Universal Combat CE is now shipping!!

Supreme Cmdr

This is to let you guys know that the boxed DVD-ROM version of UCCE is now shipping to stores this week. Usually EB Games get games quicker that most other retailers. So I'd check with them first.

Though the ESD (Electronic Service Distribution) versions (Digital River, Direct2Drive) won't be ready until sometime around the end of this month (with the possibility of a delay, giving the time of year), I think most of you hardcore fans should pick up the boxed version since its the last time you're going to see a BC/UC based game, let alone a boxed version at that.

There will be a minor patch released next week, but other than that, we're done with BC/UC. The end.

:cool2: OK, Just Called EB Games and Best Buy, they should have it in a few days...

The suspense is absolutely killing me...

So, I in turn feel the need to kill Gammulans... :birthday:

Thank you very much,

Spectre... :smack:

Hi Supreme Cmdr,

Thank you for you hard work. It is indeed very exciting to see this product to be released. Will it be available from EB in Australia as well?

:birthday:

Xmas comes early this year, hehe.

It is sad it came to this (no more boxed products, no more printed manuals...). There are many dishonest people out there who want to play but don't want to pay. I will miss this series dearly. It is THE BEST space sim ever to be produced in this galaxy. I doubt it will ever be topped by any other space/planetary/FPS sim combo. Full stop.

Regards, Mimes

I have updated the links on the sales page to online retailers who currently have it in stock. Some may ship outside North America, but you won't know unless you try ordering it and going all the way to the checkout page. You could also check their shipping policy.

Take2 informed me last week that EB Games Canada placed a large order. So they're probably getting quite a few inquiries. I suspect that it will start appearing in their

stores sometime next week.

Unfortunately, since Take2 has the sole distribution rights, BMT Micro, which ships our other games worldwide, will not be carrying it. However, since they still have some

copies of the printed UCAWA manual (in which only one or two insignificant pages are different from the printed UCCE version), you can still order the manual (comes with the printed keyboard sheet/map) and the digital distribution version when that goes live later this year.

WOOO HOOOO !!!!!!

I just ordered my 2 copies !!!! overnight shipping !!!!! I am dying !!!!!!

I would like to thank all of you at 3000AD and Dreamcatcher (programmers and developers etc...) for your excellent work on this game.

:applause:

:allhail:

:)

There are not any other games out there that offer this amount of flexibility in what you can do... while having gotten the scale of things right. I have played many many games (ask my wife, she says I disappear into my "Black Hole". I thank god for her and the fact that she is so cool about my only addiction).

SC,

My first copy is to use myself, the second is for safe keeping and maybe if you and (or) your team is ever at comicon or a game convention, maybe I can get autographs on it.

Thanks again,

Spectre :jam_on:

I would like to thank all of you at 3000AD and Dreamcatcher (programmers and developers etc...) for your excellent work on this game.

uhm, thanks, but Dreamcatcher has nothing to do with this game. They were the publishers of BCM Gold and UC. Thats it. In fact, their

rights to those two games expires this December. At which point they too will be released on the Net for free at some point in the future.

btw, who did you order your copies from?

Hello there,

If anyone outside US/Canada is interested, I have managed to find e-bay listing. Just search for "Universal Combat" in e-bay search engine and it should come up. It is listed as "Universal Combat -- Collectors Edition (PC Games) *NEW*" and it is a "Buy it Now" item.

It is from this e-bay store:

http://stores.ebay.com.au/kolinb

They ship to Australia, and I have already placed an order. When I get it, will let you know how fast will it arrive, how well is it packed etc.

Regards, Mimes

uhm, thanks, but Dreamcatcher has nothing to do with this game. They were the publishers of BCM Gold and UC. Thats it. In fact, their

rights to those two games expires this December. At which point they too will be released on the Net for free at some point in the future.

btw, who did you order your copies from?

SC,

WalMart online, they had them in stock and shipped overnight. I had been scouring retailers at lunch (calling and stopping in...) and the only ones who had it listed in their computers (as being on order, but not in stock) were EB Games and Fry's, I clicked the vendor links on the web page you listed, called local WM stores and had no luck finding a copy on the shelf, so finally I decided to order them and have them shipped overnight.

Thanks again,

Spectre

SC,

WalMart online, they had them in stock and shipped overnight. I had been scouring retailers at lunch (calling and stopping in...) and the only ones who had it listed in their computers (as being on order, but not in stock) were EB Games and Fry's, I clicked the vendor links on the web page you listed, called local WM stores and had no luck finding a copy on the shelf, so finally I decided to order them and have them shipped overnight.

Thanks again,

Spectre

Appreciate the heads up with Walmart.com. Thankfully, they were in stock and they ship to APO's. Amazon gave me too much of a run-around and I have no idea if the pre-order(?) even went through or not (slow and sometimes unresponsive internet), as there is no record with either them or my bank. But if it does I'll end up with extra copies.

Acquired...

Installing...

(JAWS theme in the background...) Gammulans beware...

Spectre out...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Spectre want Starcarrier... Ugh...

Spectre NEED Starcarrier... MMppffhh...

:headshake:

(Spectre take Christmas presents...)

• 3 months later...