Fleet Action Poll - Not Just for Fleet Members

To help tailor Fleet Action so it is more accessible to the Community, a poll has been put together asking a variety of questions. Please answer to the best of your ability. This information is important to us.

This poll is for ALL those interested in organized multiplayer action, not just for those already in fleets.

The inclusion of individuals not part of the official fleets will hopefully allow more participants into multiplayer events. Those individuals will only be able to participate in Fleet Action as independent Raiders. This, in turn, will hopefully persuade some into joining an official fleet unless, of course, they prefer being a Raider.

To keep everything concise, those planning to take part should post in THIS thread and state their availability times in GMT, checking with Greenwich Mean Time to verify their timezone.

This poll will remain open until March 2, 2007.

-Sho

[ 02-03-2007, 08:34 AM: Message edited by: ShoHashi ]

That depends on how many others we get available at that time. If there are enough to run some sort of parallel MP activity, we can set that up no problem.

Don't write yourself off yet

I answered only the first two questions, choosing 'Something else' for the third. Should I return to the Fleets community in the future, my only consistent activity would be to RolePlay. That's my passion, and it's what's kept me comming back here for nearly nine years. Therefore, I would have little time for MultiPlay of any type. This is a matter of priority, not lack of interest. For details, please PM me.

Sho, thank you for polling the 3000AD community.

quote:

Sho, thank you for polling the 3000AD community.

Not a problem, Quazar, however the poll wasn't entirely my idea....it was Ben's. The poll also provides a good cross-section of what the community is interested in.

-Sho

Alright!

For those Commanders that have expressed interest in this poll in joining a fleet, please post here .

This will make it known that you are interested in a fleet. You will then be able to get some information on which fleet is the best fit for you.

Cheers!

OK, at the time of this post we have 15 people who have posted in the poll so far, but only 8 have posted regarding their availability times here in the thread. We don't know who to contact if you don't, since the poll itself is anonymous.

Chime in, people

Excellent, Wolfie and it appears we now have 3 non-fleeters interested in taking part (plus the two who would like to be in a fleet), so if you could get at least four of you together (you three, whoever you are, plus at least one more bloodthirsty scou- *ahem* I mean like-minded indepedent) to form a pirate band, you could take part as a raider 'fleet'

Who else have we got?

OK, only two days left in the poll and a fairly clear picture is emerging, though it is not complete because there are still a lot of people who haven't posted their availability times in this thread.

At the moment, it looks like we will be going with UC:AWA and 8pm GMT on Sundays for our main MP activity, for all those who that does NOT suit, please state your availability times and game versions here, so that we can arrange some way for you to take part.

(This will either be a secondary MP activity using a different game version and/or time slot, or the opportunity to take part in the main Fleet Action season via submittable offline SP missions, depending on how compatible your options are.)

For all those who can make the above slot, let's start organising you into teams here so we can get started with the new season. Wolfie and the other non-fleet players, if you can't get enough of you together to form a raider band, maybe you could play as 'guests' with the Insurgents, if they'd be willing to have you.

For some reason I'm not able to use the polling feature. In fact there are a lot of things I can't use. I don't know if it's because my account hasn't been used in a long time or if it's because I made a mod angry I'm not sure what to do , I can't vote, change my sig, or do pretty much anything.

OK, for those unable to use the polling feature (or who want to give their input after it closes), we can do it manually- just answer the three questions in the poll, which are:

Question 1:

Are you a member of a fleet?

i. Yes, a Galcom Fleet

ii. Yes, an Earthcom Fleet

iii. Yes, an Insurgent Fleet

iv. Yes, a Gammulan Fleet

v. No, but I'd like to be.

vi. No, and I don't want to join a fleet

Question 2:

Which version(s) of Universal Combat do you own? (Please select all the versions you have)

i. Universal Combat

ii. Universal Combat Gold

iii. Universal Combat: A World Apart

iv. Universal Combat Special Edition

Question 3:

What kind of organised multiplayer activities are you interested in? (You can select more than one)

i. Team-based, goal-oriented tactical scenarios

ii. Team-based deathmatches

iii. Individual duels

iv. Something else (if you choose this option, please state what you have in mind in the thread)

As was already stated in the first post in this thread, please also post your availability times GMT, verifying your time zone at the Greenwich Mean Time site beforehand.

quote:

For some reason I'm not able to use the polling feature.

That's probably because the poll ended at 11:59PM, March 1.

I had hoped that the poll being open for a month would be plenty of time for long-time Community members and new people to take part in it. Unfortunately, you've been the exception.

-Sho

• 2 weeks later...

Don't blame yourself, I'm just a jerk; )

Question I : Yes, Insurgent

Question II : UC:AWA

Question III : Team/fleet based action. Other - Online multiplayer events that devine the history of the UC/BC universe on all offical web sites. Example would be a battle created and hosted by Supreme Commander, who's out come would effect the BC/UC universe as fact. Like a battle of a space station, and from then on out if you have the newest patch who ever won the battle in the match will control it in all new Roam games. Would add a sense of gravity to the game eh?

well, we'll be sort of doing that with the map module, the outcome of a mission can influence the ownership of a region on the map, with associated rp after action reports, bragging rights and other rp tie-ins to that.

Each battle is significant and has a purpose in a grander scheme of things, the story of each season will be archived so everyone can see what happened even well after the fact, but once one side reaches total domination (all fleet forces of all other alliances destroyed), then the map will have to be reset and a new season will have to be started, since those other alliances will have nothing left to play for.

A single full season will probably take a long time to complete (possibly even spanning a few years), depending on how even the sides are (since it can only end once all but one side has been totally destroyed), so if that's not 'grave' enough for you, there's not much more I can do for you

Btw, you forgot to state your availability times

Oh, sorry ^_^ Right now up until April 1rst I can play any time after 12:00 AM EST to 6:00 AM on most any night of the week so at the latest that's about Noon GMT right? After April 1rst I will have Sunday and Monday off and my I'll be working from 1:30 pm to 10:00 PM the rest of the week.

Shos what I know about the rest of the world, I thought everyone did the day light savings time thing . At any rate after april first Ill be ready to play every Sunday