HE:LP - Planetary Attacks - UCSE

Guest plazmaks2

Guest plazmaks2

Hello fellas. I rarely ever post on here but i sorta need some help. U see... i bought UCSE about a yr ago. and i havent actually sat down and given it a good play. However recently i decided to spend a few nights blowing up some bases on Mars. While i was there i noticed something new and i cant find any info on it in the forums.

Control Towers.... I sent down some marines to waste this base and they were able to take down everything except the supply station and DJP and the Control Tower...

Normally i just wack the bases off the map with some nukes but decided a base assult would be a little more fun. Now like i said above neither of those 3 ground Objects would die. My marines just kep pounding away at em and no effect.

So what am i doin wrong here ive gone over the new manual and cant find anything about assulting bases with the exception of attacking them in space. I was under the understanding from an old memory somewhere that we could conquer the ground bases and they would fall under our race/cast's control. Am i wrong about this ?

Now i fully expect to be blasted by the OLD SC but beleive me ive spent hrs searching the forums here and my docs and i cant seem to find any info pertaining to Control Towers at all.

How to i make the ground bases mine? I figure over the next few weeks until something sneaks up on me in orbit and destroys my CC i want to systematically wipe out the ground bases one sector at a time.

Also i have another complaint lol... I was very disappointed yrs ago when BCM came out and to my dismay the multiplayer was disabled. i waited and waited with promises it would be fixed which later was terminated. This is fine... so like 3 yrs later i get around to buying UCSE and when i log onto the server to find other gamers ... no one is there... how the heck do i find u guys and get a LIVE game on. Ive got the gamecq client and all that and not a soul is in the lobby or any of the other channels.

Ok sorry for being a newb to the forums etc, But hey im just asking so i can enjoy this game a little more. any help from someone would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

PlazmaKS.

Here are some clues. Pay attention.

1. If you can't destroy something, my guess is that its indestructible

2. If you don't see anyone on multiplayer, my guess is that nobody is online

btw, mp wasn't disabled in BCM. There was no mp for that title.

Hope that helps.

Guest plazmaks2
btw, mp wasn't disabled in BCM. There was no mp for that title.

Thats cool and all but the day i went looking for a game to buy and i was in the store reading the box's BCM had multiplayer listed on the box which is or was the main reason i purchased the game. Also when i went to the forums and i saw several posts in which you yourself had said that a possible patch to fix or impliment the Mulitplayer aspect of BCM might come out. But then if i remember right you decided against releasing it. and just held off for the next game title. Thats good business so cant complain there. And please dont get me wrong i wasn't complaining about your game. I love the game. I just figured i was out of the loop or something regarding mulitplayer and that the other guys here who do play with one another were hidden somewhere. So aparently not... my mistake.

Also I searched your glossary and item data base looking for the control towers or some info on it. No mention of em at all.

So i guess you cant conquer ground bases and have your cast and race take them over?

You can't conquer planetary bases, simple :)

However, I'd also like to know more about these strange control and capture towers. They dont seem to have any ingame use atm, is there any plan to fix that?

Thats cool and all but the day i went looking for a game to buy and i was in the store reading the box's BCM had multiplayer listed on the box which is or was the main reason i purchased the game. Also when i went to the forums and i saw several posts in which you yourself had said that a possible patch to fix or impliment the Mulitplayer aspect of BCM might come out. But then if i remember right you decided against releasing it. and just held off for the next game title. Thats good business so cant complain there. And please dont get me wrong i wasn't complaining about your game. I love the game. I just figured i was out of the loop or something regarding mulitplayer and that the other guys here who do play with one another were hidden somewhere. So aparently not... my mistake.

BCM was released only through a special deal with EB Games.

On the [blue] box (which I have here), it says "Optional Multplayer will support seamless space and planetary modes"

On p5 of the manual, it says "Once BCM supports multiplayer, this option will take you to the multiplayer selection screen".

The optional multiplayer module was never released for the game. When the BCM Gold and UC deal was signed with Dreamcatcher, it was decided that it would be released in BCM Gold, instead of as an additional download which would cause patching and support issues. Which is why when it was finally implemented and released in BCM Gold, those with BCM had an optional discount in the form of a coupon from Dreamcatcher.

If when you bought the game, you didn't multiplayer, you had the option to return it. Especially since EB -at the time- were accepting returns for all games, no questions asked.

You can't conquer planetary bases, simple ;)

However, I'd also like to know more about these strange control and capture towers. They dont seem to have any ingame use atm, is there any plan to fix that?

There is nothing to know. They were created for a special multiplayer mode which was later scrapped. Now they are just like any other scenery model. So there is nothing to fix, smart ass.

well except that they have a simular poly count of a starbase model... Speaking of which, I was going to ask you, which buildings are there purely for scenery? (well besides the civilian buildings) I'm haveing FPS issues whenever I'm running around a base. I would like to just strip out the buildings that are there purely for looks useing the editer provided. (Radeon 9700 pro just doesn't have the kick it used to... ;) )

well except that they have a simular poly count of a starbase model...

Which means what exactly?

Speaking of which, I was going to ask you, which buildings are there purely for scenery? (well besides the civilian buildings) I'm haveing FPS issues whenever I'm running around a base. I would like to just strip out the buildings that are there purely for looks useing the editer provided. (Radeon 9700 pro just doesn't have the kick it used to... ;) )

You don't need a GUI editor to do it. And no, I'm not going to show you how to do it. Upgrade your machine.

I'm haveing FPS issues whenever I'm running around a base... (Radeon 9700 pro just doesn't have the kick it used to... ;) )

RAM, brother. Another Gig should take care of that. Had the same problem in SWG and it made a world of difference. And upgrading your vid card like the SC said wouldn't hurt either.