[UCCE] Problem with SecuROM DRM

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does not display a runtime error #. I only get the following in the error pop-up message:

Runtime Error!

Program : C:\Progra...

As far as running without the disc, I get the message to insert the disc, and then get the same runtime error after selecting "Retry" with the disc now in the drive.

OK thanks. I'll get back to you when I hear back from Sony.

So v1.00.04.01 works fine and does not generate an error if you start it without the media and then insert the media, right?

Correct. 1.00.04.01 starts up fine with the disc in the drive initially or after inserting it following a "insert disc" prompt.

Also, I need you to remove the media from the drive and reboot the machine before trying this test again.

And if it still doesn't work, I'm gonna need you to send me your MSINFO file. You can run MSINFO by either going to START/RUN and typing: msinfo32 /report c:\my_msinfo.txt or by creating a shortcut to the program and given it the parameters required. See below.

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\MSInfo\msinfo32.exe" /report c:\my_msinfo.txt

Then zip up the my_msinfo.txt file (located in the root of your C:\ drive) and send to me via email.

From what I can tell, the SecuROM version has changed between the v1.00.04.01 patch and the v1.00.05 patch. So since it works here, my guess is that you may have a conflicting memory resident program that SecuROM is unable to detect (and thus tell you to stop it) and thus causing the problem.

I have been unable to reproduce this problem. So I have re-issued this patch. Anyone else with the DVD-ROM can please download the patch via the patch page or the in-game updater, run it and let me know if there are any problems.

In the meantime, I will look at your msinfo file and confer with the Sony guys to see if we spot anything suspicious.

I have the DVD-ROM version of UCCE installed. I used the in-game updater to bring me up to v1.00.04.01 this afternoon. I was able to start up the game no problems whatsoever.

However, I didn't see the v1.00.05 patch come up in the in-game updater after patching to v1.00.04.01, so I grabbed it from the 3000AD Patch page. After patching up to v1.00.05, I have no problems running the game. I even rebooted the system and was able to run the game. When the DVD is not in the drive, I do get the "No disc inserted" message, but that's to be expected when the disc is obviously not in the drive. Hitting Retry doesn't give me any error.

-Sho

Well, I downloaded the full patch, installed it and now it runs fine, both with the disc in the drive and after placing it in the drive after a retry prompt. I get to the main menu and confirmed the version "1.00.05" in the lower right corner.

I downloaded it from 3000 AD download BTW.

However, I didn't see the v1.00.05 patch come up in the in-game updater after patching to v1.00.04.01, so I grabbed it from the 3000AD Patch page.

My bad. I forgot to update the patch server when I re-released the patch. Fixed now.

Well, I downloaded the full patch, installed it and now it runs fine, both with the disc in the drive and after placing it in the drive after a retry prompt. I get to the main menu and confirmed the version "1.00.05" in the lower right corner.

I downloaded it from 3000 AD download BTW.

OK, thats the end of that then.

• 6 months later...
OK, thats the end of that then.

Hi :birthday:

Im not quite sure if this is the correct way to post my problem with the copy-protection.

I got my UCCE DVD from BMT on wednesday and installed it right away.Game runs fine in the out-of-the-box version,but after updating via the updater to 1.00.09 i get the "emulation software detected" message from the copy-protection.I uninstalled the game and downloaded the patch manually from the 3000AD website,but the problem stays.I do not have any kind of emulation tool like alcohol or daemon tools installed...i tried uninstalling my nero 8 ,but that didnt help either.I searched the web for a solution...nothing which helped found.

So maybe someone here has a solution for me?

Thanks in advance

That message is coming from the SecuROM DRM program because it is detecting an emulation program in memory. These programs can be used to modify the DRM in memory and crack it. Thats why it won't run.

You do not have to uninstall Nero - or ANY program. You just have to use Task Manager or tools such as Whats Running or Process Explorer to stop such programs from running. These two tools are better than Task Manager and you will see everything that is running. Look for anything related to Nero such as InCD, image manager etc or alchohol, debugging tools etc and stop them before running the game.

If you are getting this message on the latest patch, thats probably because the new version of SecuROM probably has more stringent checks for such programs.

Look for anything related to Nero such as InCD, image manager etc or alchohol, debugging tools etc and stop them before running the game.

I did download and use Process explorer,but i didnt find anything related to Nero nor a debugging tool...maybe its a conflict related to my Boards tools or something.I created a analysis file as mentioned by securom and did send it to them.They answered that the developers of securom has to look into it... lets wait and see what they say :birthday:

I did download and use Process explorer,but i didnt find anything related to Nero nor a debugging tool...maybe its a conflict related to my Boards tools or something.I created a analysis file as mentioned by securom and did send it to them.They answered that the developers of securom has to look into it... lets wait and see what they say :birthday:

This is the very first time that I'm hearing of such a problem tbh.

Can you send me an output of your Process Explorer listing? Send it to me via PM and I'll take a look and see if I spot anything.

The SecuROM DRM signature changes regularly. So those games/patches you have used a different version of it. Which is why the DVD-ROM works (it uses a different version of the DRM) and this latest patch - which uses the latest SecuROM - does not.

You could try one of the older patches in the meantime until you hear back from Sony. Assuming either one of them works.

v1.00.07

v1.00.08