OÆReilly: Fox Vandalized, Attacked

Friday, January 11, 2008 12:10 PM

By: Jim Meyers

Bill OÆReilly says all Fox News employees are now ôcautiousö after several run-ins during coverage of the New Hampshire primary that were fueled by ôanti-Fox hatred.ö

In his syndicated column out this week, OÆReilly described attacks on Fox that border on violence.

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/fox_van...omo_code=42D4-1

My Comment:

Everyone knows my position on these matters - those responsible should be tried for vandalism and thrown in jail - to bad it won't happen since those who did it are LIBERALS, it'd be differenet if they were REPUBLICANS.

My Comment:

Everyone knows my position on these matters - those responsible should be tried for vandalism and thrown in jail - to bad it won't happen since those who did it are LIBERALS, it'd be differenet if they were REPUBLICANS.

Bill O'Reilly assaults Obama Staffer in NH.

It was probably fueled by this.

My Comment:

Are you kidding me? You do realize that Fox News represents a small faction of very well known Republicans. Most of us are really disgusted with the crap that they show on there, especially O'Reilly; we're disgusted at how Fox does nothing but slander and dig up bullshit on people who oppose its points of view, both Democrat and Republican. They promote hatred and selfishness in government, the exact kind of shit that's been tearing Capitol Hill up for years. For our Government to function we have to be willing to compromise. I hate Billary's & Obama's radical views as much as everyone else, but Fox News is pure bullshit. CNN is too. Oh, and NBC. All they care about is ratings, O'Reilly included.

Bill O'Reilly assaults Obama Staffer in NH.

It was probably fueled by this.

Thats probably EXACTLY what it was fueled by. O'Reilly has to reap what he sews. He's an asshole and he seems to think he can walk all over people and get away with it. Its about time people start standing up to him.

• 2 weeks later...
Are you kidding me? You do realize that Fox News represents a small faction of very well known Republicans. Most of us are really disgusted with the crap that they show on there, especially O'Reilly; we're disgusted at how Fox does nothing but slander and dig up bullshit on people who oppose its points of view, both Democrat and Republican. They promote hatred and selfishness in government, the exact kind of shit that's been tearing Capitol Hill up for years. For our Government to function we have to be willing to compromise. I hate Billary's & Obama's radical views as much as everyone else, but Fox News is pure bullshit. CNN is too. Oh, and NBC. All they care about is ratings, O'Reilly included.

Thats probably EXACTLY what it was fueled by. O'Reilly has to reap what he sews. He's an asshole and he seems to think he can walk all over people and get away with it. Its about time people start standing up to him.

Forget Fox News. Did anyone else notice that MOST of the people to appear on that clip against Obama were GUESTS of Fox News?

I guess Fox News should be sure to censor freedom of speech and their guests so that liberals won't have to feel so "threatened". Freedom of speech evidently only REALLY means, "freedom of speech we agree with".

Forget Fox News. Did anyone else notice that MOST of the people to appear on that clip against Obama were GUESTS of Fox News?

I guess Fox News should be sure to censor freedom of speech and their guests so that liberals won't have to feel so "threatened". Freedom of speech evidently only REALLY means, "freedom of speech we agree with".

I agree.

Fox News has been caught red handed removing Ron Paul from coverage.

In the Fox News debate post-New Hampshire Ron Paul gave a scathing retort of the Fox News moderator. Fox News subsequently removed that part of the debate from the re-airings. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSMjYXFYmTY)

In another controversy, Fox News purchased an AP article about Wyoming - and then edited out all references to Ron Paul. (

)

Fox News also refused to invite him to the New Hampshire debate even though they invited Guiliani (whom Ron Paul has a 4-1-1 record against).

Fox News can of course do what they like (free market, etc.) - but they shouldn't pretend to be "Fair and Balanced" when they have already showed multiple times in the past month alone that they try to fix the news.

Edit: I also remember they got busted in Iowa using the same group of people in supposedly "random" samplings of undecided voters to claim that Guiliani/Romney were the best candidates.

Fox News can of course do what they like (free market, etc.) - but they shouldn't pretend to be "Fair and Balanced" when they have already showed multiple times in the past month alone that they try to fix the news.

Right on! The job of the news outlets is to report the news, not make it. Fox News hasn't been keeping to that creed for the better part of this decade.

• 3 weeks later...
Right on! The job of the news outlets is to report the news, not make it. Fox News hasn't been keeping to that creed for the better part of this decade.
Considering that Fox News is a NEWS network, and therefore is in the business of reporting NEWS, and Ron Paul is CLEARLY not making NEWS in any way, shape, or form, it is not odd that a NEWS network such as Fox doesn't spend a lot of time on Paul.

Look, I initially thought that Ron Paul was, shall we say, a TAD out of touch. But I was willing to think that perhaps I was mistaken. However, the reaction of his supporters to his lack of news coverage, EVEN THOUGH he's not even a SECOND tier candidate, tends to lend credibility to any assertion that he, AND his supporters, are out of touch.

News is NEWS. A PRIVATE NEWS NETWORK, no matter WHAT network it is, is NOT OBLIGATED to give equal coverage to all candidates. Instead, due to them having to make MONEY because they are PRIVATE, they will give coverage to FRONT - RUNNERS.

Ron Paul and his supporters have no one to blame but themselves.

Unless, of course, we'd prefer Stalinism.

Considering that Fox News is a NEWS network, and therefore is in the business of reporting NEWS, and Ron Paul is CLEARLY not making NEWS in any way, shape, or form, it is not odd that a NEWS network such as Fox doesn't spend a lot of time on Paul.

Look, I initially thought that Ron Paul was, shall we say, a TAD out of touch. But I was willing to think that perhaps I was mistaken. However, the reaction of his supporters to his lack of news coverage, EVEN THOUGH he's not even a SECOND tier candidate, tends to lend credibility to any assertion that he, AND his supporters, are out of touch.

News is NEWS. A PRIVATE NEWS NETWORK, no matter WHAT network it is, is NOT OBLIGATED to give equal coverage to all candidates. Instead, due to them having to make MONEY because they are PRIVATE, they will give coverage to FRONT - RUNNERS.

Ron Paul and his supporters have no one to blame but themselves.

Unless, of course, we'd prefer Stalinism.

I disagree:

Ron Paul raised more money than any other GOP candidate in the 4th quater.

Ron Paul was barred from a Fox News debate in NH (and the NH GOP dropped sponsorship as a result) even though he beat 2 other candidates who were allowed to attend in number of votes.

Ron Paul was virtually ignored in terms of news coverage on Fox - I even did a search via Google site:Foxnews.com "Ron Paul" and the only stories which come up in the results are either negative or repeating disproven claims.

CNN/MSNBC neither of them had a problem covering Ron Paul (granted, in the amount of recognition he earned so they didn't focus on him) so I'm just wondering what Fox News didn't like about him that caused them to give much less coverage as well as attempt to marginalize him with certain debate questions.

Let me be fair: Fox News can choose to cover/not cover whatever stories they want. I have no problem with this at all.

What the did however, was specifically biased - i.e. editing Ron Paul out of replays of debates, editing references (3 - 4 words max) out of reprinted AP articles, and basically showing that there was more going on than just ignoring him. This wasn't a bias of not covering him so much as an explicit bias of Orwellian-style editing of the News.

Youtube has been very wonderful in highlighting the bias of Fox. There was an "undecided voter" group of stories they kept running around IA/NH and they got busted using plants who were supposedly undecideds from either state.