Crisis & UT3 Flop. Spectacularly

Supreme Cmdr

I'm not at all surprised at Crysis. After reading all of the A+ reviews, talking with friends turned me off to it a bit. Getting to sit down in front of one of their computers to play it for an hour turned me off to it entirely. Its just another shooter... besides the graphics there's nothing else that I found really spectacular about it. The AI is alright, but I've still seen better no matter what the review outlets are saying.

With UT3, I've been waiting to get that one until after Christmas. I hope that stands true with most everyone interested in the game.

On the flipside, does anyone have figures for the PC version of CoD4? And Orange Box? Somehow I think those two might have toasted the chances that Crysis and UT3 had. I know that I've been playing CoD4 almost exclusively since the week it came out.

I was on the Crysis beta b4 the File planet group came in, it was ok, kind of fun, but by the MP open beta/demo release, I was done with the game. I did not even come back for the open beta... it is pretty though.

UT3, I have UT2004, IÆm good. The only thing good to come out of UT3 is the game eng. that is it. The game is exactly the same, just better looking.

So it was off to CSS and BF2142 again. The insurgency mod for CSS rox!

And another up and coming game I just got finished with the beta for was Frontlines Fuel of war. Very nice IMHO, some good twist to the game play. Helos are a little touchy... but a hell of a lot of fun.

Some parts of that remind me of Quake 4, but very, very different. And it uses the UT3 eng.