Focus Group

Release it or not?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should we release Echo Squad for sale or not?

• No, don't do it! Focus on Talon Elite
    • Yeah, why not? I want to play it!

As per this posting, I have been trying to decide on what to do with Echo Squad, now that the exclusive period with GameTap has expired.

Since Talon Elite, which is more advanced, is on track for release around the end of March 2008 on the PC, I am somewhat hesitant to release Echo Squad to the public and outside of GameTap.

On the other hand, it is a completed title which and being the first in the GALCOM series, really should be out there; especially in the hands of non-GameTap subscribers.

While it can be offered for digital distribution (there is not enough time to do a retail boxed version without it encroaching on Talon Elite territory), I am still somewhat skeptical that being an older product, it may just not be worth the aggravation. However, seeing the dearth of space combat sims, coupled with the rubbish that is being released these days, I can't help but wonder if I should even bother.

So, what do you folks think? Respond to the poll and post your thoughts.

SC!

Based on what I have seen of the other titles, and knowing you awhile back, I would say just let it out to the public.

I personaly have not looked at this new installment due to not being around for a while due to RL, But from what I have read in the forum in the last few days of trolling around, SC seems to have been good about purging the old for new peeps to see, and with the new title being so much more advanced. This should and could only help sales, and the community.

Just my 1 cent, I know the way to the air lock.

Yeah, if it's finished I don't see why not. Just Release it.

Maybe use it as a tool and make it a budget title or something to get more people interested in talon elite.

As a huge fan of the "roam" mode of the previous titles, I'm a bit skeptical (to put it lightly...) on this new direction your takeing the series. So a discounted preview would be excellent to silence those worries.

Just my thoughts, if you're wanting to start a new series then starting with a game with a massively improved graphics engine would be better for the image of the new line IMO, echo squad seems like a transitional title rather than a full series starter, so keeping it just at Gametap might be a good move to introduce the concept to a wider audience and then blow them away with the quality of the 'real' series, hence my no vote.

As a huge fan of the "roam" mode of the previous titles, I'm a bit skeptical (to put it lightly...) on this new direction your takeing the series.

The GALCOM titles are completely different. So, don't compare them to any previous "series" such as BC/UC.

There is no "roam" mode in the game. Even if there were, it is highly unlikely that you would survive in a fighter.

I already made this clear (you probably missed the memo, like everything else) that this series wasn't for those of you who prefer the style of gameplay in the BC/UC series. So, uhm, don't play it.

Just my thoughts, if you're wanting to start a new series then starting with a game with a massively improved graphics engine would be better for the image of the new line IMO, echo squad seems like a transitional title rather than a full series starter, so keeping it just at Gametap might be a good move to introduce the concept to a wider audience and then blow them away with the quality of the 'real' series, hence my no vote.

True. But you can't start a series by keeping it locked to a closed system (GameTap).