Issues

Overall the game ran very well, performance was good, and most everything seemed to work great. No real show-stopper issues to report. I did run into minor stuff and have listed some items below, but none of them prevented playing and enjoying the game.

Pentium-D 2.8GHz, 2GB RAM

GeForce 8600 GTS 256MB

Windows XP SP2

Saitek X-45 HOTAS joystick

1. When going into Options, Keys, and selecting my joystick, if I then try and click one of the actions to map a button to it, the game freezes and I have to kill it with task mgr; leaving the defaults works fine and the joystick is fully useable in game
  2. I also have CH Products Pro Pedals; it might be nice to be able to set them up for yaw, since the X-45 throttle yaw lever is a bit annoying to use; the pedals provide smoother motion; Not sure if this is possible though
  3. Selecting TACOPS from the menu system takes you to the save game and exit command, the menu item must be mapped to the wrong command; using Alt-T works fine and does take you to TACOPS
  4. I found that turning up anti-aliasing in the settings caused the MFDs and panel cluster to sometimes render very darkly, other times not render at all, and it also seemed to cause some other anomolies, where the pilot wouldn't be shown when looking back, the cockpit when looking forward was obscured by something in front of it, etc.; turning off anti-aliasing (setting it to 0) cleared this up

Anyway, so far it looks like a great game! Looking forward to getting some more time on it.

1. I don't have an X-45, so I can't say why that would happen. I have no less than five sticks here (incl. the Saitek AV8R-01) and they work just fine. I'll take a look and see if I can find anything odd
    going on.

btw, are you sure the game has frozen? It could be that the game is awaiting input. When you left-click on the button you want to remap, the button will be highlighted. You then have to press that button. If the button is not
    recognized, the game won't return from that function and will keep polling for input. Hence the reason it appears as if it has hung. I really need to add support for the ESC key to abort the op. I'll
    make a note of it and roll it into the next update.

Please fill out a support ticket with a descriptive title plz.

2. Due to conflicts with joystick functions/buttons, pedals are not supported. In fact, that could be your problem. Try unplugging the pedals before starting the game and see if that helps.

3. Oops!! My bad. I did change Tacops from ALT+S to ALT+T in order to revise it and make the "save game" idiot proof. I just forgot to update the menu table. I guess everyone uses hotkeys because nobody
    noticed it. :)

4. You're on your own with that. I can't do anything about video driver issues. The game's default AA is 2x and it works just fine when we tested with that card. If your video card craps up at anything higher, you're on your own. I'd like to see a screen shot of this anomaly with the default 2 setting and the 0 setting that you are using. Please fill out a support ticket (with a descriptive title plz.) and attach the files there. Be sure to include your system specs and the drivers you are using. You should be using the 169.44 drivers.

I don't have an X-45, so I can't say why that would happen. I have no less than five sticks here (incl. the Saitek AV8R-01) and they work just fine. I'll take a look and see if I can find anything odd

going on.

btw, are you sure the game has frozen? It could be that the game is awaiting input. When you left-click on the button you want to remap, the button will be highlighted. You then have to press that button. If the button is not

recognized, the game won't return from that function and will keep polling for input. Hence the reason it appears as if it has hung. I really need to add support for the ESC key to abort the op. I'll

make a note of it and roll it into the next update.

Please fill out a support ticket with a descriptive title plz.

when playing the game, the joystick buttons work. I can use the hat to cycle targets, I can pull the trigger to fire guns, etc. so the game is able to get button input from the stick, which is why it seemed like a freeze to me. I'll write it up as a ticket.

Due to conflicts with joystick functions/buttons, pedals are not supported. In fact, that could be your problem. Try unplugging the pedals before starting the game and see if that helps.

I thought that could be as well and I tried unplugging the pedals, but got the same results. Anyway, as I said I'm able to use the joystick and I'll write up a ticket.

Oops!! My bad. I did change Tacops from ALT+S to ALT+T in order to revise it and make the "save game" idiot proof. I just forgot to update the menu table. I guess everyone uses hotkeys because nobody

noticed it. :)

crap, I guess I shouldn't have admitted to using the menus :doh:

You're on your own with that. I can't do anything about video driver issues. The game's default AA is 2x and it works just fine when we tested with that card. If your video card craps up at anything higher, you're on your own. I'd like to see a screen shot of this anomaly with the default 2 setting and the 0 setting that you are using. Please fill out a support ticket (with a descriptive title plz.) and attach the files there. Be sure to include your system specs and the drivers you are using. You should be using the 169.44 drivers.

After some more testing, I don't think its due to AA. I set AA to 0 and turned off HDR for the heck of it and saw the darkening (although not complete shutoff) of the background textures. I'll make sure I have the latest drivers. Maybe its as simple as a driver update.

Thanks for the responses. As I said, nothing show stopping here, seems to be running very well overall.

• 2 weeks later...
when playing the game, the joystick buttons work. I can use the hat to cycle targets, I can pull the trigger to fire guns, etc. so the game is able to get button input from the stick, which is why it seemed like a freeze to me. I'll write it up as a ticket.

I thought that could be as well and I tried unplugging the pedals, but got the same results. Anyway, as I said I'm able to use the joystick and I'll write up a ticket.

crap, I guess I shouldn't have admitted to using the menus :rolleyes:

After some more testing, I don't think its due to AA. I set AA to 0 and turned off HDR for the heck of it and saw the darkening (although not complete shutoff) of the background textures. I'll make sure I have the latest drivers. Maybe its as simple as a driver update.

Thanks for the responses. As I said, nothing show stopping here, seems to be running very well overall.

Anti Aliasing seems to be broken. If I enable it along with HDR rendering, lots of artifacts, including the pilot view totally messing up, and a strange transperency bug on models.

Anti Aliasing seems to be broken. If I enable it along with HDR rendering, lots of artifacts, including the pilot view totally messing up, and a strange transperency bug on models.

There's nothing broken about it. Especially since AA (x2) and HDR are enabled by default.

Check your drivers.

In the future, if you post stuff like this, leaving people to guess what you're talking about, your post will be deleted on sight. Nobody knows what graphics card you have etc.

Well, that's the problem - Drivers are up to date for my 8800 GTX -- 169.44, the ones recommended, and DX9, too. The issue with clipping has gone away since I reinstalled it, but the game just flat out will not accept FSAA, whether in game with HDR disabled or enabled, or either way with it forced in the drivers. Don't know what the problem is, but I'm betting HDR because it usually screws up AA, depending of course on what kind of HDR it is.

The game works with FSAA + HDR just fine. Exactly what I said above and that they are enabled by DEFAULT.

Also, you are playing the demo. Please buy the full game if you want tech support.

Please stop posting in threads related to the full game. Thanks.