3000AD Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Axil

Sorry but why do I get crashed to desktop whnever I try to do planet ops?

You'll need to give us a lot more info about your system than that before we can find the problem. Take a look at the system profile link at the bottom of my signature and see if you can give us similar info, including which game you are playing.

Ok then try this

Compaq Presario

Pentium 4

3.2 ghz

1 gig ddr

512 meg nvidia gforce 7600 gs

120 gig hard drive

realtek sound ac97

dx 9.oc

A very good machine which has happily played many mmo's with no problems, ie LOTRO, wow, guild wars, and so on.. eve online not least..

Never had this problem before..

Ok then try this

Compaq Presario

Pentium 4

3.2 ghz

1 gig ddr

512 meg nvidia gforce 7600 gs

120 gig hard drive

realtek sound ac97

dx 9.oc

A very good machine which has happily played many mmo's with no problems, ie LOTRO, wow, guild wars, and so on.. eve online not least..

Never had this problem before..

The fact that your rig can play other games bears no relevance to its ability to play this game. If you installed and/or patched it incorrectly or have messed with Config settings, you will have problems.

And you STILL didn't say which game you're having problems with.

UPDATE: From your other thread, you are playing the original - and unsupported (now its been released for free on the Internet) - Universal Combat. This is the wrong forum to post it.

*moved*

I've downloaded the free version to play with on my laptop...I'll run the latest on the main rig.

Anyway, I had a CTD issue until I turned off DXT Compressed Textures. The game then ran flawless for I'd say (gulp) 6 hours or so. Yeah, don't tell my wife.

This included all sorts of operations - space, ground, me and some Marines beaming down, mining drones deploying and being picked up.

So if you are having crash problems, give that a go.

Moral of the story: it's usually the video driver's fault.

Turning off the "DXT Compressed Textures." worked for me just now. I kept getting crashes when trying to use an OTS missile. It pays to do a little research. :beerchug: