Direct2Drive DRM (aka Copy Protection) License Issue

Supreme Cmdr

If you pre-ordered the game from Direct2Drive, when the game became available today for purchase, you were probably sent a key based on the pre-order DRM license instead of the final release license.

Direct2Drive is sending out replacement keys to all those who pre-ordered. If you have not received it, please contact them directly as we cannot issue DRM keys.

Sorry for the inconvenience!!

Haven't posted in ages, but just an FYI: My retail key ( not preorder) is not working. Purchased the game about an hour ago and it is saying that "Activation Failed wrong/invalid serial number".

Issued a support ticket with D2D and awaiting a response. I know it's out of your hands; just giving a heads up.

Hey!! long time no see!!

Anyway, thats not a retail key. If you pre-ordered the game, you got a pre-release key. You should be getting a retail key any minute now. Please babysit your email. :)

Hey!! long time no see!!

Anyway, thats not a retail key. If you pre-ordered the game, you got a pre-release key. You should be getting a retail key any minute now. Please babysit your email. :)

Really appreciate you for looking into it, but I didn't pre-order the game. The key I have is a retail key that I bought tonight around 7pm, unless they gave me a preorder key by mistake. I have my support request in, with D2D, so am expecting manual activation reply from them at some point. Thanks again.

I'm really sorry. You guys know me and that if this was something within my control, that I'd take care of it immediately. It saddens me that someone pays for a game and then you can't play it because you've been given the wrong key.

Anyway, if you don't get your key by this afternoon, please contact me via email (dsmart@ you-know-the-rest) and I'll give you an exe protected with another DRM product which I used for the preview. At least you'll be playing. When you get your key from D2D, you can just replace the exe that I send you.

In IGN's defense, I love working with them. They are really a great bunch of guys. I've had *no* problems with them or I'd point you to somewhere else where you can buy the game. But you guys know me, I'm a loyalist to a a fault. So hang in there; they'll fix it.

From my understanding this is happening because of the preview. For obvious reasons, the preview build used a different DRM certificate than the final build. This is because if we protected the final build, then the DRM license for the preview build - still active on the license server - will still work. The result is you get a free game. So, thats why a different certificate was used.

Anyone who bought the D2D version and having the same problem, can contact me. I would need you to send along your D2D receipt as well please, so that I can correctly identify who you are.

I just got an email from D2D. They have refunded my money from the original purchase and even given me a $10 coupon to rebuy Echo Squad if I so choose.

Of course I rebought it. :)

Very nice of them to give me $10 off for my troubles. A real class act they are!

I'm not surprised. As I've said before, they're a good bunch of folks. Been working with them since 2005 and never had an issue that wasn't addressed in a timely and proper fashion. There's a reason that they're one of the largest DD gaming sites.