Help for an Aussie pilot

mimes

Hello everyone,

As SC said:

"The boxed version is being sold in North America and Canada only.

There are currently no plans to make it available to other countries. For that, there is the digital distribution version."

I will simply shrivel-up and die if I cannot get the boxed version of UCCE. I live in Adelaide, South Australia. I have been following and playing / buying this series since its inception. I simply cannot imagine not to be able to have this release.

Is there any good soul living in the US of A or Canada to buy this game for me? I will pay for the game, your time getting it, packing it well and sending it to me Air Mail. Maybe you want something we have down-under an you do not, like a kangaroo, koala, Harbour Bridge, Opera house or some other weird stuffà :birthday:

Please, please, please, do not let me die prematurely cos I have a wife, 2 kids, third on it's way and I spent enough time away from them already playing BC... If you can help, send me an e-mail or a message through this forum.

Regards, Mimes

P.S.: SC, would you have anyone youÆd recommend?

well there not released yet by me. (USA, IL) I checked walmart and gamestop yesterday.

but you can go to amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/3000-AD-Universal-Co...3393&sr=8-7

Uh, oh, I feel a bit like manic / depressive. When I saw this post, I had a manic state. :birthday: Then I checked the link and found this:

"Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues."

So back to the depressive state... :cool2:

Regards, Mimes

Thats correct. Take2 only have rights to North America and Canada distribution. So, whoever they sell to, is not allowed to ship outside those territories.

So, your best bet is to have someone in the US buy it and ship it to you. Or wait for the digital distribution version due out in late November or early 2008.

So, your best bet is to have someone in the US buy it and ship it to you. Or wait for the digital distribution version due out in late November or early 2008.

Hi there,

That is exactly what I am trying to do. I simply cannot imagine not having this last titile of the UC series, boxed and all, with the printed manual, map and a keycard. If I have to, I will start saving for an air ticket, fly to the US of A and buy it myself. :) Other games produced nowadays are simply not worth even trying...

So once again, CTRL+ALT+T, SOS to tow one copy of UCCE form the US of A galaxy to the forsaken outpost called Adelaide (where distribution of such fine wares is not happening). The volunteer will be rewarded accordingly with Galcom credits converted to American dollars or whatever the volunteer may require from this outpost. The affected pilot in the outpost just hit CTRL+E and is patiently waiting.

Regards, Mimes

well there not released yet by me. (USA, IL) I checked walmart and gamestop yesterday.

but you can go to amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/3000-AD-Universal-Co...3393&sr=8-7

Thank you very much for that link. For the life of me, "Universal Combat CollectorsÆ Edition" would not come up in any Amazon search so I almost had to resort to begging my wife to check GameStop or Best Buy for it. I'm gonna snag 2 copies, I got a buddy that is excited to check out the game and CE is the best way to go, being it has the star map and manual. Thank you for this release, SC.

[Edit] Any idea when Amazon will have them in stock, I'm wondering if it would actually be quicky just to have the wife buy and mail it then wait on Amazon.

Okay, sorry for hijacking mime's thread, but could we set a list of all canadian and north-american players willing to ship the boxed game to anyone unable to buy it?

What would the guarantee and such stuff be?

Derek, any chance we get a version sent and dedicated by you? :)

I have updated the links on the sales page to online retailers who currently have it in stock. Some may ship outside North America, but you won't know unless you try ordering it and going all the way to the checkout page. You could also check their shipping policy.

Take2 informed me last week that EB Games Canada placed a large order. So they're probably getting quite a few inquiries. I suspect that it will start appearing in their

stores sometime next week.

Unfortunately, since Take2 has the sole distribution rights, BMT Micro, which ships our other games worldwide, will not be carrying it. However, since they still have some

copies of the printed UCAWA manual (in which only one or two insignificant pages are different from the printed UCCE version), you can still order the manual (comes with the printed keyboard sheet/map) and the digital distribution version when that goes live later this year.

Okay, sorry for hijacking mime's thread, but could we set a list of all canadian and north-american players willing to ship the boxed game to anyone unable to buy it?

What would the guarantee and such stuff be?

Derek, any chance we get a version sent and dedicated by you? :)

Hello there,

I posted the following in another section of the forum but it may be more suitable here. SC, please feel free to remove if not suitable here:

"If anyone outside US/Canada is interested, I have managed to find e-bay listing. Just search for "Universal Combat" in e-bay search engine and it should come up. It is listed as "Universal Combat -- Collectors Edition (PC Games) *NEW*" and it is a "Buy it Now" item.

It is from this e-bay store:

http://stores.ebay.com.au/kolinb

They ship to Australia, and I have already placed an order. When I get it, will let you know how fast will it arrive, how well is it packed etc."

This will definitely beat having to fly to the USA to buy UC-CE from a Wall-Mart, hehehe... It is sometimes hard to understand all the legalities of foreign trade / relations etc. We, Ozzies, go to every war with US, have strongest trade ties, our TV is 90% US programs, speak English - oi, oi, oi but still English. Here in Adelaide we have real helicopters, jet fighters, submarines, tanks, fish filters, you name it, half the stuff is made in USA and after we bought it, it was shipped here. But none of the 4 listed retaliers would ship me a box with a game to Adelaide. :applause:

Regards, Mimes

Take2 informed me last week that EB Games Canada placed a large order. So they're probably getting quite a few inquiries. I suspect that it will start appearing in their

stores sometime next week.

yeah, probably all mine, lol

seriously if I'm too carefull I'll start knowing all the employees names... :)