Campaign/ACM loading problem

Hi,

Just got my copy of UCCE. Looking forward to spending some time with this as I have been with the series since V1.0.

Anyhow, runs great with one exception.. Upon loading the ACM, 'The Future is now...' the game CTD's. The point of the CTD is within a second of the loading text saying 'Loaded Ok.....". No warning or errors... Just CTD to desktop.

ALL other ACM's seem to be running fine. Possibly a script error in the ACM files? I also cleaned, reinstalled and repatched just to be sure I did not get a bad install the first time around.. Same result.

SIG is current, fully updated my system using the DX that came on the DVD.

No clue. I tested that - as much as I did all the others. So I'll wait for someone else to confirm before I go off on a wild goose chase.

btw, the DX runtime on the DVD is the July version. The latest - and for which the latest patch is built - is the August version.

Yah i get the same error, it crashes to desktop when i try to load the future is now. Also on instant action scenario IA0311 SF Marine Space Station Defense, i get a Fatal Error, "Error Opening FARSTAR/FARSTAR", i assume thats a missing model or something that didn't get installed for some reason. Also whenever my command craft in roam scenario (at least that I've tryed so far) gets destroyed it crashes to desktop instead of saying game over. Other than that this games great.

I have the newest update and directx 9.0c August that installed with the auto patch updater.

No clue. I tested that - as much as I did all the others. So I'll wait for someone else to confirm before I go off on a wild goose chase.

btw, the DX runtime on the DVD is the July version. The latest - and for which the latest patch is built - is the August version.

I caught the DX thing.. updated my system.. Been playing for a few hours straight now.. game really is smooth. Love being able to go back and play some of the old campaigns... Got my ass handed to me twice already.. *sigh*

I will keep watch here on updates for that campaign/ACM issue.. All others load and run great so it is probably something in the script. If I can help further or notice anything else that might isolate that, I will let you know...

Yah i get the same error, it crashes to desktop when i try to load the future is now. Also on instant action scenario IA0311 SF Marine Space Station Defense, i get a Fatal Error, "Error Opening FARSTAR/FARSTAR", i assume thats a missing model or something that didn't get installed for some reason. Also whenever my command craft in roam scenario (at least that I've tryed so far) gets destroyed it crashes to desktop instead of saying game over. Other than that this games great.

I have the newest update and directx 9.0c August that installed with the auto patch updater.

I have not tried the Space Marine scenarios... didn't think of those as I am more of a Commander/Fleet player. Since you helped confirm my issue, I try that scenario on my machine and see if I get the same thing..

[EDIT/UPDATE] SC, I can confirm his error as well. A system requester pops up in the background with the exact error as he described for that scenario/mission.

Hi,

Just got my copy of UCCE. Looking forward to spending some time with this as I have been with the series since V1.0.

Anyhow, runs great with one exception.. Upon loading the ACM, 'The Future is now...' the game CTD's. The point of the CTD is within a second of the loading text saying 'Loaded Ok.....". No warning or errors... Just CTD to desktop.

ALL other ACM's seem to be running fine. Possibly a script error in the ACM files? I also cleaned, reinstalled and repatched just to be sure I did not get a bad install the first time around.. Same result.

SIG is current, fully updated my system using the DX that came on the DVD.

Run the game in a window by adding /w1 to the shortcut. You should then be able to see the error message. If you also add /d2 to the shortcut, a .log file will also be created in the game folder and it may show the cause of the error which looks like a missing asset (like below).

Looks like the installer didn't copy over three map assets. The farstar.tga, hellseye.tga, trion.tga images should be in the PTE\STETEX folder. If they are not, then thats probably the problem. If you have BCM or BCMG, copy those files over from the PTE2\STETEX folder and try this again. If it works, let me know and I'll do a roll-up update.

Those maps are for the BCM/BCMG world and that IA0311 scenario (see GAME_SCENARIOS.TXT in the GBS archive) are from those games.

Well, don't thank me yet until you've applied it and verified that it works. B)

See I got so excited in playing for hours I forgot to come back and tell you it worked! LOL. Thanks again.. Been playing with no problems.

Quick question.. when and how often do "random" ships spawn? It seems sometimes the spawning gets real slow until you 'zone' to a different sector then it starts again for a while before falling off again. Most 'red' ships that spawn also seem to be on a bee line to RTB instead of battling it out.. even after you attack them.. Is this a script design issue or the game engine? Starting to try and learn the script language and want to create something that is all out war with a target rich environment that keeps you busy managing not only your battelcruiser but all the stations you control as SC. Including any stations in other sectors from the one you are in... Thus you will need to make smart use of probes to manage other sectors.