How to Capture Planetary StarBases

Spectre

Good Evening,

I have been trying to capture planet based star bases. I have destroyed everything in the planet mission zone several times (until the destroyed units no longer re-spawn). The only thing left is the lonely Star Base... he he he

I have driven up to the star base in my Wildcat and blasted it until it goes SOS. then I dock with the star base, but it does not give me the "Capture Station Y/N" option, I just dock with the enemy base and buy some stuff... When I log off, the Star Base is still showing as enemy unit (although still badly damaged and regenerating).

I then tried the same thing with a fighter craft and again, when docking with the SOS base, upon leaving, no capture credit...

In the book, it says that you can dock with stations and bases depending on what type of craft you are in, and that you can capture stations that are at SOS by docking with them.

Is the same not true for bases vs stations?

Game Rocks... Total Addict...

:)

Darn, I guess it's back to Crush, Kill, Destroy all enemy bases on Earth (to start.... :lol2: ). Then once all of my enemies are dead, there will be peace in the Galaxy...

Thanks again,

Spectre

Darn, I guess it's back to Crush, Kill, Destroy all enemy bases on Earth (to start.... :lol2: ). Then once all of my enemies are dead, there will be peace in the Galaxy...

Thanks again,

Spectre

Nah, I guess it's more like Crush, Kill, Destroy all enemy bases on Earth, then restart from scratch cause they rebuilt over time :D

Hint: OTS.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello, I'm new to the forums really, I made a account a bit ago but didn't really say anything. I saw this post though I was going to post the generic same, so I might as well post here.. I was curious to know if there will ever be "Capturing Plant Bases". For a bit a saw a structure called "Capture Tower' but I suppose that isn't what it was. I'm not saying "ADD IT ASAP" but I am curious to know things about this game. I think this would make single player marines more interesting if you could capture bases. But I know you put alot of dedicated time into the game already, and it goes to proove it by how great the game is.

I have the first UC, UC:AWA, UC:SE, UC:CE, so yeah, this game means alot to me, it's one of the first games that I've been able to enjoy to do what I want, freely, I love the fact you can fight in space, air, attack naval units, ground units, bases, etc. The game is just simply awesome!

But if not, that is no worries, I am very interested to see how everything goes. Good job on a great game. I've been stuck on it for years now :)

And to jsite73 reply, they rebuild, unless you use a OTS missile, I believe.