[UCCE] Problem with SecuROM DRM

The SecuROM DRM signature changes regularly. So those games/patches you have used a different version of it. Which is why the DVD-ROM works (it uses a different version of the DRM) and this latest patch - which uses the latest SecuROM - does not.

You could try one of the older patches in the meantime until you hear back from Sony. Assuming either one of them works.

Well thats odd...newly installed UCCE ver 1.00.03...runs

Patched to 1.00.07 doesnt start,conflict with emulation software detected...

Patched to 1.00.08 starts and runs... :wtf:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, thats because they keep changing the DRM signature. That depends on when a patch is done and their protection server is accessed for the signature to inject into the exe. If the DRM has changed, that new DRM version is what gets injected. So it looks like in between them pissing around with it, some versions work while others don't. And its all down to other programs in memory.

At least 1.00.08 works. There isn't anything major in .09. So you can wait until you hear back from them.

Yeah, thats because they keep changing the DRM signature. That depends on when a patch is done and their protection server is accessed for the signature to inject into the exe. If the DRM has changed, that new DRM version is what gets injected. So it looks like in between them pissing around with it, some versions work while others don't. And its all down to other programs in memory.

At least 1.00.08 works. There isn't anything major in .09. So you can wait until you hear back from them.

Ok ill post the reply as soon as i have one .

Thanks for your help :wtf:

Ok ill post the reply as soon as i have one .

Thanks for your help :D

Partially good news ;)

SecuROM support mailed me an answer today with a link to a fixed .exe , patch1.00.09 works with this fixed one (in singleplayer that is).Now that the multiplayer part uses a different .exe i replied to them asking about that ;)

They did however say nothing about what caused this conflict on my machine,so that i could possibly fix it .

Ah well...lets wait for the answer to my reply to them :wtf:

• 7 months later...

Gday,

There seems to be a SecuRom DRM issue with the v2 upgrade, over the D2D verion. I'm getting a "no disc inserted" error".

Vanilla install of the D2D version of UCCE "UniversalCombatCE_100301_D2D.exe" and Activation.

Download and installed the UCCE - v2.0 Patch [DVD/D2D/GG] version of the update. 242.4 MB (254,122,409 bytes),

I'v downloaded the upgrade from 3 different sources.

Gday,

There seems to be a SecuRom DRM issue with the v2 upgrade, over the D2D verion. I'm getting a "no disc inserted" error".

Vanilla install of the D2D version of UCCE "UniversalCombatCE_100301_D2D.exe" and Activation.

Download and installed the UCCE - v2.0 Patch [DVD/D2D/GG] version of the update. 242.4 MB (254,122,409 bytes),

I'v downloaded the upgrade from 3 different sources.

I bet I know why. Is the paul.dll file in the game folder? Thats the DRM key for D2D and GG version. If its not, then thats the problem. You need to save that file from the previous install because the upgrade accidentally deletes it.

I bet I know why. Is the paul.dll file in the game folder? Thats the DRM key for D2D and GG version. If its not, then thats the problem. You need to save that file from the previous install because the upgrade accidentally deletes it.

Spot on, paul.ddl was deleted from the v2 upgrade install. Did a complete fresh dance, using the saved paul.dll. Confirmed up and running.

Cheers