before deciding what to do, personally.

quote:

Originally posted by Ben Zwycky:

Temporarily collapsing Orion into Prime has it's merits, as it is easier to build up one fleet and then then use it to seed another than to attempt to build two from scratch at the same time.

Agreed, Ben.

Like Eclipse stated, option number two seems to be the best, IMHO. As of this time there's not enough people to fill both fleets. As Ben mentioned, once there's enough people to split Prime into Orion, then we can do that.

quote:

Originally posted by Marvin:

I suggest $ilk set a firm date for a meeting with Remo on TeamSpeak. At the top of the list of things to discuss should be the question: In what direction is Prime heading? And not just whether or not fleets will be consolidated. Of greater importance is how the daily business, training, and mission readiness will be conducted.

That's fine, Marvin, but wouldn't it be better to wait until someone is actually voted into the position? Then that person can have the meeting.

Anyone else with comments or suggestions?

-Sho

I'm all set to let you guys hash out specifics. I think I'm done with jury duty for the week now so I will be able to get online during the day now to check in and see what has been decided.

In terms of Orion - I would like to do as the SC suggested and empty the fleet for the time being until we get a better idea of where things are headed and can get more people into the positions. Most everyone involved in Orion has RL commitments from personal to schooling, etc. that make it hard to coordinate currently.

I will be giving it further thought in the coming days.

quote:

Originally posted by $ilk:

In terms of Orion - I would like to do as the SC suggested and empty the fleet for the time being

Ok, Silk, it sounds like by that statement you want to keep your nomination in.

I still would like to keep the deadlines I originally posted at the beginning of this thread and we are starting to go a bit off topic. Let's get the new Fleet Leader in place, then we can discuss the specifics more indepth, ok?

If there are anymore candidates to be nominated, please continue.

-Sho

Guest Remo Williams

Its a shame someone here feels the need to silence the voice of Prime fleet members when this topic is about their fleet. Regardless of the censorship thanks for your nomination Marvin but I decline as per the rules of conduct stated by Sho for this topic .

SC could you check into this matter of deleteing post for no reason to keep this fair for the guys in Prime, Thanks.

quote:

Its a shame someone here feels the need to silence the voice of Prime fleet members when this topic is about their fleet.

That someone was me, Remo.

It was a hard decision for me on whether to leave it or delete it. In the end, based upon the SC's original post on the list and your PM with me, I felt it was warranted to delete. I made a decision based upon the information I had.

I didn't know if Marvin just didn't know the specifics or not (which I'm sure he did).

Sure, I probably could have posted a reply to Marvin's nominatin in the thread that Remo stepped down, but why? Why do that when Marvin already knows? No hard feelings here, Marvin.

Look, I'll be the first to say that Prime Fleet, under Remo, was and still is a fine Fleet. Second to none, even. I realize that it's going to be hard for Prime Fleet members to follow a new leader. I also realize the Remo has loyal members in Prime.

But what you guys need to understand is, that Remo is no longer in command. Hence is why this is a nomination thread and there will be a vote August 6.

If Prime Fleet members want to follow Remo in his new venture, fine. There will be no hard-feelings here. Please consider that if any current Prime Fleet member decides to go indie, you will not be allowed back in Prime or any official fleet. Prime Fleet will be rebuilt whether or not current members are a part of it. I'd much rather have original members stay, for continuity sake, and to keep Prime going in the vision Remo had for it.

But at the same time, all this hidden agenda crap, needs to stop.

I need everyone in the Commmunity to help in this endeavor, not to make it a hostile environment.

-Sho

Guest Remo Williams

Thanks Sho for coming forward, as I said you have my support. I've incouraged their involvement in Prime its up to them now. I'm even keeping a second AE in Prime as a grunt and as you can see I'm busy building a new organization from the ground up. Which is a very fun deal in it self.

If you need any assistance just say the word and your still more than welcome to come MP with us over at OPC HQ as we discussed.

Now hopefully we can get back to the business at hand here without any more distractions.

Cheers

I already made it clear to Remo and others. If any Prime member leaves to join any fleet, they won't be allowed back in any official fleet. Not in mp. Not in UCO. Not ever.

I hope that I have made myself clear on this

Guest Remo Williams

Quite clear boss, I posted our conversation word for word in a secure area for all Prime Members to read. This is also the reason why I'm maintaining a second AE in Prime on top of my primary AE's unofficial venture. Now I can promote MP to a much wider audience than just the Military aspect of the game I was limited to, thanks.

For the position of Leader, Prime Fleet, I nominate Commander Kalshion D'Dragon.

I make this nomination for the following reasons:

* With the possible exception of Remo, Kalshion has been with the Fleet longer than any currently active member. Kal practically grew up in Prime Fleet.

* Kalshion has participated in most every multiplayer activity and assignment in which Prime Fleet has been involved.

* For years, Kalshion has been a motivated leader in the area of role-playing. In fact, Kal initiated Prime FleetÔÇÖs most popular, ambitious RP story line of the last two years.

* As G6 Battalion Leader, 1st Combined Marine Battalion, Kal has been in charge of boot camp and readiness training for all Prime Fleet marines.

* Kalshion actively promotes Prime Fleet and defends, whenever necessary, both the Fleet and the 3000AD community. His support of the community centers around the fleets and fleet interaction.

It is for these reasons, at minimum, that I enthusiastically nominate Kalshion to lead Prime Fleet in our next great phase of exploration, colonization and defense of GalCom territories.